PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda out with knee problems, Kapinos Re-signed

Craic
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Third time in what, four years? years. Supposedly we just signed the previous punter again.

If this is true, then it is time to say goodbye.

The WH
11-05-2011, 03:33 PM
But he's soooooooo dreamy.

Count Steeler
11-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Terrible news. Thought the doctors got it right this time. If true, his time is done. What a shame. Hate to see player's careers ended like this, but it happens so often.

Craic
11-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Well, it's now confirmed via Steelers text message.

Kapinos has been resigned.

tube517
11-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Mrs Tube is gonna be pissed.

Carolina Steelers
11-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Man what a shame, its time for us to find a punter that can stay healthy. As he ever played 1 solid yr without injury?

HometownGal
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM

Yes he is. Whatsa matter - jealous? ;)

If this is indeed true, though I hate to think it much less say it - DSep should be released and we forge on ahead with Kapinos who did very well in relief of Dan. It's a crying shame to even think of such a young man's career being over but no one is going to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

86WARD
11-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Put on IR. lol...Good. It's only ever been good luck when he's been put on IR.

86WARD
11-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Time for Danny to go...

stillers4me
11-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Everytime he goes on IR , we go to the Superbowl. And he's not dreamy.

He's smokin' hot.

The WH
11-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Yes he is. Whatsa matter - jealous? ;)Nah, I'm better lookin.

fansince'76
11-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Time for Danny to go...

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Guy just can't stay healthy. Thank God Kapinos was still available and we don't have to settle for someone like Berger or even worse, Ernster.

Steelers place Sepulveda on IR, sign Kapinos (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_765823.html?_s_icmp=NetworkHeadlines)

86WARD
11-05-2011, 05:05 PM
I like the sounds of it so far...Super Bowl? lol...

SteelerFanInStl
11-05-2011, 05:34 PM
The dude is cursed unfortunately. Time to completely wash our hands of him and get someone that we can count on. I also hope that it's the last time that we use a 4th round pick on a punter.

Steeldude
11-05-2011, 05:36 PM
i hope the steelers don't waste another 4th round pick on a punter in 2012

7willBheaven
11-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Poor guy....I like Sep I really do...but "best of luck in your future endeavors"!

Count Steeler
11-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Seems to be a year of transition around the Pittsburgh Steelers. Good thing we have some young 'uns ready to fill in.

Smith, Sepulveda, (injuries). Farrior, Hampton?, Ward (if we get 7), Lebeau, Arians.

JayC
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
adios amigo. we love ya but the organization won't pay for a punter that gets on IR every year again

Butch
11-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Guy just can't stay healthy. Thank God Kapinos was still available and we don't have to settle for someone like Berger or even worse, Ernster.

Steelers place Sepulveda on IR, sign Kapinos (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_765823.html?_s_icmp=NetworkHeadlines)

Oh man they signed Kapinos??? They musta overlooked Berger, dab nabbit!!! We need Berger!!! Bring Back Mitch!!!

X-Terminator
11-05-2011, 08:19 PM
The dude is cursed unfortunately. Time to completely wash our hands of him and get someone that we can count on. I also hope that it's the last time that we use a 4th round pick on a punter.

Instead, they'll draft a guy who more than likely will never play a down in the NFL, like the majority of 4th round picks.

tube517
11-05-2011, 09:26 PM

Ernster is a punting deity. :chuckle:

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Merchant
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Oh my god.. Just cut this guy already. He's a PUNTER for crying out loud.

steel9guy
11-05-2011, 09:55 PM
He's a PUNTER for crying out loud.[/QUOTE]

haha, Shoulda kept Kapinos to begin with, I've always liked Sepulveda but this is ridiculous.

steelerdude15
11-05-2011, 11:44 PM

I say the Steelers go for a punter in the first round. :chuckle:

Craic
11-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Instead, they'll draft a guy who more than likely will never play a down in the NFL, like the majority of 4th round picks.
LOL, my thoughts exactly.

As far as I'm concerned, picks 4- whatever, are the picks to take flyers on. Go for a guy from a small school that has humongous upside, but no one knows and he hasn't had a chance to show his abilities at that level (Brown) or someone who may be a work in progress but will turn out well, hopefully (Taylor). After the crappy punting we had before Sep, I have no problem taking him in the fourth round. Heck, with WR, QB, RB, LB all filled with guys that aren't going anywhere but up for quite some time, plus only two position on the O line that in all reality, will be looked at, plus a NT, I don't know why we WOULDNT take a punter in the fourth round that has the ability to turn around field position with one boot of the ball, and do it as consistently as Sep. has done. He was one of the top ten punters in the league. With our defense, that is an important thing. That extra 5 to 10 yards that he would get punting could very well be all our D. needed to keep teams out of the endzone.

Steeldude
11-06-2011, 01:58 AM

IMO, i would rather take shots at positions of more value than a punter. perhaps they will pick another willie colon, aaron smith, ike taylor or deshea townsend.

X-Terminator
11-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Oh my god.. Just cut this guy already. He's a PUNTER for crying out loud.

Did Sep ask for bad knees? And being a PUNTER means jack squat when it comes to injuries like this. Bad luck doesn't care what position you play, and Sep has had the worst. His career is likely over now, and that's a shame for such a good guy.

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

As far as I'm concerned, picks 4- whatever, are the picks to take flyers on. Go for a guy from a small school that has humongous upside, but no one knows and he hasn't had a chance to show his abilities at that level (Brown) or someone who may be a work in progress but will turn out well, hopefully (Taylor). After the crappy punting we had before Sep, I have no problem taking him in the fourth round. Heck, with WR, QB, RB, LB all filled with guys that aren't going anywhere but up for quite some time, plus only two position on the O line that in all reality, will be looked at, plus a NT, I don't know why we WOULDNT take a punter in the fourth round that has the ability to turn around field position with one boot of the ball, and do it as consistently as Sep. has done. He was one of the top ten punters in the league. With our defense, that is an important thing. That extra 5 to 10 yards that he would get punting could very well be all our D. needed to keep teams out of the endzone.

IMO, i would rather take shots at positions of more value than a punter. perhaps they will pick another willie colon, aaron smith, ike taylor or deshea townsend.

I didn't have a problem with the pick then and I don't now, and precisely for the reasons Preacher stated. And I cannot understand why so many people have had such a huge problem with it given that it was just a 4th round pick, when most guys drafted then end up working in the drive thru at McDonald's. Yet some of you act like it was a 1st or 2nd rounder. It isn't often that you draft a Taylor or Brown or A. Smith or Townsend, so drafting a guy who could come in and help right away in a position that has more importance than most think isn't such a bad idea at that position, IMO.

Austin87
11-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Poor guy. Best of luck to him.

Galax Steeler
11-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Did Sep ask for bad knees? And being a PUNTER means jack squat when it comes to injuries like this. Bad luck doesn't care what position you play, and Sep has had the worst. His career is likely over now, and that's a shame for such a good guy.

I didn't have a problem with the pick then and I don't now, and precisely for the reasons Preacher stated. And I cannot understand why so many people have had such a huge problem with it given that it was just a 4th round pick, when most guys drafted then end up working in the drive thru at McDonald's. Yet some of you act like it was a 1st or 2nd rounder. It isn't often that you draft a Taylor or Brown or A. Smith or Townsend, so drafting a guy who could come in and help right away in a position that has more importance than most think isn't such a bad idea at that position, IMO.

I have to agree with XT on this one it is just a fourth round pick so what is the big deal.

GBMelBlount
11-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Mrs Tube is gonna be pissed.

Yep....and I am sure he wasn't just Mrs. Tube's "Steak." :grin:

There were will no doubt be many sad female Steeler fans...

LLT
11-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes he is. Whatsa matter - jealous? ;)

If this is indeed true, though I hate to think it much less say it - DSep should be released and we forge on ahead with Kapinos who did very well in relief of Dan. It's a crying shame to even think of such a young man's career being over but no one is going to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Totally agree...this might be the end.

I can tell you from his interview that Daniel loves being a Pittsburgh Steeler. He "gets" it, as far as what it means to have had the opportunity to be here...BUT if Daniel is done, he will be okay. He doesnt define himself by his profession or his accomplishments...but rather by the kind of man he is to others, and by his faith.

If Daniel never dresses again...he is worthy of our appreciation for being the kind of athlete and person that all players should be.

I have nothing but respect for the man.

Butch
11-06-2011, 09:02 AM
As a 4th round pick he's performed better than 2nd round pick Limas Sweed.

Tough break that he's injured again, hopefully Kapinos well prove to be an asset to the kicking game as we move forward...if not we can always see if Mitch is interested in coming back to work.

Butch
11-06-2011, 09:06 AM

I can tell you from his interview that Daniel loves being a Pittsburgh Steeler. He "gets" it, as far as what it means to have had the opportunity to be here...BUT if Daniel is done, he will be okay. He doesnt define himself by his profession or his accomplishments...but rather by the kind of man he is to others, and by his faith.

If Daniel never dresses again...he is worthy of our appreciation for being the kind of athlete and person that all players should be.

Great post!!!

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2011, 09:44 AM

The point is that you don't need to use a 4th round pick to get a good punter. Most aren't even drafted or at best are taken in the 6th or 7th round.

Nothing against Sep but if you look realistically at his stats, he might have been in the top 10 one year of his career but he hasn't been top 10 overall, let alone a Pro Bowler like he was expected to be when drafted. Even when healthy he was a disappointment IMO.

LLT
11-06-2011, 10:27 AM
The point is that you don't need to use a 4th round pick to get a good punter. Most aren't even drafted or at best are taken in the 6th or 7th round.

Nothing against Sep but if you look realistically at his stats, he might have been in the top 10 one year of his career but he hasn't been top 10 overall, let alone a Pro Bowler like he was expected to be when drafted. Even when healthy he was a disappointment IMO.

His knee problems have always hindered what could have been a VERY productive draft pick. We got a glimpse of just how good he was last year before the injury.

I have no problem picking a player like Sep in the 4th round because you can NEVER predict or plan on things like injuries. If he was an out and out bust because of a lack of talent or lack of motivation, then I would agree that he was a bust....but injuries are not considerations when determining if a player was worth a draft pick.

Count Steeler
11-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Absent the injuries, Sep was a great punter. And he could tackle.

86WARD
11-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Nothing wrong with the pick at the time...even to this day. He's been one of the more productive picks for the Steelers in the 4th round. Their picks have been down right horrendous in Round 4. Gibson, McBean, Hills, Orien Harris, Fred Gibson, Colon, Danny Farmer, Nkwenti...with the exception of Colon, straight garbage. Taylor and Foote Ali's 4th rounders but for argument sake, Steelers miss roughly 70% of the time in the 4th round.

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2011, 11:30 AM
His knee problems have always hindered what could have been a VERY productive draft pick. We got a glimpse of just how good he was last year before the injury.

I have no problem picking a player like Sep in the 4th round because you can NEVER predict or plan on things like injuries. If he was an out and out bust because of a lack of talent or lack of motivation, then I would agree that he was a bust....but injuries are not considerations when determining if a player was worth a draft pick.

It's true, we'll never know how good of a player he could have been and it's unfortunate. Last year he was good, but not great. I wouldn't put him in the category of a guy like Lechler.

I'm not bagging on Sep. I have nothing against him and thank him for his time with the Steelers.

I really have nothing against the pick. I thought that he was going to be great. I guess I'm more disappointed than anything.

7willBheaven
11-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Very well said.

Right on as usual LLT

LLT
11-06-2011, 11:39 AM
It's true, we'll never know how good of a player he could have been and it's unfortunate. Last year he was good, but not great. I wouldn't put him in the category of a guy like Lechler.

I'm not bagging on Sep. I have nothing against him and thank him for his time with the Steelers.

I really have nothing against the pick. I thought that he was going to be great. I guess I'm more disappointed than anything.

Exactly...that is where I stand also. Very dissapointed for him.

XxKnightxX
11-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I remember when I made a thread about Keeping Kapinos and moving on. The Steelers Re signed DSep. Well I win :D