PDA

View Full Version : My favorite unsung Steeler. Heath Miller.

zulater
11-08-2011, 06:20 PM
http://prod.static.steelers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2011/11-November/heath-miller-vs-baltimore-11062011-02--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

I remember on the "old board" we had a poster who didn't think much of Heath Miller. Last year Heath's catches were down, but I attributed it to his being forced to help out Flozell ( more on him later) on pass blocking. I'm not sure if that was the only reason for last years lower production, but regardless for the last month Heath has become a force to be reckoned with in the passing game.I wouldn't trade him for any tight end in the game. He's the most complete tight end in the league. And a good guy and a leader on the team as well.

Also I love the way he simply tosses the ball to the ref after a big play or touchdown. You never have to worry about Heath drawing a taunting foul, that's for sure.. :chuckle:

Anyway I just wanted to put up a thread for Heath. :usa:

salamander
11-08-2011, 06:24 PM
HEEEEAAATTHHH!

I wouldn't trade Heath for any TE in the league right now.

SCSTILLER
11-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I have liked Heath since his rookie year. Unfortunately his stats will never blow up because he is relegated to pass protection on a lot of plays (especially when the Oline is in shambles, as it has been often the last few years). He is a match up nightmare for defenses, put a LB on him and he will get away from them, put a safety on him and he will overpower them. I will say though that when we first drafted Heath I was ticked off because I didn't think we needed a tight end, but he proved to me that we did in fact need a tight end, and he was that tight end!

HEEEEEAAAAAAATH!

Galax Steeler
11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Heath has some of the best hands in league you will hardly ever see him drop a pass. After the catch he will try and run over you instead of falling down after first contact.

steel striker
11-08-2011, 06:38 PM
One of my favorite players and, there is not a better complete TE in the game than Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeath.

Chidi29
11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Show me any other starting TE that pulls and becomes the lead blocker on run plays.

Nadroj 20
11-08-2011, 08:28 PM
He is so under rated when the top tight ends of the league are talked about. Heath is a great player and I love that hes a steeler!!!!!

Shoes
11-08-2011, 08:46 PM
There's none finer!

katmandu
11-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Show me any other starting TE that pulls and becomes the lead blocker on run plays.That is true. You normally do not see TE's pulling and blocking like Heath does.

Heath is the best all-around TE in the league right now!

All together now!!

HEEEEAAATTHHH !!!!!!

86WARD
11-09-2011, 11:45 AM
HEEEEAAATTHHH!

I wouldn't trade Heath for any TE in the league right now.

I would...for Finley...in a second. But I have love for Heath. One of my favorite players.

The Duke
11-09-2011, 06:04 PM
I would...for Finley...in a second. But I have love for Heath. One of my favorite players.

really?? Of all the tight ends out there you choose finley? He rarely is even lined up on the line of scrimmage

most glorified receiver I've ever seen

he's an amazing receiver no doubt but he can't do half of what Heath does

Count Steeler
11-09-2011, 06:14 PM
See how the improved O Line has released Miller into the passing game. Miller has been taking one for the team for quite a while because of the poor play of the O Line. Now that the O Line is not a turnstile, Miller is freer to roam and run routes. Very important cog of our offense.

HEATH!

zulater
11-09-2011, 06:15 PM
really?? Of all the tight ends out there you choose finley? He rarely is even lined up on the line of scrimmage

most glorified receiver I've ever seen

he's an amazing receiver no doubt but he can't do half of what Heath does

Agreed.

Jason Whitten is the only other tight end I'd consider over Heath this year.

zulater
11-11-2011, 10:20 AM
TE Heath Miller needs nine catches to surpass Elbie Nickel's 329 to become the leading receiver among tight ends in franchise history.
(Yahoo! Sports)

steelerdude15
11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Must underrated TE in the game today.

86WARD
11-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Agree. Live his style of play and the effort he puts forth.

steelerdiva
11-11-2011, 01:28 PM
HEEEEEEEAAATH!! LOVE HIM!!

Count Steeler
11-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Too bad he wasn't just 1 step quicker. He could really tear out the heart of a defense.

zulater
11-26-2011, 05:05 AM
Steelers: A twist in Heath Miller's tale

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201111/miller1_330.jpg

When Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians implored his unit Wednesday to focus on team goals rather than individual accolades, veteran tight end Heath Miller likely didn't need the reminder.

When told that he was five catches away from the Steelers record for tight ends, Miller shrugged his shoulders.

"I didn't know that," he said. "It is what it is. I'm sure at some point you can take time to look back and reflect on things, but now is not the time. Hopefully, now we're just focused on winning games at the end of the year. Those things will come as you win."

Miller has 324 catches in his career, trailing only Elbie Nickel's 329. His four catches in Week 7 moved him past Franco Harris for sixth place on the all-time Steelers list.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11330/1192682-66-0.stm#ixzz1eoBKAa4X

Good article, I would encourage all to click the link and read the entire story.

BlacknGoldBabe
11-26-2011, 07:49 AM
That is true. You normally do not see TE's pulling and blocking like Heath does.

Heath is the best all-around TE in the league right now!

All together now!!

HEEEEAAATTHHH !!!!!!

DITTO!!!!

tube517
11-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Miller, Brown and Mike Wallace have combined for 135 catches this season, and are the only trio of teammates ranked in the top 15 in the AFC in catches.

On the bench is Hines Ward, Jerricho Cotchery and Emmanuel Sanders and even Arnaz Battle. We have no depth at WR. Why doesn't the front office address these issues???? :chuckle: