PDA

View Full Version : It may have ended badly, but Jeff Reed was always dependable.

BlastFurnace
11-06-2011, 11:41 PM
If the Steelers don't trust Suisham to make a 47 yard FG, it's time to move on from him.

SteelerEmpire
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
If the Steelers don't trust Suisham to make a 47 yard FG, it's time to move on from him.

Yea. Suisham finally cost us a game... as I predicted.

steelerdude15
11-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Yea. Suisham finally cost us a game... as I predicted.
:huh: May I ask how he cost the game? It's not like he had to kick the winning field goal or anything like that, he did his job. Did you not watch our defense and how bad they were on third down and on that final drive?

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Starks said they wanted to kick it, but the clock wasn't reset properly, thus the delay of game which forced their hand.

fansince'76
No, he wasn't ALWAYS dependable, which is why he's not only no longer on the Steelers' roster, he's not on ANY NFL roster, period.

Time to let Skippy go, folks.

The FO did mess up in not going after Akers in the offseason, though.

SteelerEmpire
:huh: May I ask how he cost the game? It's not like he had to kick the winning field goal or anything like that, he did his job. Did you not watch our defense and how bad they were on third down and on that final drive?

We're referring to the FG we could have tried from the 47 instead of punt (because Tomlin feels Suis can't hit it). Even if the Ravens score a TD IF Suisham makes it, we go into overtime which keeps us in the game.

steelerdude15
11-06-2011, 11:54 PM
We're referring to the FG we could have tried from the 47 instead of punt (because Tomlin feels Suis can't hit it). Even if the Ravens score a TD IF Suisham makes it, we go into overtime which keeps us in the game.

Yes, but since we never went for it, we'll never know if he would have made it. Chances are he wouldn't have, but there will be that possibility he could have.

SteelerEmpire
11-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes, but since we never went for it, we'll never know if he would have made it. Chances are he wouldn't have, but there will be that possibility he could have.

But oh yea. I also predict there will be a direct missed FG from a reasonable distance that will also cost us a game... I honestly feel it'll happen more than once...

Edman
11-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Jeff Reed last year was actually WORSE than Suisham. If Reed was so dependable he'd still be here.

That said, the Steelers need a new kicker.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Like I basically said in the "Suisham" thread, I'm glad we didn't try that FG, it would have only gave the Rats better field position. Been saying for 2 weeks, he sucks 40+. If we were really gonna kick it then shame on Tomlin for not already realizing it....

steel9guy
11-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I've said the whole year that we should bring back Jeff Reed. Now look at what happened.

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Jeff Reed is unemployed because he's no longer good enough to kick in the league. Sushi isn't the answer, but neither is Reed. We need a better kicker than either of these two.

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
I've said the whole year that we should bring back Jeff Reed. Now look at what happened.

Reed sucks even more than Suisham at this point. That's why he's not even in the league at this point.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah Reed isnt the answer, but our current kicker isnt either. Both are equally bad IMO

HometownGal
11-08-2011, 04:33 AM
I was Skippy's biggest fan but he isn't the answer and had started on a downhill slide a few months before the Steelers released him. As others have said - there is a reason why he doesn't have a current job PK'ing with another team.

(Love ya Skip!)

BlastFurnace
11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
My point in bringing Jeff up again was not for the Steelers to resign him, but that Cowher and Tomlin never had any hesitation with sending Jeff out there to make a 47 yard FG. This is clearly not the case with Suisham. Suisham has been fill in wherever he has been...at best.

It's time for the Steelers to look in a different direction at Kicker. The Steelers found Reed well into the season in 2002. Maybe they can find another one.

tube517
11-08-2011, 11:25 AM
No, he wasn't ALWAYS dependable, which is why he's not only no longer on the Steelers' roster, he's not on ANY NFL roster, period.

Time to let Skippy go, folks.

The FO did mess up in not going after Akers in the offseason, though.

Yep, new towel dispensers were installed at Heinz Field.

7willBheaven
11-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Where does it say anywhere they didnt trust him? Coach said they got the FG unit out too late and got the penalty...Max said the clock wasnt reset (which i think could have been the case...as i was at the game and it seemed like a few seconds after they were on the field they got the delay). They didnt purposely do it because they didnt trust him...if that WAS the case they would have sent Kapinos out there right off the bat...and kicked it or let the delay happen to give 5 more yards of room...but they didnt do that they sent the FG unit out. I love how people claim the Steelers dont trust this person or they did this or that...when there is no proof to anything. As a side note...yes i think Suisham is up and down at times...but still.

BlastFurnace
11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Where does it say anywhere they didnt trust him? Coach said they got the FG unit out too late and got the penalty...Max said the clock wasnt reset (which i think could have been the case...as i was at the game and it seemed like a few seconds after they were on the field they got the delay). They didnt purposely do it because they didnt trust him...if that WAS the case they would have sent Kapinos out there right off the bat...and kicked it or let the delay happen to give 5 more yards of room...but they didnt do that they sent the FG unit out. I love how people claim the Steelers dont trust this person or they did this or that...when there is no proof to anything. As a side note...yes i think Suisham is up and down at times...but still.

Seriously, does Suisham inspire confidence in you when he is sent out there? He's a journeyman kicker who the coach hesitated to send out. Of course Tomlin is not going to tell what he really thinks.