PDA

View Full Version : Ravens safety Ed Reed dares Steelers to throw deep

Galax Steeler
11-06-2011, 06:05 AM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens are perpetually upbeat, mostly because of the presence of hard-hitting safety Ed Reed.

"Do these guys look uptight?" Reed asked while pointing to a scattering of pumped-up Ravens laughing it up before their final practice in pads in preparation for their rematch with the Steelers today at Heinz Field.

The Ravens are a reflection of their leaders -- Reed and linebacker Ray Lewis -- two former Miami (Fla.) stars still full of swagger. They carry a lot of weight in a locker room full of experienced, pressure-tested veterans.

Reed has been tested often by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. He made the Steelers pay with two interceptions in the Ravens' 35-7 victory on Sept. 11.

Read more: Ravens safety Ed Reed dares Steelers to throw deep - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765848.html#ixzz1cvU3JywS

BlacknGoldBabe
11-06-2011, 06:12 AM
IMO, the Steelers beat the Cheats by finding a way to exploit their D. They'll get Reed & the rats too!

suitanim
11-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Be careful what you wish for...

Crow-Magnon
11-06-2011, 06:17 AM
IMO, the Steelers beat the Cheats by finding a way to exploit their D. They'll get Reed & the rats too!

True, but the Pats D this year is atrocious. I think Pittsburgh took down NE more by stopping Brady and Welker, etc.

Galax Steeler
11-06-2011, 06:19 AM

As much as I hope this is true you always have to be aware where Reed is at all times he seems to find a way to get a pick on us every game.

BlacknGoldBabe
11-06-2011, 06:21 AM
True, Galax. Ben better have his "rat radar" on.

Edman
11-06-2011, 07:35 AM
As much as I hope this is true you always have to be aware where Reed is at all times he seems to find a way to get a pick on us every game.

Wow, Seriously? Up until Week 1 Ed Reed has continually disappeared against the Steelers. Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata have been the real threats on the Ravens.

Ben just needs to take better care of the football and yes, keep his "Rat Radar" on.

Count Steeler
11-06-2011, 07:39 AM
O Line needs to keep Ben clean. If Ben has time, Reed will be running in circles.

Galax Steeler
11-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Wow, Seriously? Up until Week 1 Ed Reed has continually disappeared against the Steelers. Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata have been the real threats on the Ravens.

Ben just needs to take better care of the football and yes, keep his "Rat Radar" on.

I guess I shouldn't have said every game but he seems to make his presence felt in every game we play them.

tube517
11-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Ed Reed is always a threat but where was he when Antonio Brown made his helmet catch?

Count Steeler
11-06-2011, 07:47 AM
He can't cover Wallace and Brown at the same time. Hope the Steelers lay a severe beating on these jerks.

SteelerEmpire
11-06-2011, 08:35 AM
He can't cover Wallace and Brown at the same time. Hope the Steelers lay a severe beating on these jerks.

...and Cotchery

stillers4me
11-06-2011, 08:38 AM
And then he has to keep his head on a swivel wondering if Hines is going to lay him out. :lol:

SteelerEmpire
11-06-2011, 08:43 AM
And then he has to keep his head on a swivel wondering iof Hines is going to lay him out. :lol:

Oh yea. He gets 2 picks on Ben in a "rare" game Ben doesn't even show up in and now he thinks he owns Ben. In fact, I've seen Wallace get behind their defense on MORE THAN ONE occasion... but Ben over threw him. Reed is a good safety, but he himself can't cover Wallace and is just jaw jacking on this one.

steelerdude15
11-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Ed Reed can be beat on single covered...

Count Steeler
11-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Just trying to psyche himself up, because if Ben gets time, he is going to look foolish running after Wallace, Brown, Miller, Ward and Cotchery. I would love to see Miller or Ward drop a shoulder on him and send him into tomorrow. You know, a legal hit, not this cut block shit.

tihmtahm
11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
If we pressure Flacco the Ravens will go down like a cheap whore in the Big Easy!

tube517
11-06-2011, 11:38 AM
And the Steelers dare you to leave a DB or OLB unassigned at the LOS. Ratbirds need to account for Troy at all times. So, Ed, you ain't the only All Pro safety on the field.

GodfatherofSoul
11-06-2011, 12:03 PM
God I hate the Ravens. All their stupid trash talking to the media. They've been getting their asses handed to them for years now, they win one game and think they're the shit now. I want to see Ray Lewis crying on the side lines again!

steel striker
11-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I have seen Reed beat several times this year but, the media never talks about that. They just talk about how old & slow the steelers are. If Ben gets time I think Reed will see how fast Wallance & Brown are.