PDA

View Full Version : Young players catch eye of Steelers' Tomlin

stillers4me
11-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has been impressed with the play of several young players — including linebacker Chris Carter and cornerback Cortez Allen.

"We're getting good performances from guys who are putting their hands in the pile," Tomlin said. "At the very least, they are showing us they are competitive."

Allen and Carter each had two tackles Sunday against the New England Patriots............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765047.html

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I like what I see from Carter so far. Its almost too bad that he looks better than Worilds at this point, as the Steelers could have drafted Sean Lee, Pat Angerer, Brandon Spikes, Donald Butler, Charles Brown, Jared Veldheer, Jon Asumoga....instead of Worilds and either solved a problem at ILB or O line.

Psycho Ward 86
11-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I like what I see from Carter so far. Its almost too bad that he looks better than Worilds at this point, as the Steelers could have drafted Sean Lee, Pat Angerer, Brandon Spikes, Donald Butler, Charles Brown, Jared Veldheer, Jon Asumoga....instead of Worilds and either solved a problem at ILB or O line.

eh, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say that when we look at how everything has played out in recent memory. They're only 22 and 23 years old respectively anyways, they'll get their shot. Sure would be convenient to have them both playing at a high level consistently though.

oneforthetoe
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM

That is one thing great about the Steelers - even when they miss with a pick, they usually have redundancy in place to limit the damage. Steelers = NASA.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2011, 06:01 PM
eh, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say that when we look at how everything has played out in recent memory. They're only 22 and 23 years old respectively anyways, they'll get their shot. Sure would be convenient to have them both playing at a high level consistently though.

If it was hindsight, yes.

Several of the draftniks on this board had many of those guys instead of Worilds at pick #2. Yes, they are still young, but do we really need to pick an OLB every year in the draft?? I for one would have rather had Spikes or Angerer instead of Worilds ........back then and now.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2011, 06:09 PM
That is one thing great about the Steelers - even when they miss with a pick, they usually have redundancy in place to limit the damage. Steelers = NASA.
So, you are telling me that the selections of Limas Sweed, Bruce Davis and Tony Hills all in the same draft were fine because there were contingency in place??? I say those picks meant the team had to re-select those positions last year with Sanders, Worilds and this year with Gilbert.

86WARD
11-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Lol...