PDA

View Full Version : How long can injury-riddled defense continue to play at high level?

stillers4me
11-02-2011, 06:07 AM
How long can a team continue to win with injuries to multiple important players?

We may find out Sunday when the injury-ravaged Steelers play the Baltimore Ravens.

Although coach Mike Tomlin pronounced only offensive guard Doug Legursky out for the game, it is widely believed that linebackers James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley and James Farrior will not play. That’s three Pro Bowl linebackers missing from the lineup. While Farrior is no longer a player of that caliber, Harrison and Woodley are................

read more @ http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/30625-how-long-can-injruy-riddled-steeles-continue-to-win

Psycho Ward 86
11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
"Tomlin said the team will not sign any new linebackers and will improvise -- Brett Keisel playing on the outside -- if necessary."

that would be interesting to say the least...i think if Woodley and Harrison are gone, we better play Timmons a little bit at ILB and have Carter cover for him at OLB once in a while because I dont trust Sly yet...not that i trust Carter at all. Wow, and we thought we had it bad when our D-line was banged up early in the season

tube517
11-02-2011, 05:37 PM
There was talk of Keisel was doing that a few years ago (roaming around) in a OLB/DE hybrid type of position

Count Steeler
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Flacco is really going to be confused.

7SteelGal43
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
How long can injury-riddled defense continue to play at high level?

As long as it takes ! :tt03:

ALLD
11-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Rotate Sepulveda into MLB.

SMR
11-04-2011, 07:51 PM
"Noma kanjani!"

That's Zulu for "Whatever it takes!"