PDA

View Full Version : Ben makes other husbands look bad!

siss
11-03-2011, 02:48 PM
If you follow TMZ as closely as you follow ESPN, you may be aware that Ben Roethlisberger got married over the summer. The hope among Pittsburgh Steelers fans was that getting hitched might have a mellowing effect on some of Big Ben's more, uh, adventurous off-field tendencies. The jury's still out on that, but being married has had at least one visible effect for Roethlisberger on the field: He's been wearing his wedding band, covered with tape, while playing.

"I don't ever take it off," Roethlisberger says. "I wear it because it's special to me, but I cover it with tape because I don't want it to get caught on something and rip my finger off. My wife thinks it's really neat. She likes it when other people notice that I'm wearing it."

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7182495/uni-watch-talks-ben-roethlisberger-other-athletes-wearing-wedding-rings-field

He's going to start getting other guys in trouble with their wives.

"But honey, Big Ben wears his wedding ring when he beats the Patriots. Why can't you wear yours at work?"

:chuckle:

stillers4me
11-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't let him out of the house without it on , either. :lol:

siss
11-03-2011, 07:41 PM
And a big ol' sign on his back....

He's mine ladies...stay away!

steelerdiva
11-03-2011, 08:27 PM
And a big ol' sign on his back....

He's mine ladies...stay away!

The first woman who shoots "the look" his way....the earrings and shoes are comin off!

OH NO YOU DON'T, MISS THING!! :boxing:

siss
11-03-2011, 08:41 PM
The first woman who shoots "the look" his way....the earrings and shoes are comin off!

OH NO YOU DON'T, MISS THING!! :boxing:

I bet she keeps her ring on while this is going on too!

NCSteeler
11-03-2011, 10:56 PM
It's sweeet, maybe that's why his accuracy has been off a bit this year, learning how to throw with the ring on. I haven't had mine off for more than an hour or so in 21 years.

BigNastyDefense
11-04-2011, 12:13 AM
My buddy's wife gets so pissed because he doesn't wear his at work. He's maintenance at an electric motor repair shop, he constantly has his hands in various machines from forklifts to a sand blaster. She doesn't understand that there's a better chance of him losing his ring (and finger if he's wearing the ring) at work than him leaving it inside his night stand drawer.

However, once he comes home and takes a shower, the ring goes on. It's on when they are out, it's on when it's just the guys. I have honestly never seen him without it on unless he was about to go to work or just came home.

HometownGal
11-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Personally, I think it's foolish. If he would injure that left hand or finger on the field and it swelled up, chances are the ring would most likely have to be cut off. Not smart imho.

Animal Mother
11-04-2011, 09:21 AM
It's sweeet, maybe that's why his accuracy has been off a bit this year, learning how to throw with the ring on. I haven't had mine off for more than an hour or so in 21 years.

LMAO because he's unbalanced? Because you know he throws with his right hand.

suitanim
11-04-2011, 10:23 AM
The irony will be how much trouble he gets in when he loses his ring in a game.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Personally, I think it's foolish. If he would injure that left hand or finger on the field and it swelled up, chances are the ring would most likely have to be cut off. Not smart imho.

So True. ER departments have ring cutters for just that reason.

I wear mine daily for the past 15 years, but take it off when I play beer league football or basketball. Does that make me an inferior spouse compared to Ben?....maybe. As long as he stays out of bathrooms in Millidgeville GA he should be fine.

Steeldude
11-04-2011, 01:48 PM

which could prove to be difficult if it's titanium.

siss
11-05-2011, 05:26 PM
The irony will be how much trouble he gets in when he loses his ring in a game.
Trouble? From the wife or GODdell?

salamander
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM

He might side with GODdell on this one... :chuckle:

Count Steeler
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Wearing a ring is NOT the measure of a good spouse or a good marriage. Sorry, I don't think Ben should be wearing it during games.

tube517
11-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Not official equipment. Should be a fine.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

suitanim
11-06-2011, 06:15 AM
I know how women's minds work (NOTE: That does NOT mean I understand women).
This morning (While Ben has the ring): "I love you so much honey. It's super romantic that you wear my ring in games. I love you!"
Tonight (after he loses it in the Rats game): "You WHAT!?!?! You LOST the ring!?!?!? How many times have I told you to take that off during the games!?!?! I HATE you!"

86WARD
11-06-2011, 07:18 AM

Depending on what it's made out of, it could be even more of a problem...lol. It may not be able to be cut off.

siss
11-06-2011, 11:33 AM
My parents have been married for nearly 30 years and I have never seen my father wear his wedding ring.

The title of the thread was just to get your attention...lol!