PDA

View Full Version : How Big Will Ray Lewis's Fine Be for his INTENTIONAL Hit to the Head on Ward Be ??

katmandu
11-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Flat out INTENTIONAL !! NO DOUBT !!

He had the time to make the decision and react!

The replay shows he actually AIMED for Hine's head!

I say $25,000.

Should be Suspended at least a game IMHO!

Count Steeler
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Fine yes. Suspension, no way. Actually even the fine will probably be excused away.

Animal Mother
11-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Utter horsecrap. Lewis will not be fined or anything. Unreal no penalty was called.

tube517
11-06-2011, 09:05 PM
THey will destroy the tape. F Goodhell

Angina
11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Did they check Hines for stab wounds?

stillers4me
11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
What fine?

steeldevil
11-06-2011, 09:10 PM
lol at no flag on that one but a flag on us.

Can the Steelers sue the NFL? Because at this point I say do it...

salamander
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Lewis won't get fined.

katmandu
11-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Lewis won't get fined.Bet your ass Ryan will get a hefty fine!

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I don't even care about the fine. Fuck the officials for not throwing a flag on that play. It was a CLEAR shot to the helmet with his helmet. They don't call that shit and yet they throw a flag on Clark when he hits a receiver with his shoulder in the CHEST!

steelpride12
11-06-2011, 11:11 PM
To be honest I want to see him fined, but in no way should it be. This is the pussy NFL league and that was not a hardcore, hit to kill shot.

pepsyman1
11-06-2011, 11:25 PM
To be honest I want to see him fined, but in no way should it be. This is the pussy NFL league and that was not a hardcore, hit to kill shot.

As many of the Steelers have said, we just want it to be equal treatment and obviously it still isn't. Especially when they are hitting Steelers.

O'Malley
11-06-2011, 11:30 PM
No fine Collinsworth didn't say there should be a fine..... But he did say there should be a fine on the Clark hit so he'll be fined... It's so funny I've seen this all season the Ravens a allowed to hit and have no recource... The Steelers have to hug them to the ground and appologize or it's a penalty.. Complete horseshit for sure... I do agree none of these hits should draw a flag, but if they're flagging the Steelers they damn sure better flag the Ravens, it should go both ways..

NCSteeler
11-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Fuck a fine, game lost . Flag should have been thrown!

BigNastyDefense
11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
A flag should have been thrown. If the NFL wants to get rid of the helmet-to-helmet hits, then any and all need to be flagged. We ended up punting on that drive when we should have gotten a 15 yard penalty.

The way this shit is called, it's just utterly ridiculous. For fuck's sake, either call the shit or let them play.

As for a fine, I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't one because Lewis hit a Steeler....and not just any Steeler....a guy who broke a LB's jaw with a block a few years ago...so it's okay because Lewis was defending himself...because of Ward catches it and goes forward....he'd have the balls to try and run through Lewis...and Stabbit Ray was just defending himself.

tihmtahm
11-07-2011, 02:50 PM

I say $25,000.

Should be Suspended at least a game IMHO!

katmandu (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/member.php/718-katmandu) ... You can expect to receive your fine by Wednesday for openly and publicly complaining against the Refs and the NFL. If you speak out against Lewis you might as well be talking about Brady... and if you talk about Brady, well that's as good as suggesting Goodell sucks engorged burro balls... and that my friend is why you will be fined.

oneforthetoe
11-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Better question: how many draft picks for the .......?

SteelGhost
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
No fine Collinsworth didn't say there should be a fine..... But he did say there should be a fine on the Clark hit so he'll be fined... It's so funny I've seen this all season the Ravens a allowed to hit and have no recource... The Steelers have to hug them to the ground and appologize or it's a penalty.. Complete horseshit for sure... I do agree none of these hits should draw a flag, but if they're flagging the Steelers they damn sure better flag the Ravens, it should go both ways..

What he says doesn't count, he's a Steelers hater, lol.

Psycho Ward 86
11-07-2011, 08:20 PM
wow, calm the heck down guys, everytime we get fined it's a riot because they didnt deserve it and everytime someone on another team deserves a fine because of something they did against us it's so personal.

steel striker
11-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I could care less about the fine but, since Clark got flagged for it. So should Ray Lewis but, that's neither here or there.

O'Malley
11-07-2011, 10:37 PM
What he says doesn't count, he's a Steelers hater, lol.

Seems every time an announcer(doesn't matter which one) says that hit will be a fine it is, this is how I think Goodell hands out fines......

katmandu
11-08-2011, 12:32 AM
katmandu (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/member.php/718-katmandu) ... You can expect to receive your fine by Wednesday for openly and publicly complaining against the Refs and the NFL. If you speak out against Lewis you might as well be talking about Brady... and if you talk about Brady, well that's as good as suggesting Goodell sucks engorged burro balls... and that my friend is why you will be fined.LMAO!

I have a PayPal account open accepting Donations right now! :thumbsup:

katmandu
11-08-2011, 12:34 AM
BTW, anyone have a Video clip of this hit On-Line yet ???

katmandu
11-08-2011, 12:36 AM
BTW, anyone have a Video clip of this hit On-Line yet ???Pay particular attention between 0:37 - 0:42. Pause at second 42! Very Clear!

Watch how Lewis dips his head and aims at Ward's head. Indisputable evidence.

http://youtu.be/GeLKsV6FGpg

Here's a couple more videos....

http://youtu.be/HmyhcozGRr4

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CEQQtwIwBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DC3I cA53nX7M&ei=ws24TtqWJOTi2AX92OW3Bw&usg=AFQjCNHPKIyEYs-Cfdt-hwHeLl5jarQaPg

suitanim
11-08-2011, 05:24 AM
We'll find out today. My guess is zero dollars...

zulater
11-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Lewis will be fined. (along with clark and James Harrison) But what good does it do the Steelers? It wont give us the first and goal inside the 10 that we were entitled to had the ref been doing his job right at the time.

stillers4me
11-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Lewis will be fined. (along with clark and James Harrison) But what good does it do the Steelers? It wont give us the first and goal inside the 10 that we were entitled to had the ref been doing his job right at the time.

^^^^^^^^^^A VERY BIG THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

And speaking of the refs.....I haven't seen this mentioned here. Can someone explain why the Rats were given a 1st and 10 after the holding call that brought back Rice's TD run at the very beginning of the game?? Shouldn't that have been a 1st and 20?

vader29
11-08-2011, 08:00 AM

And speaking of the refs.....I haven't seen this mentioned here. Can someone explain why the Rats were given a 1st and 10 after the holding call that brought back Rice's TD run at the very beginning of the game?? Shouldn't that have been a 1st and 20?

I wondered about that also and was throwing a few f-bombs at the refs at the time and wondered why no one on the Steeler sidelines were complaining so I looked it up yesterday and the rule is a 10 yard penalty from the spot of the foul which was the 34 so it just moved them back to the original line of scrimmage at the 24.

venom
11-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Warn and Admonish

steeldevil
11-08-2011, 10:35 AM

No, its 10 yards from the spot of the foul. The holding was 10 yards downfield, so the ball is moved back 10 yards to the original LOS.

tihmtahm
11-08-2011, 11:39 AM
wow, calm the heck down guys, everytime we get fined it's a riot because they didnt deserve it and everytime someone on another team deserves a fine because of something they did against us it's so personal.

I'm all for the rule... IF it's carried out across the board for every player. Seems like there's a bit of referee head turning when it happens on the field against the Steelers. That non-call in question against Lewis was arguably a game changer.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm all for the rule... IF it's carried out across the board for every player. Seems like there's a bit of referee head turning when it happens on the field against the Steelers. That non-call in question against Lewis was arguably a game changer.

Yep. This is why this crap pisses me off. The "rules" are not called equally. The helmet to helmet by Lewis was OBVIOUS and yet it was ignored by the officials. We lost Hines for the rest of the game (and possibly this week too), lost the catch (after it was somehow overturned by replay) and killed the drive, all because of that play.

If you're gonna "let them play" then let BOTH teams play equally.

Angina
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM

Yep, and nothing arguable about it.

fansince'76
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
I want the flag and the resulting first and goal we should've been awarded when it happened.

