PDA

View Full Version : Who gets your goat horns?

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Dick LeBeau gets mine. Did he come with one corner blitz all night? :frusty: :mad2:

Godfather
11-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Plenty of game goats to go around.

- The defense for giving up a 92-yard drive at the end
- The FG unit for taking a delay of game penalty (or Tomlin if they did it intentionally to get more room for Kap)
- The offense for collapsing when we needed one more first down
- The zebras

pepsyman1
11-06-2011, 11:11 PM

- The FG unit for taking a delay of game penalty (or Tomlin if they did it intentionally to get more room for Kap)
- The zebras

All that plus William Gay who consistently gets beat when we need a 3rd down stop.

kmsteelerwr15
11-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Defense is it for me.

fansince'76
11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
The FG unit for taking a delay of game penalty (or Tomlin if they did it intentionally to get more room for Kap)

I thought that was a good call. NO WAY was Suisham making that, and missing it would have put them at their own 40. Didn't matter in the end, though. Giving up 92 yards and the game to a team that couldn't get a first down in the entire first half against the Jaguars two weeks ago was inexcusable. Defense gets the goat, simply for that bullshit drive.

SteelerEmpire
11-06-2011, 11:13 PM
The Offense gets mine...

pepsyman1
11-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Dick LeBeau gets mine. Did he come with one corner blitz all night? :frusty: :mad2:

Or Polamalu...he was totally uninvolved on that last drive. WTF is that? One of our top playmakers when we need the D and we took him out of the action.

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:14 PM

- The zebras

Good question. I think that's exactly what happened and why we absolutely have to upgrade that position next year. If we don't have enough confidence in your kicker to allow him to try a 47 yarder in ideal weather conditions to go up by 7 points, then you need a new kicker!

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2011, 11:15 PM

- The zebras

I'll agree with those 3. Suisham sucks and would never have made that. If we had a decent kicker, we could've gone up 7 there.

Psycho Ward 86
11-06-2011, 11:18 PM
I thought that was a good call. NO WAY was Suisham making that

unlikely yes, impossible no. It was a 47 yarder, which sucks on our field but he's made those 40+ yarders on our turf before.

BlastFurnace
11-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Please retire Dick LeBeau. He's the goat, the horns, etc. So predictable...late drives for points at the end of the game. Prevent defense...the LeBeau specialty.

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Arains and Ben too.

I've got to say the interception by Thuggs didn't surprise me. We've gone to that well too often, and it was only a matter of time before someone guessed right and sat on that route. Going with a no back set on first down in the red zone makes the defense's job easy, and they can take that gamble there.

kmsteelerwr15
11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
As horrible as the officiating was, I will NOT blame them, my last name isn't Harbaugh. We overcame those calls and were able to take the lead and the D decided to make Flacco look like Joe Montana.

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:21 PM
unlikely yes, impossible no. It was a 47 yarder, which sucks on our field but he's made those 40+ yarders on our turf before.

From the left hash he's usually pretty reliable. I'm not sure where the ball was spotted though?

fansince'76
Arains and Ben too.

I've got to say the interception by Thuggs didn't surprise me. We've gone to that well too often, and it was only a matter of time before someone guessed right and sat on that route. Going with a no back set on first down in the red zone makes the defense's job easy, and they can take that gamble there.

We were in no huddle at the time. That one wasn't on Arians.

st33lersguy
The entire team. What they did tonight was exactly THE SAME BULLCRAP that cost them a playoff spot in 2009. Most of all senile old fart LeBeau. Is he so senile that he completely forgot about the gameplan he employed last week?

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:24 PM
We were in no huddle at the time. That one wasn't on Arians.

Gameplan fan! We've become predictable, Thuggs guessed right, because we've tipped our hand on that play. Both Ben and Bruce deserve blame imo.

steeldevil
11-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Defense and refs...

And I don't EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR blame refs for a loss.... Thats bad....

steel9guy
11-06-2011, 11:28 PM
The Steelers have no one to blame but themselves.

Bluecoat96
11-06-2011, 11:29 PM
I still can't believe the purple Browns beat us.

Edman
11-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Zebras didn't do crap. The Steelers lost this game in every sense of the word. Have no one to blame but themselves.

The main Goat is the Defense from Coaches to the Players. The same type of prevent soft bullshit that cost them many games like this in 2009. Didn't the Steelers move to pressure defense last week because of Brady constantly picking them apart underneath like this? 92 Yards after shutting these guys down all half. You can't be serious.

David Johnson for dropping the 3rd down pass that would've iced the game.

The whole team for falling asleep in the last two minutes.

XxKnightxX
11-06-2011, 11:32 PM
The entire team. What they did tonight was exactly THE SAME BULLCRAP that cost them a playoff spot in 2009. Most of all senile old fart LeBeau. Is he so senile that he completely forgot about the gameplan he employed last week?

Dude those are 2 completely different teams and schemes. The Pats got quick crossing receivers and no legitimate running threat and the Ravens have Ray Rice Boldin and Smith, speedy guys that can get in the Corners face and can push off or not. If you were to use the gameplan we use on the Ravens on the Patriots every year, we would get torched.

Anyway my goat goes to Arians for not calling a better play on that 3rd down. I dont care if it was a pass, but a sideline quick OUT pattern to Moore? Dude seriously throw it in the middle or make Ben tuck it and run it.

Clark and Gay for blowing that coverage. Even if Torrey Smith pushed off Clark should of been over the top smacking the shit out of the ball. NO EXCUSES
Defense on 3rd down. 14 first downs, seriously, pathetic.
Is it Sunday Yet? Im over this shit lets just fucking play the Bengals . We lost it sucks and we get no bragging rights, lets eat the shit from the Baltimorons and see if we get to face them a 3rd time.

steelerdude15
11-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm going to go with the Defense on this one, besides James.

tube517
11-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Defense blew it. Gotta make the stops on 3rd down.

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:46 PM
According to Max Starks ( interviewed on the radio) they were going to kick the field goal, or attempt it anyway, but the refs didn't reset the clock, thus the delay penalty which in turn forced the Steelers hand.

X-Terminator
11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I knew someone would blame the offense. The ONLY thing you can blame the offense for is the Suggs INT, which is their fault for not realizing that the Ravens were jumping the WR screen until that point. Other than that, they did their damn job. WHY do they constantly get blamed for the defense's screw-ups?????

steeldevil
11-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Blaming the offense???

Did you people watch the game???

Pathetic defense on all but 2-3 series. Couldn't stop them until already in FG range, even on the turnover drive....

fansince'76
11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Blaming the offense???

Did you people watch the game???

Pathetic defense on all but 2-3 series. Couldn't stop them until already in FG range, even on the turnover drive....

Nah, it's all the offense's fault. No matter that they were converting third and long at will all night, still the offense's fault.

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I knew someone would blame the offense. The ONLY thing you can blame the offense for is the Suggs INT, which is their fault for not realizing that the Ravens were jumping the WR screen until that point. Other than that, they did their damn job. WHY do they constantly get blamed for the defense's screw-ups?????

The offense didn't score enough points to win the game, so they get part of the blame. The defense obviously was more to blame, but that interception was a killer and gave away a red zone opportunity, so how can you ignore it and say that the offense is blameless?

BlastFurnace
11-06-2011, 11:56 PM

Because LeBeau is a sacred cow among some Steelers fans.

fansince'76
11-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Because LeBeau is a sacred cow among some Steelers fans.

And Arians is the automatic scapegoat with most of the same fans.

zulater
11-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I have yet to see anyone absolve the defense of blame, nor LeBeau.

Mach1
11-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Ben gets one for that stupid screen play.

But the D, where shall I begin? I know 14-21 3rd downs being converted. :doh:

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 12:03 AM
The offense didn't score enough points to win the game, so they get part of the blame. The defense obviously was more to blame, but that interception was a killer and gave away a red zone opportunity, so how can you ignore it and say that the offense is blameless?

I believe I mentioned the INT being 100% their fault. But I've just had enough of all of the BS the offense gets from the so-called "knowledgeable fans" around here. After that INT, they scored TDs on their next 2 possessions to give them the lead. They were in position to score again but apparently a ref's gaffe prevented them from going for the FG, and they instead had to punt it deep. You'd think the defense could stop the Ravens from going 92 fucking yards, but they didn't. And somehow, we STILL have people here blaming the offense. It's gotten past the point of ridiculousness now.

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:05 AM
I believe I mentioned the INT being 100% their fault. But I've just had enough of all of the BS the offense gets from the so-called "knowledgeable fans" around here. After that INT, they scored TDs on their next 2 possessions to give them the lead. They were in position to score again but apparently a ref's gaffe prevented them from going for the FG, and they instead had to punt it deep. You'd think the defense could stop the Ravens from going 92 fucking yards, but they didn't. And somehow, we STILL have people here blaming the offense. It's gotten past the point of ridiculousness now.

Who the fuck is blaming the offense? So we mention they played a part and could have done more, but no one, not one person has said the defense didn't lose us the game in the end!

J

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 12:06 AM

Now we know how they felt when we went 92 yards to win the 2nd game and the division against them back in '08. It really feels shitty.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
The Offense gets mine...

Heres one Zu

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Who the fuck is blaming the offense? So we mention they played a part and could have done more, but no one, not one person has said the defense didn't lose us the game in the end!

J

Hmm, let's see...

- The zebras

The Offense gets mine...

I'll agree with those 3. Suisham sucks and would never have made that. If we had a decent kicker, we could've gone up 7 there.

Any other questions?

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Hmm, let's see...

Any other questions?

:wink02:

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Hmm, let's see...

Any other questions?

One person blamed the offense, that it! One person. Just becasuse someone mentions a play of a thing the offense could have done better doesn't mean they're pinning it on the offense over the defense.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
That pick on the screen was awful, but NO WHERE NEAR as awful as the D.

They LITERALLY let the Ravens get into FG range or deeper on all but 2-3 drives... PATHETIC

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Nevermind. I just hope the defense learns how to finish a damn game, and either rip the WR screen out of the playbook or learn how to disguise it better, because I could see that pick coming a mile away.

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:18 AM
As poor as the defense played, one more first down and we put this game away! :frusty: Apparently the last offensive play there was a miscommunication and Mewelde ran the wrong pattern. I'm guessing if the pattern had been run as Ben expected it's an easy first down. Why do I say this. Because Ben would have tucked the ball and taken the sack or made a short gain to keep the clock moving if the play wasn't there.

SteelerEmpire
11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Nevermind. I just hope the defense learns how to finish a damn game, and either rip the WR screen out of the playbook or learn how to disguise it better, because I could see that pick coming a mile away.

Yea. Not only that but the offense had "nukes" and didn't use them until the 3td. We broke out the same ol' playbook we use all the time against the Ravens for an entire 2 quarters and got stopped. Then, when Ben went "Brady" on em, they couldn't handle it and we took the lead after being down 10 pts ! Our WR's and Ben were better than their DB's. Seeing that, I fault the offense (more accurately Arians) for leaving a boat load of points out there in space.

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Yea. Not only that but the offense had "nukes" and didn't use them until the 3td. We broke out the same ol' playbook we use all the time against the Ravens for an entire 2 quarters and got stopped. Then, when Ben went "Brady" on em, they couldn't handle it and we took the lead after being down 10 pts ! Our WR's and Ben were better than their DB's. Seeing that, I fault the offense (more accurately Arians) for leaving a boat load of points out there in space.

And that, of course, is the reason the defense shit the bed and lost the game??? Is that what you're saying?

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 12:28 AM

Would've been nice if the defense that showed up last week would've showed up this week too. 14/21 on third down? Unacceptable. 92-yard TD drive to win the game? Unacceptable. But yeah, keep on blaming Arians.

SteelerEmpire
11-07-2011, 12:31 AM
And that, of course, is the reason the defense shit the bed and lost the game??? Is that what you're saying?

No, I blame the Offense for using the style of play that the Ravens are most familiar with for the entire 1st half. Brown and Miller were eating the #2 pass D alive in the 2nd half... even Wallace got his 1st td against the Ravens tonight...

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:34 AM
How about blaming Clark and Gay for dropping easy picks from Flaccid, one of which would have prevented the Ravens first field goal.

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Hmm, let's see...

Any other questions?

:lol: I didn't blame the offense. You're a bit touchy. Face it, there's plenty of blame to go around. It came down to the defense needing to make a stop and they didn't do it. The offense had a chance to ice the game on the previous possession and they didn't do it. Again, plenty of blame to go around. The offense and defense both played better last week against the Pats.

It seems to me like the offense and defense both went back to their old predictable ways this week.

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2011, 12:45 AM
According to Max Starks ( interviewed on the radio) they were going to kick the field goal, or attempt it anyway, but the refs didn't reset the clock, thus the delay penalty which in turn forced the Steelers hand.

If that's true, that's complete bullshit. I thought when it happened that it seemed quick.

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:51 AM
But the kick-coverage unit was sloppy, allowing returns of 45 and 32 yards to David Reid -- each resulting in a field goal.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11311/1188154-66-2.stm#ixzz1d03eJ3CF

oneforthetoe
11-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Zebras didn't do crap. The Steelers lost this game in every sense of the word. Have no one to blame but themselves.

The main Goat is the Defense from Coaches to the Players. The same type of prevent soft bullshit that cost them many games like this in 2009. Didn't the Steelers move to pressure defense last week because of Brady constantly picking them apart underneath like this? 92 Yards after shutting these guys down all half. You can't be serious.

David Johnson for dropping the 3rd down pass that would've iced the game.

The whole team for falling asleep in the last two minutes.

Prevent defense? I didn't see much prevent defense on the last drive. I saw our blitzes get picked-up and our db's get beat. Actually, Dungy ripped Lebeau for playing too much man on the final drive.

Steeldude
11-07-2011, 01:45 AM
the players and coaches on both sides of the ball. i wouldn't be placing the blame on gay only. taylor, lewis and the other DBs were getting burned too.

it was good to have harrison back. he looked rested.

stillers4me
11-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Nov. 07, 2011 1:44 a.m. (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16017655) - by Chuck Finder - Tomlin: Not trying FG was due to 'some hesitation' (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16017655)
Mike Tomlin blamed himself for the field-goal attempt that wasn't in Sunday night's loss to the Ravens. "I accept responsibility," he said. "There was some hesitation on my part. I was concerned (about) that distance [for a 47-yard Shaun Suisham (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/553825/shaun-suisham) attempt]. I sent the group out there a little late. We ended up with a delay of game." Steelers RapidReports (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/PIT)

Nov. 07, 2011 1:40 a.m. (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16017632) - by Chuck Finder - Starks believes FG might have made difference (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16017632)
Shaun Suisham (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/553825/shaun-suisham) never got set up to try a 47-yard field goal that could have made this a 23-23 game into overtime. “It was well within Shaun’s range,” Max Starks (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/493075/max-starks) said. “We thought they were going to push the clock -- reset it -- and they didn’t.” The Steelers got a delay penalty and punted instead to the 8-yard line. Steelers RapidReports (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/PIT)

HometownGal
11-07-2011, 05:29 AM

Because they would be turned to stone if they dared to put any degree of blame on LeBeau or the D.

Imho - the D gets 2 sets of goat horns for tonight's heartbreaker.

suitanim
11-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Nov. 07, 2011 1:44 a.m. (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16017655) - by Chuck Finder - Tomlin: Not trying FG was due to 'some hesitation' (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16017655)
Mike Tomlin blamed himself for the field-goal attempt that wasn't in Sunday night's loss to the Ravens. "I accept responsibility," he said. "There was some hesitation on my part. I was concerned (about) that distance [for a 47-yard Shaun Suisham (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/553825/shaun-suisham) attempt]. I sent the group out there a little late. We ended up with a delay of game." Steelers RapidReports (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/PIT)

Nov. 07, 2011 1:40 a.m. (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16017632) - by Chuck Finder - Starks believes FG might have made difference (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16017632)
Shaun Suisham (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/553825/shaun-suisham) never got set up to try a 47-yard field goal that could have made this a 23-23 game into overtime. “It was well within Shaun’s range,” Max Starks (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/493075/max-starks) said. “We thought they were going to push the clock -- reset it -- and they didn’t.” The Steelers got a delay penalty and punted instead to the 8-yard line. Steelers RapidReports (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/PIT)

Suisham would have shanked that....of course, maybe the Rats, getting the ball back at nidfield, would have scored in one minute, not 2 (since we obviously weren't going to stop them) and we'd have had a minute try and tie it...Tomlin cannot blame himself any farther than allowing a mediocre kicker to be on his roster.

zulater
11-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Because they would be turned to stone if they dared to put any degree of blame on LeBeau or the D.

Imho - the D gets 2 sets of goat horns for tonight's heartbreaker.

I've seen about 700 different comments posted about what a lousy job LeBeau did this game. And even more flaming the defense. I'm not sure what board you've been reading this morning? Everyone I see and know is pissed at LeBeau and the defense today.

zulater
11-07-2011, 05:53 AM
Suisham would have shanked that....of course, maybe the Rats, getting the ball back at nidfield, would have scored in one minute, not 2 (since we obviously weren't going to stop them) and we'd have had a minute try and tie it...Tomlin cannot blame himself any farther than allowing a mediocre kicker to be on his roster.

The punt put them at the 8. If your defense can't keep a team out of the end zone with 92 yards of real estate to protect, then I guess you can say you didn;'t deserve it.

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 05:59 AM
I went to bed last night and all I dreamed about was first a bubble screen that has never work, tomlin softness and lack of aggressiveness for not even trying the field goal , William gay getting beat constantly . But there was a play in the beginning that might affected the final score ,does somebody agree with me on the hit that ray Lewis put on hines was a 15 yarder helmet to helmet that moulded have extended the drive deep and perhaps getting a touchdown. My congratulations to harbough he showed what tomlin lacks even with cundif missing previously a field goal he kept going with the chance of adding points . I truly believe the problem is tomlin. Ps. Bet anyone the league will not fine Lewis on the hines hit

HometownGal
11-07-2011, 06:02 AM
I've seen about 700 different comments posted about what a lousy job LeBeau did this game. And even more flaming the defense. I'm not sure what board you've been reading this morning? Everyone I see and know is pissed at LeBeau and the defense today.

Whether 1 person or 1,000 people put the blame on LeBeau, I'm still entitled to post my opinion whether it parallels someone else's opinion or not. Did someone die and leave you the boss while I wasn't looking?

zulater
11-07-2011, 06:06 AM
Whether 1 person or 1,000 people put the blame on LeBeau, I'm still entitled to post my opinion whether it parallels someone else's opinion or not. Did someone die and leave you the boss while I wasn't looking?

I never claimed any such thing. But you're telling me what you think and I'm telling you what I'm seeing. I see no protective entrenchment around our defensive coordinater. I think most everyone is laying the wood to Dick today. ( pardon the play on words :lol:)

First laugh I've managed today, oh well it's a start.

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 06:12 AM
If I was the man in charge, tomlin ,suisham, gay, will be out today

zulater
11-07-2011, 06:14 AM

No offense intended, but I'm glad you're not the "man in charge". :lol:

HometownGal
11-07-2011, 06:14 AM
I never claimed any such thing. But you're telling me what you think and I'm telling you what I'm seeing. I see no protective entrenchment around our defensive coordinater. I think most everyone is laying the wood to Dick today. ( pardon the play on words :lol:)

First laugh I've managed today, oh well it's a start.

And that's my point Zu - I was simply posting what I think. Nothing wrong with that. :noidea:

No matter who we choose to wear the goat horns, we lost a game we absolutely needed to win and I don't think there is a one of us who can disagree with that.

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Why keep what is not reliable

zulater
11-07-2011, 06:21 AM
And that's my point Zu - I was simply posting what I think. Nothing wrong with that. :noidea:

No matter who we choose to wear the goat horns, we lost a game we absolutely needed to win and I don't think there is a one of us who can disagree with that.

We lost a game that would have put us into the drivers seat for the division title and possibly a first round bye.. Now we have very little margin or error, and absolutely have to win at least 3 out of four of our remaining divisional games to have a chance for the playoffs.

My biggest fear is that this loss will linger and we wont take our A game to Cincy and we'll go into the bye off two losses.

zulater
11-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Why keep what is not reliable

Tomlin's not reliable?

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Sorry forgot to retire farrior

steel striker
11-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Bottom line is we lost and, the defense could not stop a 92 yard drive. Sure that was a bad pick to Suggs but, we had the lead 2 minutes & change to go. Easy to say you can't let a wr get behind you in that situation. A very tough loss and, like mentioned above we were horrible on defense on 3rd downs.

86WARD
11-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Only two that aren't...Antonio Brown, James Harrison.

zulater
11-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Only two that aren't...Antonio Brown, James Harrison.

What about the offensive line, Mendenhall, Heath Miller? Didn't see any of those guys screwing up.

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 07:10 AM

And now we have a "fire Tomlin" post.

Ya know, I may actually not even bother reading my own damn board for the next couple of days, because the absolute ignorance is going to be out in full force, and given the mood I'm in right now, I'd end up having to ban myself.

zulater
11-07-2011, 07:13 AM
And now we have a "fire Tomlin" post.

Ya know, I may actually not even bother reading my own damn board for the next couple of days, because the absolute ignorance is going to be out in full force, and given the mood I'm in right now, I'd end up having to ban myself.

It's just one person XT. :lol:

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 07:21 AM
It's just one person XT. :lol:

Maybe so, but I'm fairly sure he won't be alone. Plus, you don't live here in Pittsburgh, and there are "fire Tomlin" calls after every loss. But more than anything, I only got 2 and a half hours sleep last night/this morning, which means my patience is about as thin as the tip of a pin.

HometownGal
11-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Maybe so, but I'm fairly sure he won't be alone. Plus, you don't live here in Pittsburgh, and there are "fire Tomlin" calls after every loss. But more than anything, I only got 2 and a half hours sleep last night/this morning, which means my patience is about as thin as the tip of a pin.

Trust me folks - when XT doesn't have his beauty sleep, he's a big old CRAB. :heh:

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Trust me folks - when XT doesn't have his beauty sleep, he's a big old CRAB. :heh:

See, you went and made me smile. Thanks for ruining it for me! :heh: :lol:

zulater
11-07-2011, 07:30 AM

Oh yeah I got it much easier today, I live in Maryland 40 miles away from the Ratbirds roost. So you can imagine what I'm looking foward to this week! :wtf:

zulater
11-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Shouldn't Ryan Clark be singled out for goat horns today? Not only did he fail to get over and help on the deciding touchdown, his helmet to helmet launch gave the Ravens and easy field goal at the end of the first half.

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Sorry forgot to retire farrior

Farrior didn't even play last night. :doh:

HometownGal
11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
See, you went and made me smile. Thanks for ruining it for me! :heh: :lol:

Anything to help buddy. :hug: :heh: ;)

43Hitman
11-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I have to give my GOAT horns to Ryan Clark for failing to be aware of the situation he was in. 08 seconds left, no timeouts left for Baltimore, and he allows a receiver to get behind him. Hell it was the same play that beat Taylor (luckily the guy dropped it) just two plays earlier only they just ran it to Gay's side that time. That's just inexcusable imo, you have to stay deep no matter what, the only thing that beats you is a play in the endzone, and with the amount of time left, you knew they had to throw it there.

suitanim
11-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Shouldn't Ryan Clark be singled out for goat horns today? Not only did he fail to get over and help on the deciding touchdown, his helmet to helmet launch gave the Ravens and easy field goal at the end of the first half.

No. Here's why.

A) When he jarred the ball out, that was a REAL football play, and anti-Goodell play. The Ravens made two of them and they weren't called. He played the game as it is to be played.
B) Clark may have been late rolling over, BUT Gay got burnt, and, in fact, was called for trying to inhibit the receiver who got behind him. Had it not been a TD, it would have been first and goal from the 3 (remember, the refs flagged Gay on that play). The Rats would have thrown a 3 yard TD pass to a TE on the next play. Anyone think we'd have stopped it?

My only complaint with LeBeau was I feel he should have switched in and out of zone a little more. Firing Tomlin is beyond ludicrous...

zulater
11-07-2011, 08:37 AM
No. Here's why.

A) When he jarred the ball out, that was a REAL football play, and anti-Goodell play. The Ravens made two of them and they weren't called. He played the game as it is to be played.
B) Clark may have been late rolling over, BUT Gay got burnt, and, in fact, was called for trying to inhibit the receiver who got behind him. Had it not been a TD, it would have been first and goal from the 3 (remember, the refs flagged Gay on that play). The Rats would have thrown a 3 yard TD pass to a TE on the next play. Anyone think we'd have stopped it?

My only complaint with LeBeau was I feel he should have switched in and out of zone a little more. Firing Tomlin is beyond ludicrous...

I don't think that's more than one poster who feels that way.

I didn't like that Tomlin defered on the opening kick, but that didn't lose us the game and I'm still glad to have him as our coach.

BlastFurnace
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
My biggest fear is that this loss will linger and we wont take our A game to Cincy and we'll go into the bye off two losses.

Next game is the season for this team. Same scenerio from 2009. Tough loss to division rival in week 9 to go 6-3. They must bounce back with a win next week. They must sweep the Bengals and Browns in order to have any hope of making the playoffs.

steelerdude15
11-07-2011, 09:12 AM
We lost a game that would have put us into the drivers seat for the division title and possibly a first round bye.. Now we have very little margin or error, and absolutely have to win at least 3 out of four of our remaining divisional games to have a chance for the playoffs.

I believe the Steelers will rebound from this game, but I could be wrong.

zulater
11-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Next game is the season for this team. Same scenerio from 2009. Tough loss to division rival in week 9 to go 6-3. They must bounce back with a win next week. They must sweep the Bengals and Browns in order to have any hope of making the playoffs.

If they do that they will absolutely make the playoffs. That's 10 wins right there ( with our existing 6) , looking at our remaining schedule you figure there's got to be at least one more win with the other 3 games. 11 will get you in for sure this year in the AFC under the presumption we sweep the Bengals. You figure the South and West have no chance of producing a wild card team. The east will get one, but I can't see 3 teams from that division making it.

GodfatherofSoul
11-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Ben, this was a possession game where you can't make mistakes. He missed Wallace on a guaranteed TD pass and gifted Thuggs an INT on a drive that would've kept the game tied at the end at worst. He wasn't seeing LBs in zone coverage and could've had 3-4 more INTs if they could catch. Don't know his final passing percentage, but around the half I think it was 10/20.

GodfatherofSoul
11-07-2011, 10:21 AM
B) Clark may have been late rolling over, BUT Gay got burnt, and, in fact, was called for trying to inhibit the receiver who got behind him. Had it not been a TD, it would have been first and goal from the 3 (remember, the refs flagged Gay on that play). The Rats would have thrown a 3 yard TD pass to a TE on the next play. Anyone think we'd have stopped it?.

I thought Clarke made the right move by staying on top of Bouldin.

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Tomlin should go. To many bad calls and sometimes no decisions at all .

oneforthetoe
11-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Bill is that you? Tired of CBS?:p

oneforthetoe
11-07-2011, 10:46 AM
I believe the Steelers will rebound from this game, but I could be wrong.

No major injuries last night is something.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 11:05 AM

:crazy:

BlastFurnace
11-07-2011, 11:25 AM

We're all upset...

Tomlin made some mistakes, but the teams goal is still right in front of them. Right now, Tomlin needs to get the team focused on Cincinnati and not repeat another performance like 2009.

In other words...please don't unleash hell this year.

kmsteelerwr15
11-07-2011, 11:36 AM

Here we go...

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Good to see no one else wants to get rid of our coach who has, IN FOUR YEARS, won 3 division titles, won 2 AFC titles, and won a Super Bowl....

Some people are just crazy.

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 11:58 AM
No major injuries last night is something.

It helps... There is a lot of season left and Baltimore could still lose within the division... The schedule from here on out is managable... Four division games and the Rams, Chiefs, 49ers.. Good chance to win out or go 6-1... Not worried this just makes one extra game in the playoffs... As for Tomlin, he had the lead put it on the D and they failed. So be it.. Next up the Bengals time t take care of buisiness..

NJarhead
11-07-2011, 12:02 PM
I hate saying this, but LeBeau for me....yep, kills me to even say it. These same guys dominate Brady and Co. in man coverage (even William Gay) but we can only stop the Ravens 7 out 21 times on third down? Flacco looked more like Tom Brady than Tom Brady did against these same guys (okay swap 56 for 92). While JH did sack Flacco 3x and we did hold them to a few FG's, I don't think we can use this same scheme should we be fortunate enough to see them in the playoffs. The officiating didn't help, but we lost because we let average Joe go 92 yards for the win. Period.

BigNastyDefense
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
My goat horns go to"

Ben Roethlisberger on the INT to Suggs. If he doesn't call that stupid bubble screen that NEVER works on that play, at worst we end up with three points & the game goes into OT because that TD would have just tied it, not given Baltimore the lead.

The defense get the other goat horn. They couldn't stop Baltimore until they were already in FG range for a majority of the night, and then let them go down field for the game winning TD at the end of the game.

Tomlin is taking credit for the delay penalty on the FG unit because he doesn't blame the refs, and neither will I.

I will however, say that the officiating in the entire NFL is complete garbage, and a lot of the blame for that is on Goodell. The refs don't know what's a legal hit now & what's not, so they throw the flag on anything iffy. I don't think the Clark hit deserved a flag, but he's a Steeler so anything iffy on him is going to draw a penalty. And how the refs missed Lewis' helmet-to-helmet drilling of Hines Ward, I have no idea. In this instance, I don't blame the refs, I blame Roger Goodell. He's made the Steelers the poster child for dirty play, so they're gonna get flags when one isn't warranted because the refs are afraid to fuck up and not call something.

Nobody needs fired or cut. I mean honestly, who the fuck are you going to get to replace anyone who's head is being called for?

Gay fucked up and blew coverage on the GW touchdown, it was bound to happen at some point. Gay has played much better this year than the last few, but he isn't a shutdown corner. He's going to get beat, unfortunately this time it happened when there wasn't enough time left to tie the game, much less take the lead and win it.

As for Clark on that last play, it was get over and cover deep on Gay or stay on Boldin. If he leaves Boldin there, then Flacco throws a TD pass to Boldin for the score. And even if Clark gets over there & swats the ball away, the PI penalty still gets called & it's first and goal from the three yard line. So it really doesn't matter, the Ravens probably score a TD from the 3 anyhow.

And as for LeBeau...that wasn't prevent defense on the last drive. They rushed three maybe once on that drive, otherwise they didn't rush less than four and a few times they rushed five. I don't blame him for wanting Polamalu in coverage during that drive, they had 92 yards to drive and had to throw it. Having him up around the LOS to stop the run or rush the passer just leaves a TE or Rice on a LB. I don't trust any LB but Timmons on one of them.

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I hate saying this, but LeBeau for me....yep, kills me to even say it. These same guys dominate Brady and Co. in man coverage (even William Gay) but we can only stop the Ravens 7 out 21 times on third down? Flacco looked more like Tom Brady than Tom Brady did against these same guys (okay swap 56 for 92). While JH did sack Flacco 3x and we did hold them to a few FG's, I don't think we can use this same scheme should we be fortunate enough to see them in the playoffs. The officiating didn't help, but we lost because we let average Joe go 92 yards for the win. Period.

AGREED.... But the end of the game they went to the prevent gave a cousion and gave the game away.. Get rid of the prevent, exotic zone blizes, and go man to man... News flash the teams around the league figured out the zone blitz... We have the personel to go man to man we should do it IMO...

86WARD
11-07-2011, 12:34 PM
What about the offensive line, Mendenhall, Heath Miller? Didn't see any of those guys screwing up.

O line had a costly penalty on the Mendenhall run. If you want to throw Mendenhall in there go ahead. Didn't look big game impressive to me. Millers great, I'm a big fan. Had an easy drop. Basically, the only two that showed up and " big time balled" were Brown and Harrison.

86WARD
11-07-2011, 12:38 PM
The picture the aravens presented to Clark on the last play of the game was no win. He either go with the slot receiver down the middle or go with Smith. He chose Smith. Smith made a play and beat Gay. Gay isn't a starter in this league...he should've had definite help on that play. Not Clark making a decision on where to go.

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:41 PM
O line had a costly penalty on the Mendenhall run. If you want to throw Mendenhall in there go ahead. Didn't look big game impressive to me. Millers great, I'm a big fan. Had an easy drop. Basically, the only two that showed up and " big time balled" were Brown and Harrison.

The offensive line had one hiccup against possibly the best defense in the league, I think they did their job. Mendenhall pretty much got everything out of every carry as far as I could see. I think his play was strong. I don't remember Miller's "easy drop", but I'll take your word for it. Regardless he again was a valuable part of the passing game, and got good y.a.c. on his catches. I don't believe in game balls after losses, I'm just telling you, those guys all put in winning efforts in my opinion.

Hindes204
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
92 yards in the final minutes of the game is unacceptable. The defense lost that game. I dont blame Tomlin, he made the decision to rely on his defense to make the stop against an average offense...they couldnt do it, we lost.

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 12:53 PM

...Trying desperately to not get angry...

Hindes204
11-07-2011, 12:54 PM
...Trying desperately to not get angry...

I just ignore asinine statements like that one

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Yep. No real Steeler fan would say something so stupid.

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 12:59 PM

Shawn, you grew up here and have heard all of this crap before...yeah, I should probably ignore it, but when you hear it time and time and time again, you get to the point where you just can't take it anymore. I'm almost there now. Here we have a coach that has had a winning season in each of his first 4 seasons, has won 2 division titles, 2 conference titles and a Super Bowl during a season which they went 12-4 with the toughest schedule in the history of the league. Why ANYONE would even think of wanting to see Tomlin fired after all of that success just pisses me off to no end. I'm sick of all of the fucking knee-jerk reactionary fans in our fanbase, and I see no problem with calling any of them out on it.

zulater
11-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Shawn, you grew up here and have heard all of this crap before...yeah, I should probably ignore it, but when you hear it time and time and time again, you get to the point where you just can't take it anymore. I'm almost there now. Here we have a coach that has had a winning season in each of his first 4 seasons, has won 2 division titles, 2 conference titles and a Super Bowl during a season which they went 12-4 with the toughest schedule in the history of the league. Why ANYONE would even think of wanting to see Tomlin fired after all of that success just pisses me off to no end. I'm sick of all of the fucking knee-jerk reactionary fans in our fanbase, and I see no problem with calling any of them out on it.

If you did a poll on whether Tomlin should be fired on this board I would guess it would be over 90% saying, hell no!! This isn't Stillers.com, don't confuse us with that sort because of the random poster who's frustrated and taking their anger out on Tomlin today.

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 01:03 PM

You forgot "He did it with Cowher's players." :chuckle:

tube517
11-07-2011, 01:12 PM

Fire the Rooneys. They don't care about players and have no consistency. :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Fire the Rooneys. They don't care about players and have no consistency. :chuckle:

Damn cheap Rooneys! :chuckle:

tube517
11-07-2011, 01:27 PM

49-24 regular season
5-2 postseason
3 AFC North titles
2 AFC championships
1 Super Bowl champion
all in 4 1/2 years.

loses by 3 points to the arch-rival Raisins - Yeah, he needs to go :chuckle:

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 01:45 PM
If you did a poll on whether Tomlin should be fired on this board I would guess it would be over 90% saying, hell no!! This isn't Stillers.com, don't confuse us with that sort because of the random poster who's frustrated and taking their anger out on Tomlin today.

I'm not really doing that in this case, and I don't mean to lump those who question some of his decisions into that group. It's really just this one guy setting me off. Today is not a good day for me to see anyone calling for Tomlin's head.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Oh lord the Steelers are 6-3 and still control their own destiny in terms of getting to the playoffs! Fire everyone!!

:rolleyes:

zulater
11-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm not really doing that in this case, and I don't mean to lump those who question some of his decisions into that group. It's really just this one guy setting me off. Today is not a good day for me to see anyone calling for Tomlin's head.

Who knows, maybe it's someone who genuinely thinks Tomlin isn't a good coach. Don't ask me to explain how anyone could come to that conclusion? I'm still trying to figure out why there are Democrats in the world? :noidea: :heh:

jk folks. :lol:

86WARD
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
The offensive line had one hiccup against possibly the best defense in the league, I think they did their job. Mendenhall pretty much got everything out of every carry as far as I could see. I think his play was strong. I don't remember Miller's "easy drop", but I'll take your word for it. Regardless he again was a valuable part of the passing game, and got good y.a.c. on his catches. I don't believe in game balls after losses, I'm just telling you, those guys all put in winning efforts in my opinion.

In a game like this, I'm looking for above and beyond...the splash plays...lol. I feel like Brown and Harrison were the only two making the "splash play" effort...IMO

zulater
11-07-2011, 02:02 PM
In a game like this, I'm looking for above and beyond...the splash plays...lol. I feel like Brown and Harrison were the only two making the "splash play" effort...IMO

I think Max Starks keeping Suggs from getting a sack would qualify then.

salamander
11-07-2011, 03:11 PM
My blame goes to the defense for giving up so many 3rd and longs and allowing them to drive 92 yards down the field for the game-winning TD.

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 03:35 PM

Oh yeah I forgot...:sarcasm:

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM

He had one hell of a game IMO.. Suggs was quiet the whole game besides the pick... That was on Ben he never looked to that side before he threw the pass....

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
My blame goes to the defense for giving up so many 3rd and longs and allowing them to drive 92 yards down the field for the game-winning TD.

This^ X2

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Max played a great game. That holding call on him was complete BS, especially with the holding that the ratbirds were getting away with.

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 04:10 PM
He inherited a monster team the worst coach on the league woulded win with it

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 04:15 PM
OK, now I'm convinced that this guy is a troll, because nobody can possibly be this ignorant. He/she/it is just here to stir up trouble, and like a doofus I fell for it. Congratulations, you got one over on me. Now please drink a tall glass of STFU and go troll somebody else's board.

Psycho Ward 86
11-07-2011, 04:22 PM
This game goat is so easy to hand out, im surprised it seems like no one said it yet. Ryan freaking Clark. I dont care if he's leading this team in tackles. He shouldnt be making that many if he were more proficient in coverage. He dropped a very catch-able interception in the freakin redzone on the Raven's 1st drive that shouldve been a TD with the proper officiating. And then HE, Ryan Clark is the one who got iced on that Torrey Smith TD. For God's sake, what was he thinking, pitter pattering forward in a game that can only be won by a TD? Just dreadful.

GodfatherofSoul
11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
This game goat is so easy to hand out, im surprised it seems like no one said it yet. Ryan freaking Clark. I dont care if he's leading this team in tackles. He shouldnt be making that many if he were more proficient in coverage. He dropped a very catch-able interception in the freakin redzone on the Raven's 1st drive that shouldve been a TD with the proper officiating. And then HE, Ryan Clark is the one who got iced on that Torrey Smith TD. For God's sake, what was he thinking, pitter pattering forward in a game that can only be won by a TD? Just dreadful.

OK, I've never played defense and can't honestly say I understand NFL-caliber defensive schemes. But, every time a safety drops in over a deep receiver and the ball goes to the other side, I hear the safety being blamed for not covering the right guy. Seems like Bouldin was the right receiver to double in that situation.

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey x what does the word headcoach means for you? Let me guess watch your team get burned on the last drive and do nothing about it . Why not trying the field goal that woulded gave a 7 point lead. Do Headcoaches have the authority to override decisions made by the defensive coordinator?

Psycho Ward 86
11-07-2011, 04:42 PM
OK, I've never played defense and can't honestly say I understand NFL-caliber defensive schemes. But, every time a safety drops in over a deep receiver and the ball goes to the other side, I hear the safety being blamed for not covering the right guy. Seems like Bouldin was the right receiver to double in that situation.

Clark was nowhere near either of them. He started moving towards Boldin's side but then changed his mind and that split second of hesitation cost us the game

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM

Norv Turner inherited a 14-2 team with 10 Pro Bowlers on it. But please, continue to make yourself look like a clueless ass, by all means.

Hindes204
11-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey x what does the word headcoach means for you? Let me guess watch your team get burned on the last drive and do nothing about it . Why not trying the field goal that woulded gave a 7 point lead. Do Headcoaches have the authority to override decisions made by the defensive coordinator?

Ok genius, what happens if Suisam misses, which he has a lot this year, they get the ball with great field position. I'll back Tomlin up everytime with that decision. With a kicker who is inaccurate and a defense that is suppossed to be one of the best in the league, against an average offense, you have to pin them and make your defense stop them.

polamalubeast
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
49-24 regular season
5-2 postseason
3 AFC North titles
2 AFC championships
1 Super Bowl champion
all in 4 1/2 years.

loses by 3 points to the arch-rival Raisins - Yeah, he needs to go :chuckle:

But,Tomlin won with the players of Bill Cowher.Tomlin is a moron.

:sarcasm2:

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Ok, genius . What about if he makes it? If he misses it Baltimore woulded score the same. The difference , Ben woulded have the chance to make the comeback

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Ok, genius . What about if he makes it? If he misses it Baltimore woulded score the same. The difference , Ben woulded have the chance to make the comeback

And you know this....how?

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 05:18 PM

Hey guys, is hindsight still 20/20???

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey tube do you agree the problem is tomlin?

tube517
11-07-2011, 05:30 PM

So, you're saying Nick Saban or Bobby Petrino "woulded" have taken an aging 8-8 team and had the record that Tomlin has?

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Your pissing on the wrong tree.....

Hindes204
11-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Its all about probability...Suisam is 15/20 this year, with his longest FG being 48 yards, in a dome. I punt everytime in that situation.

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 05:34 PM

Tomlin made the right choice... I'll pick our D over the Ravens O nine times out of ten.... This just happen to be that one time it didn't work.. Not the end of the world, just have to take care of buisness on our end from here on out.

fansince'76
11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Facepalm/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

steeler for life
11-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Hindes what woulded happened if he makes the field goal?

Texasteel
11-07-2011, 06:10 PM
What would have happened is this. The field goal would have be blocked, picked up by a raven player and ran back for a TD. On the following kickoff the raven kick slips and sends a line drive into the chest of the player straight in front of him. This sends the ball directly back to the kicker himself, which he catches and runs for the first TD of his life.

A coach does not have the luxury of looking back on a game and then deciding what he should do. (Like we do) He has to make his decisions based on his knowledge of his team, and decide what is most likely to happen. I personally believe that what Mike did what put his players in the best position to win the game. I would have done the same thing.

OnlyOne21
11-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Before the negative I will start with something positive, I think the offensive line played very well overall. Considering the Steelers were light at the receiver position, especially with Ward going out early, they played pretty well outside of the play calling in the red zone. Not sure why at second and goal from the 4 yard line you can't spread any team out and run the ball in.

The next positive to me is this fact: McCoy, Dalton, Cassel, Alex Smith and Bradford if healthy is what the Steelers see their last 7 games of the season. There is no reason whatsoever this teams doesn't win six of those games and has a good shot at all of them, rivalry games or not. Say what you will about the 49ers but they are not as good as their record indicates.

The other "wild card teams" if you give the Ravens the division already all play not only tougher schedules but games against one another. The AFC West is average at best and while the Chargers might be the best on paper, they still have Phillip Rivers as a crutch. I don't get the love fest with that guy at all. In the East you have the Jets, Pats and Bills and one has to be the division winner and again play against one another so someone has to pick up a loss here and there. The remaining schedule definitely favors the Steelers in that aspect.

To me I almost watched the game plan last night as though they showed just enough to win but not so much as to let everything out of the bag. While I was pissed at the outcome I believe the Steelers are the better team right now. I honestly believe that these two teams will meet once again for a third time in a season.

Now as for the goat I have to give this one to Tomlin, and no I am not asking for the guys head on a stake but the situation at the end of the game was this: 4th and four from the 30 yard line. Open end of the stadium. If you are unsure about the field goal than use one of your remaining two timeouts and honestly, go for it from that point. Play to win. If you believe in your defense not to give up a touchdown enough to punt, than what is the difference if they other team has to go 99. 92, 80 or 70 yards?

My only other gripe is with these video reviewed plays. Why have them if when the ref goes and watches the play they still don't get it right based on the rules. The Ward catch, possession, two steps, a football play, meaning he got hit, down on his back with the ball still in his hands, and then out, yet no catch! Dickson has the ground help him hold the ball, yet ruled a catch. I just don't get the fact that you can't get a call right using the replay, then throw the damn thing out.

I also hope when the ref did review the Ward, play he sees where they missed the helmet to helmet hit that somehow seems to continually get missed when it happens to Steelers.

Psycho Ward 86
11-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, is hindsight still 20/20???

always. sadly so many people on this board will never know that...

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I agree that if Tomlin was unsure about kicking the FG, he should have used a timeout. But I think that after the TO we should have went for it on 4th and 5 instead of kicking the FG. Our chances of making that conversion would have been better than our chances of making that FG.

So IMO:

Best option: Going for the 1st down, we get it and game is essentially over.
Middle option: Punting, Ravens have to go a long way against our D with a mediocre QB.... Our chances are good.
Worst option: Trying the FG, I say he would have missed it, which would give them less distance to go. But our chances would still be good of stopping their O.

I think once Tomlin realized he was unsure about whether or not to kick the FG he just waited for the delay of game so we could punt. It would have been wiser to call a TO and discuss the 3 options. Tomlin made a mistake, but that mistake only resulted in us settling for the middle option(IMO). Keep in mind that the WORST situation for us in ANY of our options was this: Don't let the Ravens score a TD and we win...

tube517
11-07-2011, 06:35 PM
What would have happened is this. The field goal would have be blocked, picked up by a raven player and ran back for a TD. On the following kickoff the raven kick slips and sends a line drive into the chest of the player straight in front of him. This sends the ball directly back to the kicker himself, which he catches and runs for the first TD of his life.

A coach does not have the luxury of looking back on a game and then deciding what he should do. (Like we do) He has to make his decisions based on his knowledge of his team, and decide what is most likely to happen. I personally believe that what Mike did what put his players in the best position to win the game. I would have done the same thing.

:rofl2:

SteelGhost
11-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Third down defense hands down :nervous:

Suddenly BOTH games against the Bungles are a most win games for the wild card race, sheesh...

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM

He wanted to try the field goal, genius, but the refs screwed up the play clock and caused the delay of game. Do you know how to effing read? It's only been printed in several major news sources and was confirmed by Max Starks. And even if he didn't want to try it, I can't blame him, considering Suisham has pretty much blown goats on most FGs over 40 yards. They pinned the Ravens inside their own 10 yard line, and the defense proceeded to allow the Ravens to drive the length of the field. And you want Tomlin fired for that? Head coaches do have the authority to override decisions by the coordinators, but the fact is most don't do it and allow the coordinators to do their jobs. It's called TRUST, something you must have if you want to have a successful coaching staff. If he constantly made the decisions for the coordinators, then why even have them? He may as well be the DC himself, which has worked out real well for Bill Belichick* and the Pats*, hasn't it?

But of course, you're just your typical lazy ass Steelers fan who wants the head coach fired after every loss. Mark Madden pegged you guys dead-on, and I can't stand that fat piece of crap. Thank GOD the Rooney family has more patience than you and doesn't pay attention to ridiculous rabble from ignorant know-it-all wannabes like you. Otherwise, we'd be the Washington Redskins.

X-Terminator
11-07-2011, 07:48 PM
But,Tomlin won with the players of Bill Cowher.Tomlin is a moron.

:sarcasm2:

Tomlin also did not draft the following players:

Lamarr Woodley
Lawrence Timmons
Ziggy Hood
Cam Heyward (I know, jury is still out on him)
Maurkice Pouncey
Mike Wallace
Antonio Brown
Emmanuel Sanders
Rashard Mendenhall

He also did NOT decide to let an aging Joey Porter go in order to give James Harrison his shot, or let Bongtonio be traded for peanuts in order to give Wallace his shot. No, he did none of that. It was all Cowher's players, and none of those guys he drafted or gave an opportunity to contributed a damn thing to their division titles or Super Bowl appearances and victory. He should be FYORD IMMIDIOTELEEE!!!!!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Just a case of small details making a difference. If David Johnson catches that pass with 2:42 left in the game, its 2nd and 3 yards, with the clock running. The Steelers would likely run the ball for a 1st down and eat up more clock and probably have a shot at a FG.

Instead, they go 3 and out and leave 2:24 on the clock for the Ravens to drive, score and win. I think it was a good call, but whether they run or pass it, the offense has to move the chains.

Up by 4 with 2:42 left and the ball in Ben's hands on 1st and 10. BEST SITUATION I COULD HAVE WANTED. Offense has got to close that game out and didnt.

JayC
11-07-2011, 11:14 PM
last week lebeau was my game ball. this week he's the goat. flacco had all day and average joe going 92 yards like it was nothing was pathetic. did our heads get too big on d after the pats game? i think so

Austin87
11-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Goes out to our 3rd down defense.

suitanim
11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
There are a lot of good points being made in this thread.

Blaming Tomlin ain't one of 'em...

tube517
11-09-2011, 10:31 AM
There are a lot of good points being made in this thread.

Blaming Tomlin ain't one of 'em...

That's why he should be fired instead of blamed :chuckle: