PDA

View Full Version : Did the Heinz Field DJ Intentionally Call Joe Flacco “Little Girl?”

venom
11-09-2011, 06:08 AM
According to several reports, as the Ravens were getting ready to take the field for what would ultimately end up being the game-winning touchdown drive, the scoreboards at Heinz field flashed side-by-side pictures of Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisberger, along with their stats through the game’s first 57-plus minutes.
No harm there. Ben had, indeed, outplayed his Baltimore rival to that point in bringing his team back from a 10-point deficit to take a 20-16 fourth quarter lead.
However, it was the choice of accompanying music that has people questioning whether or not the Steelers delivered a bit of a low blow to Joe.
Typically, before a big defensive stand, the song blaring through the loudspeakers at Heinz Field is “Renegade” by the band Styx.

http://www.bmorebirdsnest.com/2011/11/08/did-the-heinz-field-dj-intentionally-call-joe-flacco-little-girl/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bmorebirdsnest%2FasIc+%28B-More+Birds%27+Nest%29

GoSlash27
11-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Oh, good Lord... :coffee:

Edman
11-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Don't care what happens the rest of the year, this loss will sting for quite a while and will come back to haunt us. The Ravens are nowhere near as good as they look. We handled their Defense, their Offense (except on Third Down) was handled. They were had, and to quote the immortal Denny Green, we let them off the hook.

But a loss is a loss.

suitanim
11-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Harbaugh actually not only paid attention to this, but he was actually mad about it?

What a fucking douche...

86WARD
11-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Ravens did their talking on the field. Steelers got beaten by a little girl...twice.

BigNastyDefense
11-09-2011, 12:54 PM
First, from the one game I have been to (which was a preseason game last year), Renegade is played only once and it's played before the first defensive series of the fourth quarter. So it's not like they play it 12+ times a game, so once again, this writer doesn't have his facts straight.

And Harbaugh is such a whiney little sniveling bitch. I really just want to hit that SOB in the face with a cast iron skillet.

86WARD
11-09-2011, 01:34 PM
And Harbaugh is such a whiney little sniveling bitch. I really just want to hit that SOB in the face with a cast iron skillet.

I could support that...

st33lersguy
11-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Maybe they should have stuck with Renegade so the defense could get pumped up and maybe they would have played with some emotion on that final drive

Count Steeler
11-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Next year put up Harbaugh's picture with a crying baby wailing in the background.

Angina
11-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Next year put up Harbaugh's picture with a crying baby wailing in the background.

This ^^

stillers4me
11-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Coach!! I'm sure this won't be the last stadium you'll hear this song in now, and I'm positive you'll hear it at Heinz Field next year!!

stillers4me
11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
some of the comments on PFT are hilarious!

Oh get over it John! It’s not like they played “Murder was the case” by Snoop Dog after a Ray Lewis tackle

John, are you not learning anything from your brother? You resolve these kinds of issues at midfield after the game. I think a headlock of Tomlin followed by a Russian Suplex would have sufficed. This just makes you look weak

I love that song, I never knew Skynyrd wrote it about Flacco.

Don’t you kinda get the feeling anyone under the age of 35 is reading this and thinking “Who the ____ is Lynyrd Skynyrd?”

Hey Harbaugh!
You’re so vain you probably think this song is about you!

86WARD
11-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Lol...

NCSteeler
11-10-2011, 11:42 PM
First, from the one game I have been to (which was a preseason game last year), Renegade is played only once and it's played before the first defensive series of the fourth quarter. So it's not like they play it 12+ times a game, so once again, this writer doesn't have his facts straight.

Sometimes they don't play it at all and extremely rare twice in a game, but it is usually tied to the D needing a big stop not necessarily a point in time.

HometownGal
11-11-2011, 06:40 AM

I likey this idea! :thumbsup: :applaudit:

Harbitch. :jerkit:

steel9guy
11-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Can you see Tomlin complaining of this? haha what a whiner. Can't wait to knock them out of the playoffs again!