PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Two Cities

GBMelBlount
11-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I have spent a good bit of time reading the post game threads analyzing the numerous reasons we lost.

Could it possibly all just boil down to the fact that they simply wanted it more?

XxKnightxX
11-07-2011, 08:54 AM
I have spent a good bit of time reading the post game threads analyzing the numerous reasons we lost.

Could it possibly all just boil down to the fact that they simply wanted it more?

Yeah man, I think our team has gotten too confident with the psychological edge factor. And Ill give credit where credit is due. They beat us fair and square. Steelers fucked up. Like Marty SchottenHeimer says "Its the little things that count in big games" apparently we couldnt do the little things and got burnt by them.

Im over it, time to go into the Bengals, a loss like this can burn you for the season and the best thing to do is just forget about it. Congrats to the Ravens and well see what happens to see if theres a 3rd round in the playoffs. Im not gonna be like other people and bash them and saying we gave them the game. You dont want to sound like John Harbaugh now and look like a bunch of sore fucking losers.

zulater
11-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I'd attribute it more to the law of averages. Over the years we've won a lot of these kind of games against that team because of a fortunate bounce, a call, etc... This time it just went against us. If we played this team the next 6 weeks I'd wager anyone anything that we'd win 4 of them.

suitanim
11-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I didn't get the impression at all that the Steelers weren't playing their guts out. I did in the first game, but not last night...

tube517
11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
I agree w/Zu. Like it or not, this is a rivalry and you win some and lose some. Can't win every single time. I'm not going to lose hope. They weren't out of the game last night (unlike that first game). Ravens swept us in 2006 so it's bound to happen every so often.

Now, I hope they don't crap the rest of the schedule (i.e. 2009)

GBMelBlount
11-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm over it, time to go into the Bengals, a loss like this can burn you for the season and the best thing to do is just forget about it.

"just forget about it?" Really?

Is it possible the reason they have kicked our asses twice this year is because they NEVER forgot about it.

Personally I hope we NEVER forget about it and I hope and pray our anger, intensity and will to win matches theirs the next time we play....

The first two games it DIDN'T and I do believe collectively they "wanted it" it more than we did.

Again, just my opinion...

SteelGhost
11-07-2011, 07:01 PM
"just forget about it?" Really?

Is it possible the reason they have kicked our asses twice this year is because they NEVER forgot about it.

Personally I hope we NEVER forget about it and I hope and pray our anger, intensity and will to win matches theirs the next time we play....

The first two games it DIDN'T and I do believe collectively they "wanted it" it more than we did.

Again, just my opinion...

QFT