PDA

View Full Version : Wallace: 'I Can Get Deep On Anybody'

SteelerEmpire
11-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace loves to take the top off opposing defenses with the deep pass.

The speedy wide receiver has a knack for making the big play, and going up against a Baltimore Ravens defense that has Ed Reed at safety doesn’t give Wallace any hesitations about going for the deep route.

“I still feel like I can get deep on anybody,” Wallace said during Wednesday’s conference call after referencing Reed. “I don’t care who’s back there. It’s just a matter of opportunity.

LINK: http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/11/02/wallace-i-can-get-deep-on-anybody/

steelerdude15
11-02-2011, 04:42 PM
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
11-02-2011, 05:23 PM
he sure can. proving it against a hated rival will make it sweeter Wallace, go for it

fansince'76
11-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Question is, can the OL keep Ben upright long enough to connect on the deep ones?

Count Steeler
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
O line is starting to gel. Another game under their belts together and now they have something to prove over the Rats. Gilbert and Starks should be able to neutralize Suggs better than in the first game.

Run Mikey Run.

86WARD
11-02-2011, 06:12 PM
How about we keep our mouth shut and play the game?

X-Terminator
11-02-2011, 08:25 PM
How about we keep our mouth shut and play the game?

So what exactly did he say that he hasn't already said before? And why does it make it different because it's the Ravens they're playing?

SteelerEmpire
11-02-2011, 08:32 PM
The Ravens will be BLITZING LIKE CRAZY to upset Ben... the team should "plan" for it !

GBMelBlount
11-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Question is, can the OL keep Ben upright long enough to connect on the deep ones?

Huge test for the O line this week...I think Ben may want to let the ball go a little earlier and trust Wallace to catch up.

I think Ben is starting to get a little more "touch" on the ball as they are developing their rhythm.

pepsyman1
11-02-2011, 09:51 PM

He doesn't have to wait that long...that's been the problem before the big plays this year. Ben always used to wait til he was absolutely sure the receiver was open which is too long to wait for Wallace. Just a quick look to see if there is deep protection over the top. If there isn't, Ben shouldn't even hesitate. Just throw it and let Wallace go get it. Count to 3 and let it fly...with the time the ball is in the air Wallace will be 60 yards downfield

smokin3000gt
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
O line is starting to gel. Another game under their belts together and now they have something to prove over the Rats. Gilbert and Starks should be able to neutralize Suggs better than in the first game.

Run Mikey Run.

Yes but it was also against the pat's* defense which last in the league, not the baltimore's (#1). Add some attitude and fuel to that fire and we will what happens.

smokin3000gt
11-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I think we will be ok as long as ben dinks and dunks, getting rid of the ball quickly. If he starts trying to hard for the 80yd play he's going to take sacks.

steelreserve
11-02-2011, 11:53 PM
I think we'll be ok if Ben drinks and dunks.

BigNastyDefense
11-03-2011, 01:39 AM
If Ben can look Reed off, then Wallace can go over the top for a deep score.

Dink & dunk can work to pull the defense up and then hit them over the top. Remember, Ben is great with the pump fake, so if we can get them to bite on a [ump fake on a short route, then we can be deadly and their defense won't be sure what to defend.

suitanim
11-03-2011, 05:20 AM
I like the idea of taking 5 shots a game. Although maybe we should take 3 with Wallace and 2 with Brown. I think they BOTH can pretty much get open deep at will...