PDA

View Full Version : The Time Clock on our 2nd to last drive

GodfatherofSoul
11-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'd completely forgotten about the time clock failure. I watched the recap and the announcer noted that the timeclock had malfunctioned. Then, we got the delay penalty and Tomlin threw up his arms in frustration. Anyone know the details? I'd hate to think an equipment failure cost us that FG attempt.

BigNastyDefense
11-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'd completely forgotten about the time clock failure. I watched the recap and the announcer noted that the timeclock had malfunctioned. Then, we got the delay penalty and Tomlin threw up his arms in frustration. Anyone know the details? I'd hate to think an equipment failure cost us that FG attempt.

From what I heard, the refs never had them reset the clock, which caused the delay penalty. While it was no guarantee that Suisham would have made the kick (I get an ulcer every time we go to kick even a chip shot FG), if we make it then the game goes to OT.

suitanim
11-09-2011, 12:53 PM
From what I heard, the refs never had them reset the clock, which caused the delay penalty. While it was no guarantee that Suisham would have made the kick (I get an ulcer every time we go to kick even a chip shot FG), if we make it then the game goes to OT.
I like Texasteels "what if?" better...where he speculates that Sushi kicks it right into the chest of a Ratbird who then scoops it up and scampers 60 yards for a game clinching TD.

steel striker
11-09-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm with ya on this too and, I don't have much Faith in Shaun when it is 40 or more.

43Hitman
11-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I like Texasteels "what if?" better...where he speculates that Sushi kicks it right into the chest of a Ratbird who then scoops it up and scampers 60 yards for a game clinching TD.

At least we would have time to mount a drive ourselves in this scenario.

O'Malley
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Johnson makes the catch instead of dropping it moot point, IMO...

steeldevil
11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I still think Tomlin should have used a TO and considered our options with the assistants, but even with the non-TO and the clock operator's mistake(?) we still had a VERY preferable situation at the end: Don't let the mediocre QB go 92 yards on our D....

Count Steeler
11-09-2011, 06:23 PM
We deserved to lose if we couldn't stop Flacco from going 92 yards in just over 2 minutes. The game was ours to lose, and we did it.

NCSteeler
11-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Man if only torrey or anquan would have caught a few of those balls right on their damn hands we would have had plenty of time to get down and score, but no they kept dropping easy stuff and it killed the clock :eyebrows: