PDA

View Full Version : Suggs says he still owns Roethlisberger

polamalubeast
11-02-2011, 04:24 PM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has never hid his hatred for the Steelers. He wore a T-shirt before last season's playoff game that featured a cartoon Raven giving an obscene hand gesture under the words "Hey Pittsburgh."

So, Suggs didn't mince words when talking about Sunday night's game at Heinz Field.

"We're taking 53 men to the apocalypse and we ain't bringing flowers."

Suggs loves this rivalry and it's not a coincidence that some of his best games have come against the Steelers. He recorded three sacks and two forced fumbles in the season-opening 35-7 win over the Steelers. Suggs has sacked Roethlisberger 15.5 times (including playoffs), the most any NFL defender has dropped the Steelers quarterback.

After that game, Suggs said about Roethlisberger, "His soul may belong to God, but his [butt] belongs to me."

Asked today whether he still owns Roethlisberger's "posterior," Suggs responded, "You all know the numbers. There is nobody who can do it better than me."

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/47618/suggs-says-he-still-owns-roethlisberger

XxKnightxX
11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Suggs>Roethlisberger>Ravens= Steelers>Ravens= 6>1

siss
11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I will not say what I want to in this thread because I have vowed not to trash talk about how awesome my QB is.

steelerdude15
And the Steelers own the Ravens. Just remember, the road to the Super Bowl for Baltimore goes through us and until they beat us in the playoffs, they aren't going to a SB.

siss
Suggs>Roethlisberger>Ravens= Steelers>Ravens= 6>1

I'm not good at math at all...but I got that one!

Psycho Ward 86
11-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Suggs own Ben, but he doesnt own the Steelers...

tube517
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
If T-sizzle "owns" anyone it's our OL. Ben still does what is necessary to win. Yeah, he sacks Ben alot but he doesn't stop Ben from making plays to win.

Count Steeler
11-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Suggs is going to be slowed down by our new and improving O Line.

86WARD
11-02-2011, 06:10 PM
If T-sizzle "owns" anyone it's our OL. Ben still does what is necessary to win. Yeah, he sacks Ben alot but he doesn't stop Ben from making plays to win.

This...

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2011, 06:12 PM
He can sack ben 5 times on Sunday for all I care. As long as the Steelers win.

Suggs can play for stats. Steelers play for rings.

The Duke
11-02-2011, 06:13 PM
It's all about the individual wins for him

hey Suggs, you are part of a team buddy! A team Ben has a a 9-3 record against (or something like that)

Edman
11-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Suggs sure can sack Ben a lot but he doesn't really stop him from making plays that beaten the Ravens many times before. And if Ben plays smart and makes plays Sunday, it won't matter how many times Suggs sacks him.

So yes, Suggs. Ben's ass belongs to you, but the Ravens belong to him.

beSteelmyheart
11-02-2011, 08:00 PM
When I see Ben play an entire game with a broken nose, I refuse to admit that his ass belongs to anyone.

steelerdiva
11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
When I see Ben play an entire game with a broken nose, I refuse to admit that his ass belongs to anyone.

There ya go.

st33lersguy
11-02-2011, 09:07 PM

Agreed

BigNastyDefense
11-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Good Lord...for as few wins as the Ravens have against the Steelers (Steelers own an overall record of 21-13), you'd think the Ravens never lose to Pittsburgh with the way Suggs talks.

I remember a game, I think it was last year when we went to Baltimore, Ben escaped Suggs to throw a pass that ended up being a big play in a Steelers win. I know it was at least a big first down.

Suggs may have the most sacks against Big Ben, but all he is for Baltimore is really a pass rusher. He's been in the league one year longer than Ben & plays him at the least, once a year (if one of them misses one match up due to injury or suspension) and at the most, three times a year. That's a lot of chances to get sacks.

Suggs can have all the QB sacks he wants....as long as the Steelers win.

suitanim
11-03-2011, 05:22 AM
I don't care much for Suggs, but at least he never killed anyone.

HometownGal
11-03-2011, 06:26 AM

AMEN!!! :applaudit: :thumbsup:

steel9guy
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpXPl6JDxQk

Sorry about the bad quality.

Roethlisberger owns suggs couch that he watches Ben in the Superbowl on.

Devilsdancefloor
11-03-2011, 10:31 AM

QFT

steeldevil
11-03-2011, 11:10 AM
"You all know the numbers. There is nobody who can do it better than me."

Well when you are on 1 of the 3 teams that gets to play Ben twice a year, and are the best pass rusher on any of those 3 teams, you should have the most sacks on Ben should you not??? Not that impressive if you as me. I would be surprised if he DIDN'T have the most sacks on Ben.... And would probably laugh at him...

86WARD
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Suggs speaks the troof. Although he owns the o-line more so than Ben.

Gabefergy
11-03-2011, 01:30 PM

You really think Sizzle plays for stats and not winning? I mean you probably dont follow him as closely as I do, but that man is solely driven by the desire to hoist a Lombardi. Suggs is one of the best OLBs in the league and if you dont account for him he is a game-changer. Need I remind you of the sack/forced fumble that really kick-started the defensive performance by the Ravens in week1? You can pretend that his sacks wont matter, but if he is constantly pressuring Ben then it will be a long game for you guys. Now, I think your Oline has improved so he may not have another 3 sack day, but he is relentless getting after the QB so he better be accounted for at all times.

Bluecoat96
11-03-2011, 01:35 PM

Except for his wife. lol

tube517
11-03-2011, 02:05 PM
You really think Sizzle plays for stats and not winning? I mean you probably dont follow him as closely as I do, but that man is solely driven by the desire to hoist a Lombardi. Suggs is one of the best OLBs in the league and if you dont account for him he is a game-changer. Need I remind you of the sack/forced fumble that really kick-started the defensive performance by the Ravens in week1? You can pretend that his sacks wont matter, but if he is constantly pressuring Ben then it will be a long game for you guys. Now, I think your Oline has improved so he may not have another 3 sack day, but he is relentless getting after the QB so he better be accounted for at all times.

I think you're missing the point. Suggs is a damn good OLB and nobody here discounts that. As a matter of fact, he is one of the few Ravens that I actually like to watch and play real football. However, he's been emphasizing his stats this week vs Ben and that's all well and fine BUT he has 0 rings and nice stats. I don't doubt the man wants a ring but the Raisins haven't beaten Ben when it counts. You can sack Ben all day but he keeps getting up and he can and will beat you even if he has a broken nose and an injured foot or anything else like that.

Edman
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM

No one is saying Suggs is not a threat and shouldn't be accounted for. He certainly is a damn good OLB. But you see, he doesn't really stop Ben from making huge plays that have haunted Baltimore fans for years. He's disruptive, but he's not winning games. Yes, Suggs can get on the stat sheet all the time against the Steelers, but he and his teams are almost always on the wrong end of the scoreboard, especially in big games.

It's like bragging that you scratched up a car after it's run you over.

NCSteeler
11-03-2011, 10:52 PM
If you saw this dude on NFLNetwork today, you would love him. If he was a Steeler damn he would be my hero. I just like how he carries himself, no doubt doesn't back down, very much like our own James Harrison. On the other hand Ben owns the Ravens and I can't wait for Ben and the boys to give them another beat down.

Gabefergy
11-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Well he did kind of have a big role in winning game 1. Steelers couldnt block him and he affected that game for sure. I know that wasnt a playoff game, but he had a heck of a game last year in the playoffs as well. He did his part but turnovers by the Ravens offense cost them that game.

Pittsburgh43
11-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Suggs can have all the individual accolades that he wants and he can keep patting himself on the back for those. Unfortunately for him, football is a team sport. The bottom line is, the Steelers as a whole team, own that ass.

tube517
11-04-2011, 11:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/47681/steelers-roethlisberger-jabs-back-at-suggs

"I've heard that quote," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I've got no problem with it. It is what it is ...I know Terrell a little bit. He's actually a good guy. We joke around on the field, so I don't think he meant anything bad by it."

Then, Roethlisberger ended by saying, "I just think he let out a little emotion after finally beating me."

polamalubeast
11-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Terrell Suggs Enjoys Sacking Ben Roethlisberger More than Any Other QB

We all know that most NFL players have some sort of chemical imbalance that sets them apart from the rest of us. In order to fly around a field and take a beating from 275-pound men, you have to have a uniquely functioning brain. Guys like Terrell Suggs, who told us on Thursday that nothing gets his piss hot like a Ravens-Steelers game, takes that to an entirely new level.

If these last two days have shown us anything, it’s that Suggs could be the most intense player in the NFL — hands down. It’s one thing to just talk like a maniac, but if Suggs doesn’t mean every word of what he’s saying then he is a tremendous actor. Take, for example, the comments he made on Thursday on the NFL Network about owning Ben Roethlisberger’s ass. We strongly recommend checking out the video here to get the full effect.

“Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don’t …” Suggs, who has sacked Big Ben 10.5 times in his career, said. “I keep (Roethlisberger’s ass) in a nice little refrigerator. In the basement — in my basement. Check it out from time to time.”

For a while it sounded like Suggs hated Brady more than any quarterback in the NFL, but Thursday’s comments would indicate that’s not the case. Terrell then talked some more about the Ravens-Steelers rivalry. After seeing some of his wardrobe selections in the past we didn’t really need further confirmation that he hates Pittsburgh, but he provided it anyway.

“Ravens-Steelers — my rival,” Suggs continued. “I like to think that I exist because they need someone to stop Big Ben. So, yeah, we like Smith and Neo from ‘The Matrix’. Co-exist for each other — Joker and Batman.”

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/terrell-suggs-enjoys-sacking-ben-roethlisberger-more-than-any-qb/96669

GodfatherofSoul
11-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Suggs typifies everything I hate about the Ravens (and Titans). They think being a tough football team means you have to take cheap shots and talk a lot of trash to the media. If Suggs can keep his fists out of Ben's helmet, maybe I could respect him.

polamalubeast
11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Terrell-Suggs-Pittsburgh-Middle-Finger-Shirt.jpg

steel striker
11-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Suggs always talks trash and, Ben can't hear you because of his super bowl rings in his ears. Ever since Suggs & Scott did that bounty on Hines a few years ago I can't even look at either one of them. If you got to put a bounty on a teams WR's your team has major problems.

Count Steeler
11-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Ben = 2 Super Bowl Rings

Sudds = I'm thinking, :scratchchin: one second, it is coming to me, :huh: ZERO!!!

Who's the bitch?

Shoes
11-04-2011, 09:05 PM
The only thing Suggs and the rats are going to own is a final 3rd place in the AFC North!

The WH
11-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Terrel Suggs is dumb.

SteelGhost
11-05-2011, 09:19 AM
He can say (and dream) whatever he wants, Steelers > Ravens 'nuff said. He has to grow up and stop wearing those t-shirts by the way, LOL.

steelerdiva
11-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Ben = 2 Super Bowl Rings

Sudds = I'm thinking, :scratchchin: one second, it is coming to me, :huh: ZERO!!!

Who's the bitch?

Winner!!