O'Malley
11-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I want the flag and the resulting first and goal we should've been awarded when it happened.

This^, also Ray Lewis was obviously head hunting... This is twice in two years we lost Hines due to a helmet to helmet hit with no flag against the Rats...

steelreserve
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM

I'm glad someone else sees it the same way I do. I'm a bit concerned that we've gotten to the point of calling for fines on other people for this kind of thing. It signifies acceptance, or complacency about the helmet-to-helmet bullshit and Goodell's pussification of the game. To summarize:

"Stop giving those bullshit fines to Steelers players" = good

"Stop giving those bullshit fines to anyone" = better

"Give more of those bullshit fines to our opponents" = missing the point. How can you argue they shouldn't fine us or anyone else, then?

See how it feeds on itself? A really clever cycle they've got set up, where rage at your opponent makes you momentarily forget the bigger picture of ruining the game with bullshit rules.

O'Malley
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm glad someone else sees it the same way I do. I'm a bit concerned that we've gotten to the point of calling for fines on other people for this kind of thing. It signifies acceptance, or complacency about the helmet-to-helmet bullshit and Goodell's pussification of the game. To summarize:

"Give more of those bullshit fines to our opponents" = missing the point. How can you argue they shouldn't fine us or anyone else, then?

See how it feeds on itself? A really clever cycle they've got set up, where rage at your opponent makes you momentarily forget the bigger picture of ruining the game with bullshit rules.

I agree these are just tackles, but If their going to call them one way they've got to call them the other way.. That is what I think everybody is saying... I don't think anybody in this forum would disagree that Goodell has ruined football, and taken football out of football.. I think everybody would agree that these rules are bullshit... The problem is the rules are only being enforced one way... The Clark hit was IMO textbook he seperated the ball from the receiver... But it drew a flag and led to points.. The Ray lewis hit on Hines was helmet to helmet and by the book should have drawn a flag... I have no problem if this is a no call as long as the Steelers can hit back the same way, and they obviuosly can't... That's were the problem is not the hits themselves..

fansince'76
11-08-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't think anybody in this forum would disagree that Goodell has ruined football, and taken football out of football.

I can think of at least one person who would disagree quite vehemently. :chuckle:

zulater
11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Yep. This is why this crap pisses me off. The "rules" are not called equally. The helmet to helmet by Lewis was OBVIOUS and yet it was ignored by the officials. We lost Hines for the rest of the game (and possibly this week too), lost the catch (after it was somehow overturned by replay) and killed the drive, all because of that play.

If you're gonna "let them play" then let BOTH teams play equally.

I think losing the catch on a replay overturn pissed me off as much as anything. I swear they should institute a new rule wherein if you challenge a play and a personal foul against your team is observed on a replay review and that pf factored into the outcome of the play, then not only should the challenge be disallowed, but the pf should be enforced as well.

Harbaugh is a such a piece of trash that Hines could have been fighting for his life on the field, and he still would have thrown that challenge flag and whined if it had gone against him.

zulater
11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
I can think of at least one person who would disagree quite vehemently. :chuckle:

Does it start with C, end with I, and rhyme with needy?

:chuckle:

O'Malley
11-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Okay maybe one..

tihmtahm
11-08-2011, 05:30 PM

I totally agree with you that the rule sucks ass and takes away from the game... But since it is a rule now, it needs to be an every time thing. Not just whenever the refs feel like calling it.

katmandu
11-08-2011, 08:55 PM
What day does the NFL announce Fines ??

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Lewis got fined $20k and Ryan Clark $40k for the hits. I am surprised that Lewis got fined, but not that he got fined less than Clark. Big time star bias going on here.

Godfather
11-09-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm surprised a cheap shot on a Steeler got fined at all. Baby steps I guess.

katmandu
11-10-2011, 01:15 AM

I say $25,000.

Should be Suspended at least a game IMHO!The Big Asshole should got more than a measly $20Gs! That's like $20 to you and me!

GBMelBlount
11-10-2011, 05:45 AM
I think losing the catch on a replay overturn pissed me off as much as anything. .

I was livid at the overturn as well...and I thought the same thing on the calling of a personal foul on a replay.