PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau's defensive schemes test rookie QBs

stillers4me
11-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Rookie quarterbacks facing Dick LeBeau-designed defenses have had little or no success.

LeBeau's zone-blitz scheme defense has given rookie signal-callers fits judged by the numbers alone: a 1-12 record, a 52 percent completion percentage, seven touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

Since LeBeau took over the Steelers' defense in 2004, only once in 13 games did a rookie quarterback get the best of LeBeau — Baltimore's Troy Smith in a meaningless Week 17 game in 2007.

When the Steelers (6-3) take on Cincinnati (6-2) at Paul Brown Stadium on Sunday in another key AFC North matchup, LeBeau's defense will face another rookie quarterback in Andy Dalton.

But as Steelers coach Mike Tomlin put it at his weekly news conference Tuesday, "He's not your typical rookie."............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_766300.html

BlastFurnace
11-09-2011, 09:58 AM
I'll be happy just to see the offense just bury the other team so that we don't have to worry about 92 yard drives at the end of the game.

GodfatherofSoul
11-09-2011, 10:31 AM
We seem to be great at making mediocre QBs look like heroes. I'd rather play Brady again than Dalton!