PDA

View Full Version : Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens

LLT
11-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens
By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 5, 2011

Casey Hampton was shocked by the first play of the game when the Steelers played at Baltimore in Week 1.

No, not that Ray Rice broke off the longest run against the Steelers' defense in more than two years, but that he found himself lying on his back mere seconds after he engaged with center Matt Birk.

Hampton was cut to the ground by backside guard Marshal Yanda, leaving a gaping hole for Rice to tear off a tone-setting, 36-yard run.

Hampton had his legs cut out from under him by Yanda nine more times during the Ravens' 35-7 win. Those blocks helped Baltimore rush for a season-high 170 yards, and Rice's 107-yard day was the first time the Steelers had given up 100 or more yards on the ground in more than 50 games.

Read more: Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765693.html#ixzz1coklVXE4

Count Steeler
11-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Eat em alive Casey. Birk for Dinner and Yanda for a snack.

Edman
11-05-2011, 08:32 AM
With Cut blocks, going for 2 while the game was out of hand, you can tell the Ravens really shot their load to beat the Steelers.

Set the tone for their season? Yes. Setting the tone for more disaster coming their way Sunday.

suitanim
11-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Legal?

Perhaps.

Tacky and classless?

You bet....but that's just the ratfilth....

Count Steeler
11-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I think if Ward gets a TD this week, Polamalu and Keisel should join him in the end zone and do a dance together. I know, they will probably get a penalty, but it would be hilarious.

SMR
11-05-2011, 01:19 PM
I think if Ward gets a TD this week, Polamalu and Keisel should join him in the end zone and do a dance together. I know, they will probably get a penalty, but it would be hilarious.

That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

smokin3000gt
11-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Legal?

Perhaps.

Tacky and classless?

I agree. It may be legal but I think it's cheap and should be against the rules. Too easy for knees to get twisted and bent.

Psycho Ward 86
11-05-2011, 04:18 PM
if we resolve that problem then im not nearly as afraid of ray rice

Shoes
11-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Legal?

Perhaps.

Tacky and classless?

.....and it starts with coach sniveler!

Crow-Magnon
11-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Yet when people have complained about Ward's blindsided blocks on the opposite side of the field of play, the stock Steelers fan's answer is....it's legal. Why is it a cheap shot when the Ravens do something, but not the Steelers?

X-Terminator
11-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Yet when people have complained about Ward's blindsided blocks on the opposite side of the field of play, the stock Steelers fan's answer is....it's legal. Why is it a cheap shot when the Ravens do something, but not the Steelers?

Because you can end a guy's career with a chop block. Why do you think defensive linemen hate them so much? A blind-side block may ring your bell or, at the worst, get your jaw broken, but it won't end your career. What I find more interesting is that one of them is legal and one of them isn't anymore, and it's the one that can do the most damage that is legal. More logic from the guys in the suits.

stillers4me
11-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Because you can end a guy's career with a chop block. Why do you think defensive linemen hate them so much? A blind-side block may ring your bell or, at the worst, get your jaw broken, but it won't end your career. What I find more interesting is that one of them is legal and one of them isn't anymore, and it's the one that can do the most damage that is legal. More logic from the guys in the suits.

Don't worry. Once we lay out a few of them tomorrow, they will write a new "Steelers rule".

steeldevil
11-05-2011, 08:25 PM

Well for one thing, a blindside block is an unplanned act by a single player and chop blocking is a preplanned strategy by an entire team/coaching staff.

The Ravens planned to be cheap and dirty, which doesn't surprise me.

Shoes
11-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Ward is one man who plays the same every game...like it or not. Players know to keep a look-out. The rats (O-line/team ), on the other hand are lead by a desperate egomaniac who will go beyond the limits to hurt Steeler players. I found this article interesting ....

http://craigwolfley.com/2011/11/sending-a-message/

steel9guy
11-05-2011, 09:42 PM
This article TICKS ME OFF!!! I HOPE WE WHIP THE CRAP OUT OF THE GAY RATS! GO CASEY!!!

wvsportsman
11-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Well for one thing, a blindside block is an unplanned act by a single player and chop blocking is a preplanned strategy by an entire team/coaching staff.

The Ravens planned to be cheap and dirty, which doesn't surprise me.

^^^^
This!

SMR
11-06-2011, 03:54 PM

Lame.