PDA

View Full Version : Source: Steelers, Ravens fines likely

salamander
11-08-2011, 12:58 PM
The NFL is expected to hand down a series of fines to linebacker James Harrison and safety Ryan Clark of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis for questionable hits delivered during Sunday night's game between the teams, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Harrison hit in question occurred in the third quarter when the Steelers linebacker appeared to hit the Ravens' Ray Rice helmet to helmet after the running back already was tackled. Harrison was not flagged.

Clark was flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Ravens tight end Ed Dickson late in the first half. Clark hit Dickson in stride, appearing to lead with his shoulder, but both players' helmets made contact.

Lewis knocked Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward out of the game in the second quarter with his hit, which was not flagged. Ward left with concussion-like symptoms after the helmet-to-helmet hit. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin called the injury "minor."

more: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7207144/fines-likely-hits-pittsburgh-steelers-james-harrison-ryan-clark-baltimore-ravens-ray-lewis

Paluma0268
11-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Ray Lewis should have been flagged. Don't get me wrong - I'd like for his wallet to open up like Harrison's has had to!

GodfatherofSoul
11-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Looks like Goodell left out some headshots on our receivers.

steelreserve
11-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Fines? For what? I didn't see much wrong with that game.

Accidental or even borderline hits do not warrant fines in my book; only the real cheapshots, which there were none of.

O'Malley
11-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Looks like Goodell left out some headshots on our receivers.

That's what I was thinking...

fansince'76
11-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Fines? For what?

For the sake of SAFETY, of course! (As Hampton is submarined by another cut block...) :jerkit:

Austin87
11-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Can't agree more. The Steelers and the Ravens play football the way it is supposed to be played. I saw a couple of hard hits by Clark and Ray Lewis, nothing wrong with that. Ray Lewis is old and slow, but the guy can still hit like a truck.

suitanim
11-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Accidental or even borderline hits do not warrant fines in my book; only the real cheapshots, which there were none of.

And flags. There should have been none. The game was played as it was intended to be played. Goodell's faggotry be damned...

IUSteel
11-08-2011, 04:58 PM
And flags. There should have been none. The game was played as it was intended to be played. Goodell's faggotry be damned...

Agreed. No fines, no flags necessary. But if you are gonna throw them, throw them every time.

tube517
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM

Can you do that to British cigarettes? :chuckle: