PDA

View Full Version : WILD CARD RACE

polamalubeast
11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
It would be a thread for the rest of the season.

Right now

Division leader

AFC NORTH:Ravens(6-2)
AFC EAST:Jets/Pats/Bills(5-3)
AFC SOUTH:Texans(6-3)
AFC WEST:Chargers/Raiders/Chiefs(4-4)

Wild Card

Bengals(6-2)

rest of their schedule(steelers,@ Baltimore,CLE,@ PIT,HOU,@ STL,ARI,BAL

Steelers(6-3)

rest of their schedule(@ CIN,bye,@ KC,CIN,CLE,@ SF,STL,@ CLE

Jets

rest of their schedule(NE,@ DEN,BUF,@ WAS,KC,@ PHI,NYG,@ MIA

Bills

rest of their schedule(@ DAL,@MIA,@ NYJ, TEN,@ SD, MIA,DEN,@ NE

Pats

rest of their schedule(@ NYJ,KC,@ PHI,INDY,@WASH,@DEN,MIA,BUF

polamalubeast
11-07-2011, 02:26 PM
For the week 10, the game PIT @ CIN and NE @ NYJ will be huge

If the Steelers win their two game against the Bengals, they will be in very good position.

suitanim
11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Why are the Ravens at 6-2 in first place over the 6-2 Bengals?

Carolina Steelers
11-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I agree I think we could still win 11 or 12 games this yr if they play up to the standard!!! I fully expect us to be playing into the 2nd week of Jan.

polamalubeast
11-07-2011, 02:32 PM

The Steelers have the best chance to finish ahead of the Bengals!

tihmtahm
11-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Because the Ravens have won 2 division games and the Bengals have won 1. The tie-breaker goes to the Ravens.

fansince'76

Division record(?) The Ravens are currently 2-0 in the AFCN and the Bengals are 1-0.

Carolina Steelers

I believe conference record Bengals would get 1st rd bye

Bengals 5-1
Ravens 4-2

86WARD
11-07-2011, 02:36 PM
^beat me to it...

suitanim
11-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Through the first 9 weeks, I've been more impressed with the Bengals than the Ratfilth. I'd say the Bungs have the upper hand if it comes down to those two...

Carolina Steelers
11-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Bengals and Texans would get a bye if season ended today

WildCards
Steelers vs Pats
Ravens vs Chargers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c2d42c/article/playoff-picture-2011

Craic
11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm still not ready to concede the division yet.

If we can win from here on out (an in all honesty, we should be able to, if we can just make it to the bye week without any more injury, does ANYONE think the Ravens are going to so the same thing? I wouldn't be surprised if they lost next week against Seattle. It's a trap game after the big win against us. Then they are playing the Bengals twice and San Fran once, and the chargers once. Despite what we want to think, none of those are easy games (except for Seattle).

polamalubeast
11-07-2011, 02:42 PM
For the Steelers, it's not important if the Ravens or the Bengals he has the advantage of the tiebreaker....The Bengals and the Ravens have not faced yet.

But one thing is certain is that the Steelers have the best chance to finish before the Bengals and that's what is important for the Steelers right now.

The Duke
11-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm still not ready to concede the division yet.

If we can win from here on out (an in all honesty, we should be able to, if we can just make it to the bye week without any more injury, does ANYONE think the Ravens are going to so the same thing? I wouldn't be surprised if they lost next week against Seattle. It's a trap game after the big win against us. Then they are playing the Bengals twice and San Fran once, and the chargers once. Despite what we want to think, none of those are easy games (except for Seattle).

same here, the division is still up for grabs until december, where we usually play our best

can't really see a rookie QB doing much when the pressure of the race for the division gets tight. Or Flacco for that matter

I doubt they lose to the seahawks though. They're still using tarvaris jackson....

But one thing is certain is that the Steelers have the best chance to finish before the Bengals and that's what is important for the Steelers right now.

eff that! What's important is to keep winning. Flacco and Dalton will implode sooner or later

XxKnightxX
11-07-2011, 06:44 PM
What scares me is who has been talking about the Bengals and their defense? I think Steeler fans and maybe players have exhausted so much time into this rivalry , that the Bengals are slipping right through the back door of the civision. Things are gonna get rough from here on out if we cannot FINISH games.

Godfather
11-07-2011, 10:55 PM
If Dallas had a coach with a brain, the Pats* would be 4-4.

polamalubeast
11-07-2011, 11:06 PM
If Dallas had a coach with a brain, the Pats* and jets would be 4-4.

fixe

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2011, 04:45 PM

they're not, polamalubeast just made a false assumption.

Because the Ravens have won 2 division games and the Bengals have won 1. The tie-breaker goes to the Ravens.

False, the Bengals are currently in the undisputed 1st place AFC North lead. Ravens have one one more conference game than the Bengals yes, but the Bengals have a superior conference record and that puts them on top. Unbelievable yes, but that's how this works. No way do they hang onto that lead though. Im not buying into the Bengals into being quite that good.

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I think the Steelers still win the AFC North because the Ravens already dumped their Super Bowl victory Gatorade over their head coaches skull and the Bengals haven't played any one worth a crap yet.

So once we go in the Cincy and stomp them into oblivion and then start our tear through the Games we Should win, we will be in a great position to be sitting with either Home Field advantage or at least a 1st round bye at 13-3. Yep. That's how I feel it will be.

fansince'76
11-08-2011, 05:45 PM
I think the Steelers still win the AFC North because the Ravens already dumped their Super Bowl victory Gatorade over their head coaches skull...

Ravens game in Seattle this Sunday: definition of a TRAP game.

Count Steeler
11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Ravens game in Seattle this Sunday: definition of a TRAP game.

Ravens have looked like shit against every other team they played. For some reason they decide to show up for the Steelers. That was damn frustrating to see Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana with the 2 minute drill. How did we change from being so aggressive on the series just before the final one to allowing Flaccoff to sit back there and read a newspaper and decide to throw the ball when he was good and ready. Inside stunts were not working. Should have brought pressure from the corners. Oh well, maybe we will beat them in the playoffs.

polamalubeast
11-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Right now

5.Steelers:7-3
6.Bengals:6-3
7.Jets or Patriots/bills,titans:5-4

Psycho Ward 86
11-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Ravens have looked like shit against every other team they played. For some reason they decide to show up for the Steelers.

LOL i would too if i were them.

Craic
11-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Right now

5.Steelers:7-3
6.Bengals:6-3
7.Jets or Patriots/bills,titans:5-4

Nope. NOW...

2. Steelers
5. Ravens
6. Bengals

Isn't it funny that the Ravens beat us twice, and we are STILL ahead of them in the standings? Of course, we need for the Ravens to lose one more game, since we have an extra win with the bye week coming. But still, let's call it like it is! We are in first place right now. How sad for a team to get up for a two games against their rival and not be able to close the door on them.

polamalubeast
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
The Steelers still need to a loss the Ravens to have the control of their destiny for the afc north

polamalubeast
11-21-2011, 08:49 AM
now

1.Ravens(7-3)
2.Texans(7-3)
3.Patriots(6-3...and 7-3 with a win vs chiefs tonight)
4.Raiders(6-4)

5.Steelers(7-3)
6.Bengals(6-4)

Jets/Titans/bills/Broncos(5-5)

zulater
11-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Looking at the remaining schedule I think it's quite likely that 3 teams will make the playoffs out of the AFC North.

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Looking at the remaining schedule I think it's quite likely that 3 teams will make the playoffs out of the AFC North.

That Baltimore at Cincy game at the end of the year is very interesting to peak ahead to.

Edman
11-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Pittsburgh first and foremost just needs to take care of their business to get to start talking postseason.

JayC
11-21-2011, 03:08 PM
would take a huge failure to not get into the playoffs. no way we should lose more than 2 of the next 6

polamalubeast
11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Do we have a playoff game in between the steelers and raiders?

It was an incredible rivalry in the 1970s

suitanim
11-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I hate to say it, but homefield is more important than normal for this Steelers team. There will be no repeat of 2005 if we have to play more than even one playoff game on the road. It's imperative that the ratfilth lose their fair share of games and further demonstrate their complete mediocrity when NOT playing the Steelers so we can clinch the division AND homefield throughout...

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I hate both Harbough Brothers so I hope the Ravens/49ers game ends in a tie. That would hilarious. We win out and win the the Division over the Ravens by 1/2 a game. Then the Ravens would have to go to Oakland or New England or Houston for the first round game.

polamalubeast
11-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Steelers can win on the road in the playoffs

https://www.msu.edu/~pongsree/some%20cliparts/Steelers/white.JPG

suitanim
11-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Steelers can win on the road in the playoffs

https://www.msu.edu/~pongsree/some%20cliparts/Steelers/white.JPG

Sure they can. Will they?

I really don't want to find out...

fansince'76
11-21-2011, 04:04 PM
I hate to say it, but homefield is more important than normal for this Steelers team. There will be no repeat of 2005 if we have to play more than even one playoff game on the road.

Unless Hines announces that he's calling it a career at the end of the season, regardless of the outcome. Kind of someone to rally around and play that much harder for, like they did for Bettis back in '05.

Godfather
11-23-2011, 08:22 AM
I hate both Harbough Brothers so I hope the Ravens/49ers game ends in a tie. That would hilarious. We win out and win the the Division over the Ravens by 1/2 a game. Then the Ravens would have to go to Oakland or New England or Houston for the first round game.

I'd kind of like to pimp-slap the Ratbirds in their own house in the AFCCG.

fansince'76
11-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Latest Accuscore playoff predictions (AFC), FWIW:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Accuscore-Week11.jpg

http://accuscore.com/analysis/nfl-betting-analysis/2011-nfl-playoff-shifts-week-10

I find it interesting that they figure the Ravens have a lower probability of making the playoffs than the Steelers, and also a lower probability of winning the division, even after beating Cincy this past Sunday and taking a 1/2 game lead again.

polamalubeast
11-24-2011, 10:54 PM
He has a good chance that the Steelers are on the road in playoff for the first time since 2005.

The Ravens are really very impressive and they have control of their destiny for the AFC NORTH, that the steelers are not at the moment.

But, even if it's on the road, I believe in the steelers!

fansince'76
11-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Gotta keep winning and hope the Ravens trip up.

steelerdude15
11-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Gotta keep winning and hope the Ravens trip up.
I think they do somewhere along the line.

zulater
11-24-2011, 11:06 PM
He has a good chance that the Steelers are on the road in playoff for the first time since 2005.

The Ravens are really very impressive and they have control of their destiny for the AFC NORTH, that the steelers are not at the moment.

But, even if it's on the road, I believe in the steelers!

The 49ers were overrated. The Ravens will lose at least one more. Probably to either the Chargers or the Bengals , both games on the road. Remember this is the same Raven team that gave up nearly 500 yards of offense to the Bengals just 4 days ago, and only won due to some generous officiating..

steelerdude15
11-24-2011, 11:10 PM
The 49ers were overrated. The Ravens will lose at least one more. Probably to either the Chargers or the Bengals , both games on the road. Remember this is the same Raven team that gave up nearly 500 yards of offense to the Bengals just 4 days ago, and only won due to some generous officiating..
I could see them losing to one of these teams, especially the Chargers.

polamalubeast
11-24-2011, 11:10 PM
If the Steelers do not win the division is not the end of the world.

I will be confident, even if it's on the road.

steelerdude15
11-24-2011, 11:12 PM
If the Steelers do not win the division is not the end of the world.

I will be confident, even if it's on the road.
Winning the division would surely help, but you can never count us out. We always have the chance of having a deep playoff run.

polamalubeast
11-24-2011, 11:13 PM

The chargers are too soft to win against the Ravens.The Bengals have a better chance.

And I not think than the ravens will lose against a bad team for the 3rd time on the season(Browns)!

polamalubeast
11-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Winning the division would surely help, but you can never count us out. We always have the chance of having a deep playoff run.

Is no doubt that I want the steelers win the division, but the Steelers have no control right now.

suitanim
11-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Ravens are:
At Browns
Home for Colts
At Chargers
Home for Browns
At Bengals

They will for sure lose at Cinci. That knocks them down to 4 losses. I could, believe it or not, see them losing in Cleveland. The Browns still hate them for stealing their old team, the fans will be rowdy, and Cleveland plays very good defense. The Colts can't beat them, but the Chargers could (even though they are imploding)...we will need help from the Browns or Chargers to get them to 11-5. That, or we need to win out...

polamalubeast
12-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I think the Steelers will finish the season with a record of 12-4 and their loss will be against the 49ers.His may be 11-5 if they rest their starters against the Browns in week 17.

And I think the Ravens will finish a 13-3. The only team I think he can beat the Ravens, it's the Bengals in the week 17. I do not think the Ravens will lose another game against a bad team.

So if that's what happens, the Steelers will be on the road in playoffs, but the Steelers can win on the road in the playoffs.

GBMelBlount
12-03-2011, 11:15 AM
The Ravens statistically have the easiest remaining schedule of any team in the nfl.

This game against Cincy is HUGE for us...and I hope the Steelers approach it that way....

The Duke
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Eff it, run the table! I see no reason we should lose to any of the remaining teams. 49ers were exposed by the ravens, and the rams are useless. Browns are browns

Beat the bengals and there's nothing we can't do. If the ravens also end up 13-3 so be it, there's no reason we can't beat them either

polamalubeast
12-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I do not think that the the 49ers o-line is bad as it was against the Ravens. I do not think the Steelers will win the division, but I think the Steelers will be very good in the playoffs!

And yes, the game against the Bengals will be very huge.

Moose
12-03-2011, 01:16 PM
1 game at a time ! There is NO game on our schedule that is a 'gimmee' with this team, since we play that conservative crap. We get any kind of lead and then slow it down, letting the opponents back in the game, then screw up somewhere and let them win it. Example, the second Balt. game, and almost the first bunghole game. If we played every game as a 'must win' we could very well be sitting with only 1 loss...the 1st Balt. ass kickin'. There is alot of schedule left so really there's no need to start figuring on what team is going to be where. This Sunday's game with the bungholes is really going to show how our team is standing and what kind of play-off caliber they are. Just 'squeeking' out a win is going to be no good....at home, with our talent, our experience, against their young, secondary injuries, I think we should come out beating them by 2 or 3 TD's. Show no mercy, play no conservative crap ! Come out kickin' ass and keep going. Every game needs to be played hard. Quit letting those bungholes think they can play with the best that is being talked about. Show the rookie QB that he's just that. Just my opinion.... GO STEELER's.

polamalubeast
12-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I do not expect a blowout tomorrow.It's never easy against the Bengals, even when he was a 4-12 team.

Otherwise, the Steelers were 6-1 last 7 games and the Steelers could be 7-0 if it was not the heartbreaking loss against the Ravens.

Count Steeler
12-03-2011, 03:59 PM
NO excuse of the bye week for this week. Woodley may even be back on D. We are at home. This is a "must" win for any hopes of a first seed.

We better look sharp this week. I am sick of hearing excuses.

polamalubeast
12-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Steelers vs Tebow in playoffs...maybe!