PDA

View Full Version : AFC Defensive Player of the Month for October, 2011: LAMARR WOODLEY

GutterflowerSteel
11-03-2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11307/1187234-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml

YEAH - way to be, Woodley! :clap2:

Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who had 7 1/2 sacks and an interception during the team's four-game winning streak, has been named AFC defensive player of the month for October.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11307/1187234-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml#ixzz1ceemfHks

zulater
11-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I understand our own Steeldude will be making the presentation. :heh:

Hindes204
11-03-2011, 10:23 AM

Hahaha......you beat me to it

Devilsdancefloor
11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
congrats to woodley now i would liek to see you d player of january as well :)

Austin87
11-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Good job and congrats to Woodley.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Only if its for the most overpaid player that lacks hustle award. Or maybe the Kordell Stewart award for undeserved contract status.

86WARD
11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Well deserved.

kmsteelerwr15
11-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Congrats to Lamarr! He really deserved it!

suitanim
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish I could speak freely here.

But Barney says "sharing is caring", so, in lieu of that, I say, CONGRATS WOOD! Splash playermaker extraordinaire!

Count Steeler
11-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Congrats Lamar. Hope the hammy heals quickly.

GoSlash27
11-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Good call on the award. Woodley has been a beast all season even though opposing teams know he's the primary pass rush threat.

Galax Steeler
11-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Way to go Woodley you deserved it.

polamalubeast
11-03-2011, 05:43 PM
http://nicepickcowher.com/files/2011/11/09000d5d8239dc1b_gallery_600.jpeg

Steeldude
11-03-2011, 06:30 PM
i guess that's absolute proof...lmao. as usual, all i hear is "he got a sack. see how great he is".

didn't kordell receive AFC offensive player of the month? i guess i was wrong about him. he deserved a raise and to remain the starter.

polamalubeast
11-03-2011, 06:37 PM
:rolleyes::lala:

this is unbelievable

Polamalu Princess
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Wonderful - he earned it!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2011, 08:47 PM
i guess that's absolute proof...lmao. as usual, all i hear is "he got a sack. see how great he is".
Actually...he got 7.5 sacks, 25 tackles and 1 INT last month.

I can understand though, you want to make sure he is going to pan out before they paid him that contract. Especially since he was a bust the past 3 seasons.

st33lersguy
11-03-2011, 09:35 PM
We'll need Lamar, and his absence will hurt the team. Congrats, Lamar for the award

zulater
11-03-2011, 09:57 PM

didn't kordell receive AFC offensive player of the month? i guess i was wrong about him. he deserved a raise and to remain the starter.

Notably difference Dude. You were far from alone on the opinion that Kordell wasn't that good. There was always a strong segment of doubters in his case. With Woodley, you're virtually alone on an island in not giving him credit for a great October.

Steeldude
11-04-2011, 03:18 AM
Notably difference Dude. You were far from alone on the opinion that Kordell wasn't that good. There was always a strong segment of doubters in his case. With Woodley, you're virtually alone on an island in not giving him credit for a great October.

oh, so it's ok to have an opinion if many people agree with you?

guess what? i was quite alone with my opinion on kordell in 97.

i never said woodley didn't deserved any credit. see how you HAVE to make up things that were never said? it's 1997 all over again...lol.:p

Steeldude
11-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Actually...he got 7.5 sacks, 25 tackles and 1 INT last month.

Especially since he was a bust the past 3 seasons.

why do you think he was a bust? you sure have a lot of hate in you.

zulater
11-04-2011, 05:33 AM
oh, so it's ok to have an opinion if many people agree with you?

guess what? i was quite alone with my opinion on kordell in 97.

i never said woodley didn't deserved any credit. see how you HAVE to make up things that were never said? it's 1997 all over again...lol.:p

No but you never give him any credit, anything he does well you go out of your way to qualify, cheapen, or discredit. You seem to be incapable of admitting to possibly being wrong in your overall assessment of him. Look I understand it's an ongoing process, and Woodley has to continue to earn his contract for the duration of it, but at some point, you should simply say that for at least the first half of this season Woodley has done the job really well.

And oh by the way, you weren't alone on Kordell in 97. I remember the first month of that season when he virtually couldn't complete a pass further than 10 yards downfield, and how he never could complete a pass to anything other than a stationary target, and pretty much knew that it was a project destined for failure. I hoped against hope that I would be proven wrong. And while he did have a few shining moments, his athletic ability could bail out his substandard overall qb skills at times. But there's no substitute for pocket passing skills and field awareness. Without those qualities no qb can ever fully succeed in the league.

HometownGal
11-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Congrats Lamarr! :drink: Well deserved! :applaudit:

X-Terminator
11-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Woodley definitely earned this award - he has been great since Harrison went down. Hopefully he won't be out too long and he keeps up the solid play when he gets back.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2011, 01:05 PM
why do you think he was a bust? you sure have a lot of hate in you.
Yeah, I guess I am still holding onto the past when the Steelers spent a 2nd round pick on Alonzo Jackson. Kind of the same way they spent a 2nd round pick on Woodley.

At least they didnt give Jackson a fat contract like Woodley. Neither seems to hustle much.

Steeldude
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I guess I am still holding onto the past when the Steelers spent a 2nd round pick on Alonzo Jackson. Kind of the same way they spent a 2nd round pick on Woodley.

At least they didnt give Jackson a fat contract like Woodley. Neither seems to hustle much.

but if they did give a fat contract to jackson you would fall in line praising him left and right by saying, "he got a sack" or "he starts off slow"...lol. you ignore inconsistency and i don't. i am guessing you would be happy if the steelers re-signed dave trout as the new kicker.

btw, in case you forgot, there is more to being a LB than getting sacks.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2011, 07:15 PM
but if they did give a fat contract to jackson you would fall in line praising him left and right by saying, "he got a sack" or "he starts off slow"...lol. you ignore inconsistency and i don't. i am guessing you would be happy if the steelers re-signed dave trout as the new kicker.

btw, in case you forgot, there is more to being a LB than getting sacks.

No, I would evaluate the LB for what he does on the field and value the plays that dont end up in the stat sheet. I would not critizize a guy by saying "he starts slow" just because he didnt have a bunch of sacks early. Woodley plays hard on every down, he eats up blockers and sets the edge in the run game, he collapses the pocket often by bull rushing the RT into the pocket.

I didnt forget about the rest of LB play, in fact I coach it. I played it back in the day although only at the highschool and juco level and my coach and mentor played ILB and OG at Michigan State back in the day. I get it....I just dont get why you have a hate on for Woodley and correlate him to Kordell Stewart all the time?!?!?

Steeldude
11-05-2011, 02:57 AM
No, I would evaluate the LB for what he does on the field and value the plays that dont end up in the stat sheet. I would not critizize a guy by saying "he starts slow" just because he didnt have a bunch of sacks early. Woodley plays hard on every down, he eats up blockers and sets the edge in the run game, he collapses the pocket often by bull rushing the RT into the pocket.

I didnt forget about the rest of LB play, in fact I coach it. I played it back in the day although only at the highschool and juco level and my coach and mentor played ILB and OG at Michigan State back in the day. I get it....I just dont get why you have a hate on for Woodley and correlate him to Kordell Stewart all the time?!?!?

when did i say i hate woodley? you people get all riled up when one your favorite players isn't praised by the world. i relate him to kordell because of the excuses you people make for woodley and the anger shown if anyone criticizes his play. it's just like 1997 all over again. if woodley was a QB i would be labeled a racist 12 times over...lol.

you and i have different definitions for the words "every" and "often".