PDA

View Full Version : What's the all-time record vs Pats ...

BnG_Hevn
10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
I was on patriotplanet and saw some threads where "the steelers would have to win 5 straight just to catch up". Well, I'm curious, what is the all-time record vs the Pats?

It seems pretty convenient for them to only count the years since they started winning.

suitanim
10-31-2011, 03:52 PM
This is from Wiki...not sure how up-to-date it is, but this could be 15-11. The Jax playoff win was only a couple years ago...my guess is this is Brady-era revisonist history, which makes sense since there were only about 1,000 Pats fans outside of Boston before Gaydy.

The rivalry between the Steelers and the New England Patriots emerged when the Patriots upset the Steelers in the 2001 AFC Championship game at Heinz Field. Pittsburgh did not exact revenge for the loss until ending the Patriots record-setting 21-game winning streak in week 6 of the 2004 NFL season. Later that season, the Steelers lost to the eventual champion Patriots in the AFC Championship game after a 15–1 season. The two also had a brief rivalry in the mid 1990s when the Steelers and Patriots split playoff meetings in 1996 and 1997, in which the Patriots had two young stars with Pittsburgh-area roots with Ty Law and Curtis Martin. Martin played his last game as a Patriot against the Steelers in the second playoff game before signing with the rival New York Jets during the offseason, where he became more well known. The Patriots won 6 of 7 meetings over a ten year period (1998–2007) before the Steelers broke through with a 33–10 victory at Foxborough in 2008, after Matt Cassel had turned the ball over five times. The Steelers lead the all-time regular season series, 13–8. In the postseason, the Patriots have outscored the Steelers 99 points to 58, with the Patriots maintaining a 3–1 record. The only other franchises with winning AFC playoff records against Steelers include the Miami Dolphins (2–1, both wins in the AFC Championship), the Kansas City Chiefs (1–0), San Diego Chargers (2–1, all games played in Pittsburgh), Jacksonville Jaguars (1–0, game at Heinz Field). The Steelers have an all-time record of 14–11 against the Patriots.

fansince'76
10-31-2011, 04:07 PM
14-8 regular season, 1-3 playoffs = 15-11 combined, Steelers lead. This includes the game yesterday.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/head-to-head.htm
(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/head-to-head.htm)
But as was mentioned, the NFL didn't come into existence until 2001 or so as far as the majority of those chuckleheads are concerned...

Count Steeler
10-31-2011, 04:12 PM
I remember the days when we owned Steve Grogan and the pre-Cheats*. One of my friends from school was a Pats* fan and he was always hopeful of beating the Steelers. After all, at that time the Patriots were the most talented team in the NFL.

Up to 95 we were 10-3. We are now 15-11 (14-11 plus yesterdays win) according to Steelers.com

fansince'76
11-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I was on patriotplanet and saw some threads where "the steelers would have to win 5 straight just to catch up".

Slightly off topic, but I made the mistake of checking out that "Patriots Planet" board briefly earlier today. And I thought "PatsFans.com" had the market cornered on arrogant, self-deluded assholish toolboxes - they don't have anything on "Patriots Planet." Jeezus.

suitanim
11-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Slightly off topic, but I made the mistake of checking out that "Patriots Planet" board briefly earlier today. And I thought "PatsFans.com" had the market cornered on arrogant, self-deluded assholish toolboxes - they don't have anything on "Patriots Planet." Jeezus.

I stopped visiting other teams boards years ago...I, um.......have this problem with........ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....stupid people, and it gets me kicked off a LOT of those boards.

I don't see how it's wrong to tell stupid people they are stupid, since that should be viewed as doing them a favor, but............

Nadroj 20
11-01-2011, 07:51 PM
I stopped visiting other teams boards years ago...I, um.......have this problem with........ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....stupid people, and it gets me kicked off a LOT of those boards.

I don't see how it's wrong to tell stupid people they are stupid, since that should be viewed as doing them a favor, but............

Because they are too stupid to see that they are stupid so they stupidly give into their stupidness by kicking you off their stupid board.

:chuckle:

salamander
11-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Because they are too stupid to see that they are stupid so they stupidly give into their stupidness by kicking you off their stupid board.

:chuckle:

Well said. :lol:

O'Malley
11-01-2011, 08:19 PM

Ignorance is bliss......

Nadroj 20
11-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Well said. :lol:

I hit the thesaurus hard for that one :lol:

tube517
11-01-2011, 08:57 PM
I remember the days when we owned Steve Grogan and the pre-Cheats*. One of my friends from school was a Pats* fan and he was always hopeful of beating the Steelers. After all, at that time the Patriots were the most talented team in the NFL.

Up to 95 we were 10-3. We are now 15-11* (14-11* plus yesterdays win) according to Steelers.com

Fixed it for ya....:thumbsup: