PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Woodley: Hamstring not problem

stillers4me
10-31-2011, 05:34 AM
The left hamstring injury that forced LaMarr Woodley from the Steelers' 25-17 win over New England on Sunday won't keep him from playing next week when Baltimore visits Heinz Field.

That's what the outside linebacker said after he recorded his eighth and ninth sacks of the season.

"I'll be in there," he said. "I have a week (to heal)."

Woodley said he didn't tear his hamstring, which he hurt in the third quarter while rushing New England quarterback Tom Brady.................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764717.html

Count Steeler
10-31-2011, 05:38 AM
They just may be his bravado speaking. I'm sure they will examine him today and see if all is sound. Hope he is OK for next week.

BlastFurnace
10-31-2011, 05:50 AM
I hope this article is accurate. Dulac and Bouchette both saw him after the game and said that they doubt that he would be available next week.

HometownGal
10-31-2011, 05:54 AM
I hope this article is accurate. Dulac and Bouchette both saw him after the game and said that they doubt that he would be available next week.

Dulac and Bouchette also said BA had been fired when it wasn't true, so I don't put much stock in anything they say really. I'm going to wait to hear Woodley's status from Tomlin later on in the week and hopefully, he'll be able to play. :pray:

polamalubeast
10-31-2011, 05:55 AM

From Woodleys facebook page:

Thx 4 all the concern... ill b ready 4 the big 1 next sun nite vs the ravens.. already focused 100% on it!!!

86WARD
10-31-2011, 08:00 AM
You know how that goes though...

steelerdiva
10-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Hope the MRI gives us some good news today. We'll need him Sunday.

suitanim
10-31-2011, 08:24 AM
I wish I could speak freely....

Suffice it to say, Woodley really proved his value yesterday. The sack IS a splash play, and his sacks, and hurries were invaluable...

venom
10-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Local sports radio here said he might miss Sundays game vs the Ravens - ugh . Too early to say I say

GodfatherofSoul
10-31-2011, 10:07 AM
They held him out of a Patriots game so I'd say he's being "irrationally exuberant". Hamstrings tend to heal slow, too.

fansince'76
10-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Dulac and Bouchette also said BA had been fired when it wasn't true, so I don't put much stock in anything they say really. I'm going to wait to hear Woodley's status from Tomlin later on in the week and hopefully, he'll be able to play. :pray:

Nah, you can't take anything Tomlin or the FO says seriously - they do nothing but spout "coachspeak" and BS. :rolleyes:

Until I see a tweet about it from Wexell, I ain't believing nothin'. :chuckle: