PDA

View Full Version : Move On. Bengals Week

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2011, 09:52 AM
This is not the "same old Bengals" they are on 5 game winning streak and may actually sell 1/2 the tickets to Bengals fans this weekend.

It is important that the Steelers not look passed the Bengals, focus all energy 100% on Destroying the Will of the Rookie QB and putting such a beat down on this team that they fear us in the rematch in a few weeks to the point of peeing their pants at the idea of playing us again.

That is the bottom line.

venom
11-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Another must win for the Steelers . Should they lose , counting the days until Spring Training will start

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Its important that the Steelers beat the teams they Should beat. I see only one possible slip up the rest of the way, and that is against a QB that has sucked eggs for 7 years and is all of a sudden playing well enough to win in the NFC West. Otherwise, the Steelers should be the favorite in every game left on the schedule. Those are the Must Wins.

You make the playoffs by winning the games you Should Win, then you face off against the teams that you may have lost to in the regular season.

The Duke
11-08-2011, 10:22 AM
A much worse bengals team last year almost beat us (on national tv) in our first matchup last year

Can't take this one lightly

But I sure think Dalton will be shellshocked facing a real defense for the first time

GodfatherofSoul
11-08-2011, 10:45 AM
I have no doubt we'll make Dalton look like a hall-of-famer unless we have Woodley back. But, we should hold him out until after the bye.

suitanim
11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah...this game is in Cinci....I hate to say it, but this is actually a tougher test than the Ratbirds. There is a very good chance we could lose this game. They are at home, and they have a very, very good defense. Their offense doesn't scare me at all, but neither did Baltimore's and we were at home last week.

SteelerEmpire
11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
I believe their (Bungles) # 1 in pass D now. But I would still say our passing attack is better than their DB's. That being said, I think the Steelers will still play either the 1st or 2nd half cold keeping them in the game regardless. I just know how this team operates.

Now on to the Bungles ! LINK: http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=89608

I hate the smile on Wines Hard's face.

I hate the big bully persona of Harrison.

I like the toughness of Big Ben (because we're from the same college), but I hate that "doophus" facial expression, as if he just woke up from a hang over.

I hate the fact that the fans there, don't take the Bengals seriously.

I hate them rubbing those damm trophies in our faces.

I hate that the media keeps talkin' about the Ravens and Steelers, and totally ignoring the Bengals, even though we are more than in the mix, for winning the division.

I hate yellow.

I hate the smug look on Tomlin's face.

I hate the fact that they expect to win, and expect that other teams should understand this.

... I could go on, but... I think that's enough evidence of my disdain.

suitanim
11-08-2011, 11:32 AM
They hate us for the same reasons the Browns and their fans do: They are really just blind with envy.

BlastFurnace
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
The Bottom line is that this is a must win.

polamalubeast
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I really disliked the last two game on the road against the Bengals.

In 2009, it was a collapse....Its been one of the worst heartbreaking loss of my life.

Last year, the Steelers have passed very close to having the worst collapses in steelers history.

I say after the game it was the worst wins in steelers history!!!!!

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/4025-The-worst-wins-in-the-steelers-history!

I almost did a heart attack

salamander
11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Every game from this point on is a must win in my eyes.

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I actually get the feeling that the Steelers roll in this one. I just feel a beat down coming for the Bengals.

This could be one of those games where we get like 5 turnovers and a Pick 6 with even a special teams score. I just feel a serious shift coming with this being a "must win" for all 53 guys on the roster in Pittsburgh.

The Duke
11-08-2011, 04:53 PM
I actually get the feeling that the Steelers roll in this one. I just feel a beat down coming for the Bengals.

This could be one of those games where we get like 5 turnovers and a Pick 6 with even a special teams score. I just feel a serious shift coming with this being a "must win" for all 53 guys on the roster in Pittsburgh.

heh, we're due for a game like that!

feeling that same way (yet still fearful last sunday's steelers will show up). Dalton will finally face a real NFL defense. The 49ers only gave him a glimpse early in the year

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I just had a feeling that the Ravens would be up for the game Sunday night, I thought we had it in the bag when they had 92 yards to go with 2 mins left, but at no point did I feel like it was the end of the world if we lost and kind of felt like the Ravens at 5-2 at the time would have been completely blown up had they lost and it was a must win for them on so many levels...

I think the Bengals are about to get abused.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I believe their (Bungles) # 1 in pass D now. But I would still say our passing attack is better than their DB's. That being said, I think the Steelers will still play either the 1st or 2nd half cold keeping them in the game regardless. I just know how this team operates.

Now on to the Bungles ! LINK: http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=89608

That quote pretty much just says "I'm jealous of the Steelers and their success."

CantStop85
11-08-2011, 06:05 PM
A lot of confidence-boosting going on in this thread. :wink02:

I'm not going to get into who the Bengals have played or how well they are going to play with a rookie QB. All I know is that both teams are well-positioned to be in the thick of the playoff race. The Steelers should likely be favored, but anything can happen when you're dealing with professionals. I'm personally pumped for the game...win or lose, I never imagined that the Bengals would be contending this early.

My main hopes are that Gresham, Pacman and Maualuga will be available for the game. They've been sorely missed the past couple of weeks. Otherwise, I can't wait. This has been my favorite Bengals team to watch in several years. The exodus of apathetic players was sorely needed.

O'Malley
11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Take care of the ball on offense and take it away on defense... Same formula for every game... Execution is a big one as well... Rookie Qb time to bring the heat...

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
if we get 3+ turnovers and a win, ill be happy regardless of everything else. I just want to know that this team can create turnovers. Through 9 games, this team has created less turnovers than any other in NFL history. That is remarkable when you look at the high ranked defense we have, and the record we possess, but we arent going to be able to keep it up if we dont create turnovers soon.

steel striker
11-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree every game is now a must win and, don't look past any team. Steelers should be pretty mad after the loss @ home to the rats. I guess were going to see how good these bungals are.

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Such a cliche and abused term..."must win"....

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2011, 08:59 PM
if we get 3+ turnovers and a win, ill be happy regardless of everything else. I just want to know that this team can create turnovers. Through 9 games, this team has created less turnovers than any other in NFL history. That is remarkable when you look at the high ranked defense we have, and the record we possess, but we arent going to be able to keep it up if we dont create turnovers soon.

I really believe that the lack of turnovers is a direct result of not being allowed to hit the offensive players like we're accustomed to doing. We've never gotten a lot of interceptions so the turnovers mostly come from fumbles which come from hard hits. The players now have to be concerned with getting a personal foul when they hit the offensive player and I just don't think that they're hitting the way that they used to, outside of Clark and Harrison.

O'Malley
11-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I really believe that the lack of turnovers is a direct result of not being allowed to hit the offensive players like we're accustomed to doing. We've never gotten a lot of interceptions so the turnovers mostly come from fumbles which come from hard hits. The players now have to be concerned with getting a personal foul when they hit the offensive player and I just don't think that they're hitting the way that they used to, outside of Clark and Harrison.

This^X2

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2011, 11:51 PM

from 2000-2010, we've been in the top 10 in interceptions made 5 times so i beg to differ. We're traditionally a highly efficient turnover machine in all regards and facets. Somewhere along the line, we're going to get into a nightmarish game where the offense stops firing on all cylinders, and we start turning the ball over multiple times. The defense can only bail us out for so long, especially if they have to rely on 3rd down stops sans turnovers to do the job.

The new offensively-beneficial rules arent an excuse. Other teams are getting interceptions, why cant we? Our 2 interceptions this year are off of floating duck tipped-passes for crying out loud. What few turnovers we've created this year have ALL been derived from our front 7 (Woodley's pick off a Keisel tip, Clark's pick off another tip, and both forced fumbles that were recovered caused by James Harrison sacks). That worries me, even though our pass defense is highly commendable statistically.

There's a first time for everything, but you guys dont seriously think we can keep this up for long, especially if we want to make a decent playoff run?

fansince'76
11-09-2011, 12:18 AM
from 2000-2010, we've been in the top 10 in interceptions made 5 times so i beg to differ. We're traditionally a highly efficient turnover machine in all regards and facets. Somewhere along the line, we're going to get into a nightmarish game where the offense stops firing on all cylinders, and we start turning the ball over multiple times. The defense can only bail us out for so long, especially if they have to rely on 3rd down stops sans turnovers to do the job.

The new offensively-beneficial rules arent an excuse. Other teams are getting interceptions, why cant we? Our 2 interceptions this year are off of floating duck tipped-passes for crying out loud. What few turnovers we've created this year have ALL been derived from our front 7 (Woodley's pick off a Keisel tip, Clark's pick off another tip, and both forced fumbles that were recovered caused by James Harrison sacks). That worries me, even though our pass defense is highly commendable statistically.

There's a first time for everything, but you guys dont seriously think we can keep this up for long, especially if we want to make a decent playoff run?

We've been SO close to so many more, though. Troy has very uncharacteristically dropped 3 potential INTs that I can think of alone. I'd like to think that at some point, the dam's going to break and we'll start getting them in bunches.

suitanim
11-09-2011, 05:25 AM
Yeah, the ball was rolling around on the ground and flying around in the air a lot the last few weeks, and it just seems like the ball isn't (literally) bouncing our way.

