PDA

View Full Version : Woodley to miss game against Ravens

steelersfanman92
11-01-2011, 11:11 AM
According to ESPN http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7176924/lamarr-woodley-pittsburgh-steelers-reportedly-miss-baltimore-ravens-game

steeldevil
11-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Tomlin just said that Woodley and Harrison will be practicing and that their availability for the game will be based off of how they practice. He also said that depending on the LB situation, we may play some 4-3 on Sunday.

zulater
11-01-2011, 11:31 AM
According to the report we're also going to be without Farrior and Harrison for at least this game and probably wont have them again until after our bye.

zulater
11-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Tomlin just said that Woodley and Harrison will be practicing and that their availability for the game will be based off of how they practice. He also said that depending on the LB situation, we may play some 4-3 on Sunday.

You can't rush a hammy. Best to bite the bullet and let him regain full health for the final 6 games.

I'm guessing Harrison needs a couple weeks to get his core strength back? With a broken orbital I would imagine you'd have to go easy on the weights, and without leg drive and body torque Harrison isn't Harrison.

86WARD
11-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah. Tomlin basically said the story is just that...a story. Woodley is questionable and will practice in some form or fashion and a decision will be made then.

suitanim
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Trying to be glass half full, here....that should give the ratfilths something else to plan against and think about during the week.

venom
11-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Steelers lose this game vs the Ravens , hello fighting for the Wild Card

zulater
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Steelers lose this game vs the Ravens , hello fighting for the Wild Card

While obviously that's not the path any of us would choose, 3 out of the last 5 Super Bowl winners traveled that path, so it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

SteelerFanInStl
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
That's gonna really suck if Woodley's out too. Not having James is bad enough but without Wood and also Farrior, we're gonna be hurting. We NEED to win this game and it's gonna be real tough without those guys available.

zulater
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
That's gonna really suck if Woodley's out too. Not having James is bad enough but without Wood and also Farrior, we're gonna be hurting. We NEED to win this game and it's gonna be real tough without those guys available.

I'm guessing we'll see a lot of Cameron Heyward this week. Maybe Worldis will get his ass out of the ice tub too this week?

O'Malley
11-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Woodley posted of Facebook from the trainers room "Don't rule me out just yet"... So well see... I would like to see another game of man to man D though.

polamalubeast
11-01-2011, 01:37 PM
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/7/73/JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

st33lersguy
11-01-2011, 01:43 PM
This is really bad, we really need Woodley or Harrison playing

The Duke
11-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Worilds has to step up!

or at least play....

fansince'76
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/7/73/JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

This is really bad, we really need Woodley or Harrison playing

...and the panic ensues. :chuckle:

86WARD
11-01-2011, 02:18 PM
He's listed as questionable...why panic?!? From Tomlons mouth.

Worilds...lol. Wrong answer.

GodfatherofSoul
11-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Maybe the same guy who started supplying Woodley with smelling salts will call Timmons? He needs to wake up now, too.

stillers4me
11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
My first reaction is to panic.

Then I calm myself down, and remember all the other times I paniced and this team surprised the you know what out of me. We are in a much better position than if the Rats were missing Suggs and Ray Ray. Our offense is fully capable of outscoring Flacco any day if the defense is not up to par.

ALLD
11-01-2011, 03:38 PM

The STEEL CURTAIN!!!!

suitanim
11-01-2011, 03:40 PM
That's why these kid are on the team being groomed...this is "birth by fire". What they lack in experience, they hopefully will make up for with youthful exuberance.

All they need to do is play within the scheme...the rest will take care of itself.

ALLD
11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grs8qXSo2jI

ALLD
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbPBCtGuVmI

ALLD
11-01-2011, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yibLZdF00

Count Steeler
11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Not good news. Let's score 40 and be done with the Birds.

steeldevil
11-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah hopefully the offense just scores a lot of points. And hopefully Flacco has one of his "I suck" games. If we can play like we did against the Pats* then he just might.

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Well at least our secondary has been stepping it up. Let's see if they can keep doing it while our linebacker corp gets healthy. Any word on Chris Hoke's health?

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2011, 05:17 PM
OK, no time to panic. Just time to adapt. As much as I would like to see some more of Carter. How about moving Keisel to OLB for a game and go with Heyward and Hood on the D-line. A LB corp of Foote and Sylvester inside with Keisel and Timmons outside. Put your best players on the field!!!

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I think if Woodley misses this game, we better start using Timmons a little bit at ILB and OLB. I just do not feel comfortable about the pass rush we're going to get out of Timmons/Worilds/Carter from the outside. And Im not comfortable with Sylvester holding it down in the middle the entire time. The Ravens will try to pound Rice at us a lot if Foote an Sly are there. I know stats dont tell the whole story but Sly didnt even record a stat in the Pats game as a starting ILB.

The Duke
11-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah hopefully the offense just scores a lot of points. And hopefully Flacco has one of his "I suck" games. If we can play like we did against the Pats* then he just might.

if we were playing someone other than Flacco I'd be worried. The Cards made him look silly, I think we can handle him even with inexperienced players

I think if Woodley misses this game, we better start using Timmons a little bit at ILB and OLB. I just do not feel comfortable about the pass rush we're going to get out of Timmons/Worilds/Carter from the outside. And Im not comfortable with Sylvester holding it down in the middle the entire time. The Ravens will try to pound Rice at us a lot if Foote an Sly are there. I know stats dont tell the whole story but Sly didnt even record a stat in the Pats game as a starting ILB.

didn't really see Sly much on the field anyway. After all the pats ran what, 10 times? And a good chunk of those were shotgun draws to Faulk. Foote on the other hand was out there practially every play

Rice will be a real test for Sly, especially if he's put in coverage

Galax Steeler
11-01-2011, 06:24 PM
He's listed as questionable...why panic?!? From Tomlons mouth.

Worilds...lol. Wrong answer.

I wouldn't be laughing so hard Worilds is a good linebacker and I have seen him play alot if push comes to shove he can step it up, give the man a chance.

O'Malley
11-01-2011, 06:32 PM
:sarcasm:Its plug and play anyways, we'll be fine.... But really, I'm not worried the young guys will step up and we'll be fine... Woodley was out half the game against the Patriots***...

Shoes
11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
OK, no time to panic. Just time to adapt. As much as I would like to see some more of Carter. How about moving Keisel to OLB for a game and go with Heyward and Hood on the D-line. A LB corp of Foote and Sylvester inside with Keisel and Timmons outside. Put your best players on the field!!!

I like this!

O'Malley
11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
I agree..

X-Terminator
11-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry folks...

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/alexmillos/alexmillos1104/alexmillos110400295/9320674-cursor-panic-button.jpg

O'Malley
11-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I am not panicing at all... We got men to fill the void and they will just have to step up.. Coaches will have them ready and all will be fine, I hope....

SteelerFanInStl
11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Carter was getting some good pressure against the Pats after Woodley went out. Timmons has gotten very little pressure the last few games. He's been in coverage a lot but even when he's rushing, he doesn't seem to be getting in.

SteelGhost
11-01-2011, 09:23 PM
IF this game were to be played in December with a playoff berth on the line I'd be VERY worried but I trust Tomlin, Papa & the LB corps :thumbsup:

steel striker
11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
There is no panic here and, I think the offense will take care of business in this one. Plus the defense is play very well right now. I know if Lamar is out that is not good but, time for someone else to step up.

tube517
11-01-2011, 09:35 PM
http://beargoggleson.com/files/2011/07/EndIsNear1.jpg

:chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
why do so many people take this game so lightly. the more injured we are, the bigger mockery we make out of our next game...?

BigNastyDefense
11-01-2011, 10:18 PM
First, I am not going to believe that either Woodley or Harrison will be out until the words come out of the mouth of Mike Tomlin. As of this moment, it depends on how they practice, and if Harrison can get medical clearance to play.

Second, I think we can be okay. The Cardinals were able to get pressure on Flacco so I believe our backups can do the same.

Also, I think our offense will score at least a little but more than 7 points this time around.