PDA

View Full Version : Its over, We lost, lets move on and see whats coming up against us.

XxKnightxX
11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Id be lying if I didnt say this loss didnt hurt. I would of preferred being blown out rather than shitting the bed on that. Gay sucked and Clark was lost. I dont know what the hell he was doing.But you know what its over. Lets move on, nothing we can do by changing it. UNLESS, we find a way to win the division and just getting to the damn Super Bowl.

This is our schedule coming up:

At Cincy
BYE
At KC
Home to Cincy again
Home to the Browns
At San Francisco
Home to the Rams
At Cleveland

The two games to the Bengals are gonna be rough. Dalton is playing well and we basically gotta win all of our division games. If not goodbye Division and/or playoffs.

That San Fran game is gonna be trouble. I dont know why but it will and were facing another douchebag In Jim Harbaugh . and The Rams game is gonna be no joke with that defensive line.

I still feel confident that we will get into the playoffs. Winning the division? its out of our control at this point unless the Ravens and Bengals find ways to shit the bed.

I think we just made wayyyy to many mental mistakes in that game. But lets look at the big picutre. The ravens drama is gone so lets just worry about winning.

st33lersguy
11-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Great, here is an idea, let's use the defense we ran last night, and get totally burned by Andy Dalton and A.J Green. Let's allow Dalton to drive 92 yards for a game winning TD.

The Duke
11-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Yep, the division games are key, cannot lose one of them now. But at least we still have 6 wins. Win next week and hopefully after our bye week and the ravens-bengals game things have evened out

really need the bye after next week too

Psycho Ward 86
11-06-2011, 11:32 PM
wow and to think the last half of our schedule was going to be a friendly car ride. KC has a ton of fight in them, we know that Cincy is playing great defense and solid offense, San Fran is one of the best, the rams just recently upset the saints, and the browns are playing some good defense too.

polamalubeast
11-06-2011, 11:42 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/brownpapernats1.jpg

steelerdude15
11-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Its going to be a lot tougher then what people are going to make it out to be, I'm calling it.

steeldevil
11-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Beat Bengals next week and we can get wildcard, lose.... probs not.

Edman
11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Nothing the Steelers can really do. They just have to play the games and hope they win.

Kansas City won their division last year with a 3-3 record and losing to the Raiders twice.

JayC
11-07-2011, 07:35 AM
we should be better than all those teams. 11-5 should get into the playoffs and if we lose more than 2 of these games we really don't deserve playoffs anyways

tube517
11-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Division titles/home field don't carry as much weight as they used to. The Giants got swept by the Crygirls when they won the SB. Packers lost 6 games last year.

Yeah, I'm pissed but still a ways to go until the playoffs are all figured out.

steelerdude15
11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah its not over as some people are making it out to be. There are still seven more games to be played and we could still win the division, but that would difficult. We'll make the playoffs this year because no way will Buffalo have a better record then us at the end of the season.

zulater
11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Go 5-2 with no more than one divisional loss and you're in the playoffs.

vader29
11-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Has a veteran coach ever gotten a gatorade shower for a regular season win in the middle of the season as Harbaugh did last night? I'm starting to think that maybe the Baltimore players get special rings in a cermony for when they do beat the Steelers.

I'm over last nights loss and think we will still win the division going either 6-1 or 5-2 the rest of the way and Baltimore will lose 3 or 4 more games the rest of the way.

oneforthetoe
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Looking at that schedule I see us going 3-1 against shitzy and Cleveland and 2-1 against the rest. That is 11- 5 and a wildcard. The Afc is not that good this year so 11-5 would almost certainly get a wildcard. Of course, I haven't given up on the idea of doing better and either running the table or going 12-4. Anything else would be uncivilized.

zulater
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Has a veteran coach ever gotten a gatorade shower for a regular season win in the middle of the season as Harbaugh did last night? I'm starting to think that maybe the Baltimore players get special rings in a cermony for when they do beat the Steelers.

I'm over last nights loss and think we will still win the division going either 6-1 or 5-2 the rest of the way and Baltimore will lose 3 or 4 more games the rest of the way.

I know I'm an idiot, but I truly believe the Steelers are fully capable of running the table and going 13-3. Get Woodley and Harrison fully healthy ( which hasn't been the case for even one game so far this season) and our defense can be near elite.

And with our o-line issues seemingly resolved there's nothing other than ourselves stopping us from being the best offense in the league outside of Green Bay.

Pristas
11-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I know I'm an idiot, but I truly believe the Steelers are fully capable of running the table and going 13-3. Get Woodley and Harrison fully healthy ( which hasn't been the case for even one game so far this season) and our defense can be near elite.

And with our o-line issues seemingly resolved there's nothing other than ourselves stopping us from being the best offense in the league outside of Green Bay.

I couldn't agree more. What is Andy Dalton and Colt McCoy going to do when Woodley and Harrison are both back at full strength? Has Andy Dalton even sen a legitimate pass rush yet this season?

tube517
11-07-2011, 01:05 PM
We need to just play 7 games, one game at a time. We can't worry about if the Raisins or Bungles lose here or there. Just take care of our own damn business.

XxKnightxX
11-07-2011, 02:19 PM
We need to just play 7 games, one game at a time. We can't worry about if the Raisins or Bungles lose here or there. Just take care of our own damn business.

Seems eerily similar to 2005 when we lost to the Bungholes and they celebrated like they won the Superbowl. And that Late BYE Week is gonna be a HUGE uplift for us

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2011, 04:01 PM
This game is still in my head today. Unfortunately I can't move on yet. :(