Dino 6 Rings
11-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Yeah, the ball was rolling around on the ground and flying around in the air a lot the last few weeks, and it just seems like the ball isn't (literally) bouncing our way.

Right, like the one that bounced off Foote's hand and goes to the ground or the one that bounces off Rice's hands and Troy is about 1 step away from a pick 6. Its just so close. Its all going to "hit" in the same game, we are do for a 5+ Turnover game here soon. Its all gonna happen in a huge nuclear bomb.

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2011, 10:11 AM

OK, I went back and looked at the stats for each year since 2000. You're right, half of the time we're in the top 10 for INTs but the other half we fall way off. What's really weird for me is that it's a consistent every other year happening. We have a very good year and then we have a bad year. Last year was very good and this year once again we're terrible. This shouldn't happen to a defense that's as good as ours.

zulater
11-11-2011, 06:58 AM
We're screwed, for the second consecutive week, Greeney from the Mike and Mike show, picked us for his "Stone cold lead pipe locks." Anyone familiar with the show knows that Greeney picking you for anything is the automatic kiss of death. I don't think the Steelers have ever lost when he's picked against us.

Oh well, get healthy at the bye and run the table I guess? :noidea:

:wink02:

Seriously though I wished he had picked against us, he's nearly always wrong.:frusty:

X-Terminator
11-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Such a cliche and abused term..."must win"....

Well, what else would you call it? The Steelers have to win this game, or their road to the playoffs gets that much more difficult, if not impossible. Yeah, they can lose 2 more games and finish 11-5, but that likely will not be enough to get them in, especially considering both their division and conference records. If they are to lose a game or two, I'd much rather it be to an NFC team than an AFC team, but fact is every game from here on in is important. Plus, the AFC West winner could very well be a .500 team, which means a pretty good team with double-digit wins will be watching the playoffs this season. The Steelers need to do all the can to make sure they are not that team.

zulater
11-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Well, what else would you call it? The Steelers have to win this game, or their road to the playoffs gets that much more difficult, if not impossible. Yeah, they can lose 2 more games and finish 11-5, but that likely will not be enough to get them in, especially considering both their division and conference records. If they are to lose a game or two, I'd much rather it be to an NFC team than an AFC team, but fact is every game from here on in is important. Plus, the AFC West winner could very well be a .500 team, which means a pretty good team with double-digit wins will be watching the playoffs this season. The Steelers need to do all the can to make sure they are not that team.

I disagree. First off throw out the West, and South. No wildcard team is coming from either of those divisions.

So if we concede the North to the Ravens ( though I'm really not) that means you get two wild card teams from the East and the North.

In the east you have the Bills 5-3, Jets 5-3, Patriots 5-3 all at 5-3, obviously one has to win the division which leaves two to fight it out for a wild card berth. I'm going to tell you right now looking at the Bills remaining schedule they aren't winning that division and they absolutely wont win more than 10 games.

So in my opinion that leaves two wild card berths for 3 teams.,( again East winner is a throw out for this conversation) those teams being the Bengals, Steelers, and Jets- Patriots division loser.

We should all become Jets fans this week and hope for them to win the AFC east. Because if they do that gives us the 2 way tiebreaker advantage over the Patriots. ( head to head play). So if we're both 11-5 we get the edge. as inconsistent as both the Jets and Patriots have been it's hard to imagine them both winning 12 or more games.

Also looking at the Bengals remaining schedule, as long as we get no worse than a split with them it's hard to imagine them winning more than 11 games.

I honestly don't think the Steelers will miss the playoffs with 11 wins. Since the league has adopted the two wildcard system there's only been one team to miss the playoffs with 11 wins. ( 2008 Patriots)

zulater
11-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Anyone know what broadcast crew we have today?

zulater
11-13-2011, 09:29 AM
I predict this game will come down to turnovers. If the Steelers are on the plus side of the ledger they'll win. If they come out even the game will come down to the final possession, no telling who will win? If they lose the turnover battle they'll lose the game.

steelerdude15
11-13-2011, 09:45 AM
I have barely thought about this game because I still can't get over the last one. It was too painful to let go. A win would be nice today, but I don't think it could take away the pain.

SteelerFan091472
11-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Anyone know what broadcast crew we have today?

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts.

tube517
11-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts.

Eagle is annoying. Fouts is ok

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

tube517
11-13-2011, 12:21 PM
I predict this game will come down to turnovers. If the Steelers are on the plus side of the ledger they'll win. If they come out even the game will come down to the final possession, no telling who will win? If they lose the turnover battle they'll lose the game.

Steelers must outscore the bungles

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

zulater
11-13-2011, 05:41 PM

I think I nailed it. ::thumbsup:

tube517
11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I think I nailed it. ::thumbsup:

Me too (see above) :chuckle: