PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 complaint department is open.

zulater
11-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Defer the opening kick off after 4 straight weeks of scoring a touchdown on the opening drive!? Really Mike? Really??? :frusty:

43Hitman
11-07-2011, 07:41 AM
That bubble screen still chaps my ass. That play needs to be destroyed and never spoken of again. Ever.

zulater
11-07-2011, 07:44 AM
That bubble screen still chaps my ass. That play needs to be destroyed and never spoken of again. Ever.

It's actually been working as often as not. But we have got too dependent on it and it was only a matter of time before someone gambled and jumped the route.

suitanim
11-07-2011, 07:59 AM
THAT bubble screen should have been a pump fake and go...it would have been 6. You run that to suck them up and get them to jump it...clearly that's what they did. Ben is the master of the pump fake (even Collinsworth acknowledged that, and if HE praises a Steeler....), and it is SOOOO ripe of a play...they have to run it next week against an aggressive Bungle D. Run a bubble or two, get them cheating up, let them overcommit, fake it, and let Brown or Wallace take off on a fly pattern...

zulater
11-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Obviously it pisses me off no end that the refs missed the helmet to helmet hit by Lewis on Hines but didn't waste any time flagging Clark at a critical time later. That said Clark has been fined multiple times this season, consecutive weeks in fact. How much you want to bet that he's going to be the league's first suspension over this?

suitanim
11-07-2011, 08:31 AM
There were TWO helmet-to-helmet hits committed by the Rats, not called. My take is that none should be called, because it's simply football being played like it should be, so I have no problem with theirs. I have a HUGE fucking problem with Clark's being called. I was taught my whole life in football to time that hit up and knock out the ball JUST AS HE DID. It was textbook. And then fucking Goodell ruined the game...

steelerdude15
11-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Our defense needs to stop letting people get third down conversions and we still are struggling in the redzone, so damn annoying.

BlastFurnace
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
My complaint is our supposed great defense...not to mention, the most overrated player on the entire defense....Lawrence "Milk Carton Man" Timmons. Last night, Big Lawrence stepped up with 1 tackle and 3 assists. Yet, Larry Foote, who few fans like, doubled Big Lawrence's production. I don't care what kind of stats you come up with Lawrence, he rarely makes a difference in any game.

Give the defense a double digit lead, and you know that Dick's defense will go into prevent and allow the team right back into the game. No matter the circumstance of the game, you know that the defense, more times than not, will allow the team right back into the game.

zulater
11-07-2011, 09:26 AM
My complaint is our supposed great defense...not to mention, the most overrated player on the entire defense....Lawrence "Milk Carton Man" Timmons. Last night, Big Lawrence stepped up with 1 tackle and 3 assists. Yet, Larry Foote, who few fans like, doubled Big Lawrence's production. I don't care what kind of stats you come up with Lawrence, he rarely makes a difference in any game.

Give the defense a double digit lead, and you know that Dick's defense will go into prevent and allow the team right back into the game. No matter the circumstance of the game, you know that the defense, more times than not, will allow the team right back into the game.

Foote's really played well the past two games. Hate to say it, but he's been better than Farrior.

BlastFurnace
11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Foote's really played well the past two games. Hate to say it, but he's been better than Farrior.

He's been better than Timmons too. No matter where Timmons lines up, he's invisible.

zulater
11-07-2011, 09:43 AM
The standards for replay reversal has to be overhauled! How can you take the catch away from Ward, but disallow Tomlin's challenge later in the game on pretty much the same sort of situation?

pepsyman1
11-07-2011, 10:10 AM

No argument from me on either case. Timmons has been totally invisible for weeks. I think Foote has played incredibly well. Last night he seemed to be right in the mix on almost every play that happened in front of the secondary.

As for Lebeau....where the f*^k was the heavy press front we used against the Patriots ALMOST THE WHOLE GAME last night on the last possession?

pepsyman1
11-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Oh and if I NEVER see that stupid bubble screen pass again I would have no complaint.

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I believe trying the field goal was the better choice either make it or not woulded allowed ben to make a come back

NJarhead
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM

I hear you. I love Farrior, but Foote's just got more speed and quickness and he's every bit as smart and sure tackler.

The Ravens did not impress me. I'd hate to say it, but I think our scheme (defensive) failed last night. Flacco supposedly struggles against cover 2, well that didn't seem like the case last night and after last week, I'm questioning whether or not we should be playing more man cov.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 10:51 AM
The defense should not allow a mediocre QB to go 92 yards, period.

There were tons of other plays made before that point, but fact of the matter is that if we can just stop the MEDIOCRE qb from going 92 YARDS, we win....

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 11:14 AM
There were TWO helmet-to-helmet hits committed by the Rats, not called. My take is that none should be called, because it's simply football being played like it should be, so I have no problem with theirs. I have a HUGE fucking problem with Clark's being called.

That's where I'm at as well. I even said at the time in the game thread that if Lewis got fined it would be BS. But if they're gonna call it one way, they better call it both ways. And that's the biggest problem with these new "safety" rules - they're never uniformly applied. If Lewis gets fined after the fact, it really doesn't do shit for us - I'd have rather had the yards and the first down.

NJarhead
11-07-2011, 11:19 AM
That's where I'm at as well. I even said at the time in the game thread that if Lewis got fined it would be BS. But if they're gonna call it one way, they better call it both ways. And that's the biggest problem with these new "safety" rules - they're never uniformly applied. If Lewis gets fined after the fact, it really doesn't do shit for us - I'd have rather had the yards and the first down.

And that goes for overturning catches as well. To overturn Hines' catch when the ball was dislodged from his chest by a player diving across him while he's in his back, but not overturn a "catch" where the ball was CLEARLY on the ground and CLEARLY not under control by the reciever is BS.

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
There were TWO helmet-to-helmet hits committed by the Rats, not called. My take is that none should be called, because it's simply football being played like it should be, so I have no problem with theirs. I have a HUGE fucking problem with Clark's being called. I was taught my whole life in football to time that hit up and knock out the ball JUST AS HE DID. It was textbook. And then fucking Goodell ruined the game...

I agree, it was a great play.. If their going to call this a penalty it should go both ways... I have seen a lot of rat games this year and their still allowed to hit like this... I don't get it... I agree that this is just football, and Goodell is killing the sport. It really sucks when it gets called one way as well.

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 12:08 PM
And that goes for overturning catches as well. To overturn Hines' catch when the ball was dislodged from his chest by a player diving across him while he's in his back, but not overturn a "catch" where the ball was CLEARLY on the ground and CLEARLY not under control by the reciever is BS.

The ball should not be able to touch the ground at all... I noticed last night the calls didn't go our way and neither did the challenges... It was not our night..

Merchant
11-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I absolutely cannot believe that with 16 seconds left (shortly after Torrey Smith dropped a would-be Touchdown after getting behind Ike) that Ryan Clark did not help Gay over the top when he was covering Torrey Smith. Clark seemed to be in position then hesitated as if he was expecting a short pass to another receiver. Troy's reaction said it all. HOWWW do you not defend the endzone as a safety with SIXTEEN GODDAMN SECONDS left.

I still feel sick this morning.

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Yers they are.. If your wearing a Steelers uniform it will be applied....

I agree it would have been first and goal... The Ravens got a few questionable calls that gave them the ball on the one though...

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Red Zone Offense Sucks Ass
Prevent Defense Sucks Ass
Penalties Suck Ass

Still a good enough team to win it all, just got to win the Games we should win, 2 against Bengals, 2 against Browns, Rams, Cheifs, that'll get us to the dance.

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I absolutely cannot believe that with 16 seconds left (shortly after Torrey Smith dropped a would-be Touchdown after getting behind Ike) that Ryan Clark did not help Gay over the top when he was covering Torrey Smith. Clark seemed to be in position then hesitated as if he was expecting a short pass to another receiver. Troy's reaction said it all. HOWWW do you not defend the endzone as a safety with SIXTEEN GODDAMN SECONDS left.

Ditto. Best summary of the night I've seen so far.

86WARD
11-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Consistency in the officiating. Find a defense that can get off the field on 3rd downs.

Deferring the kickoff...not a big deal...lol. Throwing a dopey INT on a "bubble screen" on the opening drive of the 2nd half...big deal! The execution on that play is awful more times than not.

86WARD
11-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Clark's assignment had him covering the slot too. That's where the hesitation came from. But you are right. Clark should've never been in that situation. It should've been Smith whole time.

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Consistency in the officiating. Find a defense that can get off the field on 3rd downs.

Deferring the kickoff...not a big deal...lol. Throwing a dopey INT on a "bubble screen" on the opening drive of the 2nd half...big deal! The execution on that play is awful more times than not.

Personally I think a big part of our success the previous week against the Patriots was taking the opening kick ( after the Patriots defered) and marching down the field on a lengthy drive and scoring a touchdown. The Patriots were forced to play from behind all night and the Steelers used that possession to set the tone as far as controlling the clock.

While the Ravens didn't manage a touchdown on that opening drive, they established enough of an offensive presence to put us in the role of chaser for most of the game.

I wish we would have taken the kick.

86WARD
11-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I wish they would've just scored 7 on that first drive of the second half...

Tough loss...tough...

st33lersguy
11-07-2011, 02:14 PM
The entire defense, especially the pass defense. Of course it all comes to the senile old fart that continues to use the same defense that is failing miserably. The same defense that was used in every blown 4th quarter lead in '09 the same tactic used against Brees, Brady, and Rodgers last year was used tonight. To make matters worse he found a defense that shut down Brady. Of course how the players can show absolutely no effort and allow Joe Flacco to drive 92 yards for a game-winning TD in crunch time, although I shouldn't be surprised since this same defense allowed Curtis Painter to drive 80 yards for a game-tying TD in crunch tim, or the same defense that allowed a nobody Cardinals receiver to go 73 yards for a TD.

SteelGhost
11-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Third down...defense ? OH MY....
Officiating SUCKED (for both sides)

Devilsdancefloor
11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
He's been better than Timmons too. No matter where Timmons lines up, he's invisible.

i have to disagree about timmons we should have left him at ILB last night and let worilds play his position. it is timmons weakness to line up as a OLB it is painfully obvious. After a great game played last week on D this is the best we can come up with? im just so frustrated over the whole thing. i understand we have injuries, but let worilds and carter play outside. Play to our players Strengths instead of their weaknesses that goes on both sides of the ball, but for sure n the D.