PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Woodley out vs. Ravens; Harrison likely to return

polamalubeast
11-04-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15989951/steelers-woodley-out-vs-ravens-harrison-likely-to-return

HometownGal
11-04-2011, 03:23 PM
It would be great to have James in the lineup against the Rats on Sunday but I'm in wait and see mode.

DSep having knee issues again? :doh: First I've heard of it.

steelerdude15
11-04-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm so excited if James is returning. :dance:

BigNastyDefense
11-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Everything that's come out of Tomlin's mouth is that Woodley would be a game time decision. I will believe my team's head coach.

tube517
11-04-2011, 04:52 PM
The LB unit has replaced the OL as the MASH unit. Looks like the Starting LB's will be : Worilds, Foote, Timmons, Harrison.

Count Steeler
11-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't start Harrison. I hope the doctors are not bowing to pressure. They better be sure Harrison is ready to go.

7willBheaven
11-04-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report.html

Shows from the official site Woodley is infact out. I would love for that to change come game day but I'm doubting it.

steel striker
11-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I know we all want Woodley to play but, I'd rather him miss this game then miss several games. Time for Worilds to step up his game. I hope Harrison is healthy enough for this and, I'm sure he is.

vader29
11-04-2011, 06:10 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/ezopzk.jpg

zulater
11-04-2011, 06:17 PM
It would be great to have James in the lineup against the Rats on Sunday but I'm in wait and see mode.

DSep having knee issues again? :doh: First I've heard of it.

Kapinos is still out there if needed. I think they may have made a mistake by getting rid of Jeremy in the first place. I've never seen a punter who's so injury prone as Sep.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Punter Daniel Sepulveda (knee) was a Friday addition to the injury report and is questionable.

Jason Worilds is expected to start for Woodley, with Lawrence Timmons moving back to inside linebacker due to Harrison's return. Larry Foote would start in place of Farrior.

wow, an awful lot of stories and implications all revolving around injuries this week. I will be watching Worilds, i still like him. Worilds, Timmons, Foote (possibly Farrior who said his calf actually feels good!), and Harrison is totally cool with me.

Harrison's probable return will help A TON, beyond just Harrison finally bringing pressure off the left side that we've been missing with Timmons out there. This compensates for the loss of Woodley by getting Harrison back, and our presence in the middle will be strong again with Timmons back in there. Farrior still has a good chance of playing from what he's been saying himself, and even if he doesnt, Foote played well against the patriots. I think Worilds will hold his own. Last season he got some nice pressure and hurries and yes even some garbage sacks in his VERY limited playing time. He was just a few flashes shy of how Woodley was his rookie season honestly, and look how Woodley turned out.

salamander
11-04-2011, 09:20 PM
IF we have to bring back Kapinos, at least we know he's more than capable of stepping in.

Chidi29
11-04-2011, 10:24 PM
As much as I'd like to see Timmons move to the middle, little surprised to see Worilds immediately being inserted as a starter. Hasn't played in awhile and now he's getting a full set of reps. Must've really worked hard in practice this week.

Count Steeler
11-05-2011, 06:25 AM
As much as I'd like to see Timmons move to the middle, little surprised to see Worilds immediately being inserted as a starter. Hasn't played in awhile and now he's getting a full set of reps. Must've really worked hard in practice this week.

This is his opportunity. He has to shine now. Carter has been impressive in his reps.

Steeldude
11-05-2011, 11:46 AM
The LB unit has replaced the OL as the MASH unit. Looks like the Starting LB's will be : Worilds, Foote, Timmons, Harrison.

i would rather have sylvester in over foote. foote playing farrior's position is going to be a disaster. i know the fans with a foote fetish will see it differently.

GBMelBlount
11-05-2011, 12:49 PM
i would rather have sylvester in over foote. foote playing farrior's position is going to be a disaster. i know the fans with a foote fetish will see it differently.

I do like feet.....errrr....ummmmm....I mean Foote. :chuckle:

He played pretty well.

Count Steeler
11-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Is Rex Ryan going to make a play for Foote in the off season?

I thought Foote filled in quite nicely last week. Sylvester looked a bit absent.

stillers4me
11-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Kapinos is still out there if needed. I think they may have made a mistake by getting rid of Jeremy in the first place. I've never seen a punter who's so injury prone as Sep.
If they don't get Kapinos into town PDQ, I'm assuming Dan will be playing.