PDA

View Full Version : The Top 10 QBs in the League

polamalubeast
07-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Not much love for Ben is once again in the forum.:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=401625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

polamalubeast
07-02-2010, 04:04 PM
WOW. You overrate ben. He should be around 9 or 10.
He had one really good season in his career and that was last season. All the others have had more then 1 good season.

:wtf::coffee:

steelerdude15
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Of course the Ravens fan runs their mouth. Ben is in the top ten easily, I believe he goes into the top five. I think he's a great QB who fits well in Pittsburgh, the way he is a leader for our offense is astounding, and I have said this for a long time, put anyone else, any QB in the NFL behind our O-line and we'll see how last they long. He also is clutch, he leads the team down the field in time of need. Look at his stats, especially in the playoffs, he simply does well and he deserves to be called one of the best in today's game.

steeldevil
07-02-2010, 06:18 PM
that ravens fan is an idiot.... barely giving credit to ben for his outstanding 2007 season...

polamalubeast
07-02-2010, 06:32 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=401625&start=90

I am giving him credit. He is in my top ten. But around 9 or 10.

I wasn't talking about giving him credit as a Top 10 QB, I meant giving him credit for having a really good seaosn in 2007 - one that the elite QB's in the NFL have only bested once or twice in their entire careers

I will give him credit for having a good season, But not a really good season.

Can you tell me which QB's had a "really good" season since 2005 and which season it was?

A really good season would be 3700+ yards and 30 plus touchdowns.

Roethlisberger had five excellent season 6 since the beginning of his career.

In 2004, his rookie season he finished the season with a record of 13-0 and became the first rookie QB in history has won the rookie of the year.

In 2005, he became the youngest QB in NFL history has won the super bowl and before super bowl, he had incredible playoff, is allowing the steelers to become the first team in history has won the super bowl Despite they play 3 games on the road.

There is much talk positively about Flacco and Matt Ryan and we are right to do so, but his first 2 seasons, Roethlisberger has had a ratio of 98.0

Ryan and Flacco are far from her, even if they are very good.

Rodgers and Rivers are different case, as they begin their career on the bench and they did not play to their rookie season.

In 2006, Roethlisberger had his worst season of his career.

In 2007, he knows an incredible season, is that it allows to have a contract of 102 million.

In 2008, the season or that Roethlisberger had more adversity because he was playing hurt, his offensive line has changed a lot, the running game was bad and Santonio Holmes was suspended one game and he not play well in November.

Roethlisberger has had its problems too, but in 2008 it was discovered that Roethlisberger was how mentally strong and never lost confidence even when things went wrong and he was knocking on every play.

He was very clutch and the steelers won the super bowl because that was very strong when Roethlisberger had adversity, even if he was still young.

In 2009, he had a great season.

ARE YOU ABLE TO TALK WITHOUT A PLAYER WATCH THE STATS.

The stats in football does not say everything.

As in basketball or baseball, the stats will not tell everything.

CantStop85
07-02-2010, 08:18 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=401625&start=90

Sorry for the off-topic, but I've seen you post here and over at the NFL Forum a lot and I'm just wondering...English isn't your first language is it?

polamalubeast
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry for the off-topic, but I've seen you post here and over at the NFL Forum a lot and I'm just wondering...English isn't your first language is it?

No

English is not my first language and I know I still have to improve my English.

steeldawg
07-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Ben is top 5 all day

hotrodder07
07-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Hardly anyone gives Ben the credit he deserves. Without him, there's no way we would have won those two Superbowls. He's a clutch QB, and plays very well in the Steelers offense. A lot of fans don't even watch the Steeler games, and see that he isn't putting up numbers like Brees, Brady, and Manning, so they assume he's just an average QB. He makes the plays he has to make, and puts us in position to win almost every game. He doesn't have the stats because he doesn't need to pass that much for us to win the game. He's a top 5 QB for sure.

Wallace108
07-03-2010, 01:05 AM
No

English is not my first language and I know I still have to improve my English.

Dude, your English is as good, if not better, than most of us here!!! :yup:

polamalubeast
07-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Dude, your English is as good, if not better, than most of us here!!! :yup:

Thank you!:love2:

polamalubeast
07-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Hardly anyone gives Ben the credit he deserves. Without him, there's no way we would have won those two Superbowls. He's a clutch QB, and plays very well in the Steelers offense. A lot of fans don't even watch the Steeler games, and see that he isn't putting up numbers like Brees, Brady, and Manning, so they assume he's just an average QB. He makes the plays he has to make, and puts us in position to win almost every game. He doesn't have the stats because he doesn't need to pass that much for us to win the game. He's a top 5 QB for sure.

100% agree

polamalubeast
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lto9O19RLpM

wvsportsman
07-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I really don't care where any other fans (haters) rank him! I have just enjoyed watching him play these last 6 years.
It's been some exciting football and glad he is a Steeler !!

polamalubeast
07-03-2010, 01:50 PM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Phillip Rivers
6. Matt Schaub
7. Tony Romo
8. Big Ben
9. Eli Manning
10. Donovan McNabb

Schaub over Romo Ben and Manning?........nope.

Schaub is better than Big Ben and Eli easily.
Just because they have super bowl rings doesnt mean they are better than Schaub. You can make a case for Romo and Schaub, but I'll give the slight edge to Matt.

Matt Schaud over Roethlisberger???:crazy::ranger:

come on:toofunny:

hotrodder07
07-03-2010, 02:21 PM
PolamaluBeast, I hadn't seen that video before. Thanks for the post, it was a great watch. :)

HollywoodSteel
07-03-2010, 04:54 PM
These lists are so subjective. After the top three of Manning, Brady, and Brees, you could make a case for putting Ben, Rivers, Rodgers, Romo and Favre in any order and it wouldn't be crazy. But the way I think about it, if I were down by 4 with 2 minutes left in the game, which one would I take? At this moment in time, I think I'd take Ben.

ALLD
07-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I can't believe how high the choke artists are ranked. Manning is definitely the best QB for fantasy football, but he still loses big games. Not to mention Rivers!??? WTF has he ever done? Aaron Rogers over Brett Favre? Matt Shaub and Tony Romo? Come on. Whoever wrote that article must be on drugs.

The Duke
07-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Meh, whatever. There is NO QB I would take over Ben in the last minute to win the game. Maybe an early 2000's Brady, but ben is still better

Let Shaub, Rodgers (who have never won playoff games) or Romo(who always seems to choke) get the high rankings. Ben can have the rings

polamalubeast
07-29-2010, 05:38 AM
:behindsofa:

polamalubeast
07-29-2010, 05:39 AM
Comparison Elway has Dilfer is probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen in July.

Not comparing the two as players at all. Just making a point, that teams with good defenses especially those who can create turnovers at a good click can carry QB's who are not playing well to Superbowls.

John Elway was carried to his first three Superbowls by his defense and then his last two Terrell Davis was the team focus.

I vehemently disagree with anyone who thinks that John Elway ever LED a team to a Superbowl.

Elway was definitely a lot better then Dilfer, but he still isn't a top 10 QB of all time. Elway is really overrated. A lot like Ben Roethlisberger.

That's my unpopular opinion. Ben isn't that great. A QB with a great defense is always going to have a chance.

That's also why Elway and Ben had so many comeback wins. The defense kept them in the game's so that they could make the comeback. Rarely have either ever had to come back from much more than a touchdown. Even if you play sloppy football all game and then can put together one last drive at the end, you are going to win a lot of games with those defenses.

That's why Super Bowls are team wins and really shouldn't be considered that much when comparing players, unless they simply played lights out in the Super Bowl ans playoffs like Montana. Montana is the GOAT at QB IMO and a lot of what puts him over others like Marino is his Super Bowls, but he he was insanely good in the playoffs and Super Bowls.

The reason people always mention Dilfer is because it shows how good a QB needs be to win a Super Bowl. A guy who was inconsistent throughout his career, yet managed to put together a couple Super Bowl runs isn't better then a QB who was consistently great, yet never managed to win one.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Psycho Ward 86
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
What are you talking about, that's a lot of love.

fansince'76
07-29-2010, 02:04 PM
John Elway was carried to his first three Superbowls by his defense and then his last two Terrell Davis was the team focus.Clueless. Absolutely clueless.

steel striker
07-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Alot of people forget in the 2005 playoffs how well Ben played before the super bowl. Now after all of the off the field issues the media has piled against him. Not to mention that great drive to win super bowl 43 the haters like to forget that as well.

BigBenFn7
07-30-2010, 09:25 AM
I will say that at least these lists have stopped having Carson Palmer in front of Ben. That was always ridiculous.

wootawnee
07-30-2010, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league.......He is clutch.......

A warrior......

Manning....Gets sacked too easy
Brady........Is fragile and would have been killed in the old days
Brees..... ...I like him alot, but I like Ben's fire more.....

Everyone else......Not a chance......

Psycho Ward 86
07-30-2010, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league.......He is clutch.......

A warrior......

Manning....Gets sacked too easy The most Manning has ever been sacked the last 8 years is 21 times....
Brady........Is fragile and would have been killed in the old days He's only had one major injury his entire career. And these arent the old days.
Brees..... ...I like him alot, but I like Ben's fire more..... Drew is as fiery and inspirational to his teammates as they come: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH60ICI6j8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D69eE3HNtU

Everyone else......Not a chance......

You gotta give credit where its due hombre ;)

salamander
07-30-2010, 02:47 PM
You gotta give credit where its due hombre ;)

I have a lot of respect for Peyton Manning for the stat's he's put up. Too bad he doesn't have more rings to go along with those Stats. Tom Brady is just gay. Drew Brees is one of my favorite players not playing on the Steelers, he and Sean Payton are one of the biggest reasons the Saints have accomplished what they have in the past few years.

Psycho Ward 86
07-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Tom Brady is just gay.

ill never disagree with that one :chuckle: