PDA

View Full Version : Foote steps in as if Farrior was still on the field

stillers4me
11-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Steelers inside linebacker Larry Foote received the highest of praise from the man he replaced Sunday against the New England Patriots.

"It was like I was out there," James Farrior said.

Don't get the wrong idea. Farrior wasn't being an egomaniac as much as he was taking a playful jab at Foote, his best friend on the team. But his words had plenty of validity...............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11305/1186558-87-0.stm

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I thought Foote played well. He might be pretty much on par with where Farrior is in this stage of his career. I'll be fine with Timmons and Foote on the inside next year if Farrior is let go.

katmandu
11-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I thought Foote played well. He might be pretty much on par with where Farrior is in this stage of his career. I'll be fine with Timmons and Foote on the inside next year if Farrior is let go.X2.

Larry is a very good MLB. He'll slip right on in when it's Farrior's time to go.

steelreserve
11-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I honestly think Foote may be the better of the two against offenses like New England's. He seems to stay with TEs and RBs reasonably well; maybe he's not playing shutdown coverage, but they tend to be tackled as soon as they catch the pass. When Farrior's in, you see him chasing TEs and RBs from behind, which is when short dumpoffs turn into 18-yard catch and runs.

That makes a huge difference against all the quick underneath passes you get in the dink-and-dunk, IMO. In fact, the inside linebackers arguably have the most important role on the field in those cases.

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Well he sure is going to have to hold up while Farrior is out. This is your time Sylvester and Foote!