PDA

View Full Version : Our Prevent Defense SUCKS !

katmandu
11-06-2011, 10:58 PM
What's with giving up the HUGE yardage at the end of nearly EVERY game ?

kmsteelerwr15
11-06-2011, 10:59 PM
That's why it's called the "Prevent you from winning" Defense

polamalubeast
11-06-2011, 11:00 PM
It was not Prevent defense.

The defense was atrocious in the 3rd down tonight.

X-Terminator
11-06-2011, 11:03 PM
They did not play prevent, they rushed 4 almost the entire time. They could not and did not make plays when it counted, and that's why they lost. Fucking unbelievable. That's a game you DO NOT lose when you have a team backed up on their 8 yard line with 2 and a half minutes to go. Ridiculous, and I just hope this doesn't send them into a tailspin like in 2009 after they lost to the Bungles for the sweep.

tube517
11-06-2011, 11:31 PM
3rd down defense was pitiful

steelerdude15
11-06-2011, 11:33 PM
The Steelers couldn't do anything on third down as far as I'm concerned. IMO that was the killer tonight. As for prevent defense, it doesn't work.... at all no matter who runs it.

oneforthetoe
11-07-2011, 01:44 AM
They did not play prevent, they rushed 4 almost the entire time. They could not and did not make plays when it counted, and that's why they lost. Fucking unbelievable. That's a game you DO NOT lose when you have a team backed up on their 8 yard line with 2 and a half minutes to go. Ridiculous, and I just hope this doesn't send them into a tailspin like in 2009 after they lost to the Bungles for the sweep.

Thank you. It is always the prevent when we lose. No, the third down d was our albatross tonight.

Steeldude
11-07-2011, 01:50 AM
it wasn't a prevent. it just looked that way because it was so poor. lebeau needs to be aggressive. we have all seen the passive defense. why not try and aggressive defense? at least you went down fighting.

The WH
11-07-2011, 05:27 AM
I am glad I didn't get to watch this game.

Just reading these threads about all the third down failures is enough to give me anxiety about it.

This game might actually be the game that keeps the Steelers out of the playoffs....even with a 12-4 or 13-3 record.

zulater
11-07-2011, 06:12 AM
it wasn't a prevent. it just looked that way because it was so poor. lebeau needs to be aggressive. we have all seen the passive defense. why not try and aggressive defense? at least you went down fighting.

I don't remember one corner blitz all game. I think we had about 4 of them the week before and they all helped disrupt the called play.

86WARD
11-07-2011, 06:52 AM
That's typical LeBeau defense. Third down defense was the obvious issue...

zulater
11-07-2011, 07:02 AM
That's typical LeBeau defense. Third down defense was the obvious issue...

We self corrected for the Patriots, there's no reason to believe that we can't do it again for the 3rd down defense if that's made a point of emphasis. I think we might have gotten a little too full of ourselves after the Pats game. Time to refocus and figure out how to fix the leaks.

BlastFurnace
11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
What's with giving up the HUGE yardage at the end of nearly EVERY game ?

How about the end of every half. Every time the Steelers get a big lead, I know LeBeau's defense is going to let the team right back into the game. It's extremely predictable. This team is incapable of stomping another team into the ground.

That is why it's laughable when people say their schedule is easy. The Steelers never make anything easy.

86WARD
11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
We self corrected for the Patriots, there's no reason to believe that we can't do it again for the 3rd down defense if that's made a point of emphasis. I think we might have gotten a little too full of ourselves after the Pats game. Time to refocus and figure out how to fix the leaks.

Should've been self corrected last night...

Could be the only positive note that comes from this game...glaring weakness.

zulater
11-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Should've been self corrected last night...

Could be the only positive note that comes from this game...glaring weakness.

A healthy Woodley and Harrison in concert, will go a long way towards correcting it. Of course that probably wont happen until after the bye.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 01:15 PM

Just reading these threads about all the third down failures is enough to give me anxiety about it.

This game might actually be the game that keeps the Steelers out of the playoffs....even with a 12-4 or 13-3 record.

Uh.... If we miss the playoffs with a 12-4 or 13-3 record I will be furious...

zulater
11-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Uh.... If we miss the playoffs with a 12-4 or 13-3 record I will be furious...

I'd be amazed. :lol: Seriously 12-4 has never missed getting a team into the playoffs. Never!

Honestly I don't think we would miss at 11-5. 10-6 could be tricky though?

tube517
11-07-2011, 01:21 PM

I doubt a 12-4 record will miss the playoffs. Plus, there is so much parity, I don't see any dominant team in the AFC right now.

steeldevil
11-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I bet 11-5 would get us a wildcard, and 10-6 might. The AFC West and South won't get a wildcard I would be willing to bet. Unless the Titans can turn it around. We really need to beat the Bengals BOTH times.

zulater
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I bet 11-5 would get us a wildcard, and 10-6 might. The AFC West and South won't get a wildcard I would be willing to bet. Unless the Titans can turn it around. We really need to beat the Bengals BOTH times.

Honestly a split with the Bengals would probably be enough if they also were to get swept by the Ravens. But I'd sooner get the sweep and cheer them on against the Ravens.

86WARD
11-07-2011, 02:01 PM
A healthy Woodley and Harrison in concert, will go a long way towards correcting it. Of course that probably wont happen until after the bye.

Maybe...

It's an uphill battle any way. It has to be corrected no matter who is in there or who they are playing.

SteelGhost
11-07-2011, 08:04 PM

QFT

Psycho Ward 86
11-07-2011, 08:36 PM

lol...?

Count Steeler
11-08-2011, 05:18 AM
The second to last series, the defense was fired up and got rid of Flacco on a 3 and out. They came out with no intensity on the last drive and could not find a way to put pressure on Flacco. Simply, the Ravens were looking for the inside stunts all night long and they were very successful in stopping us. I don't think we sent any corner blitzes, except Troy's attempt. He was 1 step shy of a strip sack.

Woodley would have made a difference. Still don't have any confidence in the Ratbirds, don't think they are a good team until they have to play us and everyone gets fired up.

The WH
11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
lol...? The Steelers have no reason to lost anymore than 1 more game.

Even at 11-5 they are screwed.

SteelerEmpire
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
If we solve the "Gay" and the Red Zone problem, AND build on what we've gained so far this season in a normal manner as opposed to regressing, none of the other 31 teams could stop us. We're that close.

katmandu
11-08-2011, 08:44 PM
If we solve the "Gay" and the Red Zone problem, AND build on what we've gained so far this season in a normal manner as opposed to regressing, none of the other 31 teams could stop us. We're that close.I would agree IF Dick Lebeu could solve the 3rd and long BS!