PDA

View Full Version : Defense

polamalubeast
11-06-2011, 10:55 PM
UN-CLUTCH

The Ravens were well on 14/21 3rd down and it was the end of game........

Terrible heartbreaking defeat.

I'm destroyed right now.

steel9guy
11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Me too. That was terrible.

Carolina Steelers
11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah this hurts. 92yd drive to win the game, I didnt think Flacco had it in him, but he proved me wrong man our D didnt show up on that drive.

Devilsdancefloor
11-06-2011, 10:58 PM
im speechless

X-Terminator
11-06-2011, 11:00 PM
And of course, I'm sure Arians and the offense will be blamed for leaving points on the field again. :coffee:

Absolutely inexcusable to allow a 92-yard TD drive in 2 and a half minutes on your home turf. Damn defense just cost them a division title and they will now have to basically win every game in order to make the playoffs. 11-5 may not even be enough to get in.

fansince'76
11-06-2011, 11:01 PM
And of course, I'm sure Arians and the offense will be blamed for leaving points on the field again. :coffee:

Absolutely inexcusable to allow a 92-yard TD drive in 2 and a half minutes on your home turf. Damn defense just cost them a division title and they will now have to basically win every game in order to make the playoffs. 11-5 may not even be enough to get in.

Gotta love the way the crowd just clammed up at the end too.

polamalubeast
11-06-2011, 11:01 PM
4 turnovers create for the defense this year

This is the worst in the history of the NFL.

polamalubeast
11-06-2011, 11:03 PM

The Steelers will be in the playoffs if they have a record of 11-5.

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2011, 11:04 PM

Yep, inexcusable. Where was the f'ing pressure????? Flacco had all day to throw on that whole drive. LeBeau and Lake need to come up with something new on 3rd down because what they're doing isn't working.

X-Terminator
11-06-2011, 11:06 PM
The Steelers will be in the playoffs if they have a record of 11-5.

Doubtful, especially if the Bengals and Jets keep winning, plus you can't count out the Bills, and you know the Pats* will be there at the end. I don't think I need to tell anybody how huge next week's game is.

pepsyman1
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM

You're right on both counts. That defensive let up at the end of the game IS inexcusable, but at the same time we've got more of the same. Almost 400 yards of offense and only 20 points to show for it. That makes it far harder than it should be.

The defense is what pisses us all off though. The Ravens only punted twice all night.

steelpride12
11-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Too many good teams in the NFL and sadly we are stuck in a division full of good teams. With that we go from 1st to 3rd in the divison. We HAVE to sweep the Bungles and the Jets need to keep losing and the Rats do as well if we even want to see a Wild Card.

polamalubeast
11-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Doubtful, especially if the Bengals and Jets keep winning, plus you can't count out the Bills, and you know the Pats will be there at the end. I don't think I need to tell anybody how huge next week's game is.

The Bengals played two times against the Steelers and Ravens.

The Patriots, Bills and Jets are still a another game to confront each other

It's impossible to have missed the playoffs 11-5.

X-Terminator
11-06-2011, 11:10 PM
You're right on both counts. That defensive let up at the end of the game IS inexcusable, but at the same time we've got more of the same. Almost 400 yards of offense and only 20 points to show for it. That makes it far harder than it should be.

The defense is what pisses us all off though. The Ravens only punted twice all night.

The offense scored 14 points late in the 4th to give them the lead. So how, exactly, is it their fault the defense completely shit the bed...again?

steeldevil
11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Pathetic defense, absolutely pathetic. They stopped the Rats about 2-3 times the whole game.... THE RATSSS

pepsyman1
11-06-2011, 11:30 PM
The offense scored 14 points late in the 4th to give them the lead. So how, exactly, is it their fault the defense completely shit the bed...again?

Not their fault at all. Totally agree. Just aggravated that we didn't get enough points on the board to have a lead until 5 minutes left in the game. We got away with putting limited points on the board last week, we didn't this week.

And YES, you're right the defense shit the bed. They gave up scoring drives to end both halves. Really just like 2009 all over again.

O'Malley
11-06-2011, 11:31 PM

This^

Edman
11-06-2011, 11:35 PM
You can't shit on Arians and the Offense. They did their job. The only one you can blame is David Johnson.

This heartbreaker is ALL on the Defense. Coaches and Players. Period. Cut and Dry. Holding the Ravens O in check, then surrender a 92 yard drive. No excuse at all for that shit. None.