PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Roethlisberger shrugs off MVP talk

LLT
11-04-2011, 04:35 AM
Steelers' Roethlisberger shrugs off MVP talk
By Mark Kaboly
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, November 4, 2011

Drew Brees has the yards, Tom Brady has the reputation, and Aaron Rodgers, well, he probably has the award already locked up.

For Ben Roethlisberger, that's just fine because he's not really interested in all the talk of him being in the running for the NFL MVP award with some of the league's heavyweights midway through the season.

He's more worried about winning.

"I am never about individual stats and numbers," Roethlisberger said. "For me, that has kind of defined my career by just winning football games. For me, that's all that matters. For me, it is so much bigger than that."

Read more: Steelers' Roethlisberger shrugs off MVP talk - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765450.html#ixzz1cj9OOQ2T

Count Steeler
11-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Focus on the SBs, big guy. The MVP may never come to such a gritty, tough QB.

HometownGal
11-04-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm with Ben - I shrug it off too because in the grand scheme of things, winning the MVP award isn't important. Winning championships is.

43Hitman
11-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Ike Taylor was cracking me up in that Trib Live video when he was talking about Troy, and Clark. The Deacon and the Monk, lol.

tube517
11-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Ike Taylor was cracking me up in that Trib Live video when he was talking about Troy, and Clark. The Deacon and the Monk, lol.

:rofl2: Ike is crazy. That was funny. I was cracking up too. "Troy's a transformer"

fansince'76
11-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Overrated game manager. :rolleyes:

siss
11-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Overrated game manager. :rolleyes:
But he is our over rated game manager!