PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 complaint department is open

zulater
10-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Uh let's see we'll start with Phil Simms. I hope that he's not sore after they surgically detach him from Brady's nutsack before his flight out of town tonight. And Phil in order for that last play where Troy pokes the ball into the end zone to result in a touchback against the Steelers or be an illegal advancement of a fumble, the Steelers would have actually had to first establish possession. Something any idiot could clearly see that they hadn't done.

I do actually have a couple Steelers related complaints. :uhoh:
At the risk of a tar and feathering.

What the hell was up with those last two offensive plays? Can you imagine if Sepuvelda had mishandled the snap, or the punt had been blocked? :yell:

Also as great as Ben played, boy that sequence where he refuses to throw the ball away and then does the only thing that could jeapordize the game!!!!!:doh:

Need to be smarter than that next Sunday.

Count Steeler
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Sushi. Can't imagine us lining up for a game winning field goal and anybody feeling confident if it is beyond the 20 yard line.

Accuracy is not his fine suit. And the first kick off. We just scored 7 and had all the momentum and he kicks it out of bounds. Moron.

Can Sepulveda kick?

Psycho Ward 86
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM
The last two offensive plays were putrid. If not the playcall, the protection.

Also, on the drive before that where Ben threw the ball away DEEP on 3rd while under no pressure whatsoever to nothing but grass in a 20 yard radius was strange. If he were under pressure, ok whatever. But that play couldve easily gone somewhere.

We left plenty of points on the field, but ive been raving all week about how the patriots have a better redzone defense than their yardage allowed would indicate so i wont be nitpicky about that one

polamalubeast
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Red zone offense inside the 10

steeldevil
10-30-2011, 07:51 PM
On the possession where we missed the 40+ yard field goal, we should have ran it on 3rd and 5(I think thats what it was) and then went on 4th. Surely if I KNEW Sushi would miss it, the coaching staff did too....

steelerdude15
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
We continue to leave more points on the field and that needs to come to a stop.

Iron Steeler
10-30-2011, 08:11 PM
The holding call on our defense against Hernandez was BS... Took away a monster goaline stand from us... What pisses me off more is that when Antonio Brown got cuffed in the endzone and no flag!

whats up with that

Edman
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Steelers Offense keep leaving points on the field. It's going to cost them one of these games.

Ben had a few boneheaded plays. The Red Zone INT could've blown the game wide open.

Sushi. He did good filling in for a Struggling Reed, but he's struggling himself and he's not cutting it anymore. It's time for a change.

Iron Steeler
10-30-2011, 08:14 PM
What the hell was up with those last two offensive plays? Can you imagine if Sepuvelda had mishandled the snap, or the punt had been blocked? http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/images/smilies/yell.gif

Agree here. All i kept saying was RUN run RUN KICK. But of course Arians crazy ass has to do something stupid like that.

Suisham needs to be more clutch. I don't trust him fully yet as our kicker

GBMelBlount
10-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Red zone offense inside the 10

Abso effing lutely.

My biggest complaint by far. We cannot seem to punch it in the end zone.

Thankfully our "D" was amazing today....

Godfather
10-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Ben also set up that INT. He didn't throw the ball away when he had the chance which put us in the third and long.

Agree that the clock-wasting playcalling was bad. Kneel three times and punt it out the back of the endzone--that's a lot less risky than what we did.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Complaint was lack of finish on the pass rush, but they did collapse the pocket and make Brady uncomfortable.

O line played very well and kept Ben clean. That is a good patriot team they beat without Harrison, Farrior, Ward and half the game without Woodley.

Psycho Ward 86
10-30-2011, 08:24 PM
I think we all know the only REAL complaint to put here is the fact that Goodell is going to add a new rule to help passing offenses now that we stonewalled Brady

Godfather
10-30-2011, 08:35 PM
I think we all know the only REAL complaint to put here is the fact that Goodell is going to add a new rule to help passing offenses now that we stonewalled Brady

Woodley has already been fined for scaring Brady and damaging its self-esteem.

86WARD
10-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Penalties...fuck 'em.

IUSteel
10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
We continue to leave more points on the field and that needs to come to a stop.

I'm certainly not jumping on just you, so please don't take it that way. But why is this the mantra this year, when we're not really all that different? Seems like every time we punt or kick a FG, it gets filed under leaving points on the field. Certainly I think we need to finish drives, but we were several Antonio Browns away from leaving third downs on the field. We played a good defense that we managed to make look very bad. We shot ourselves on penalties and sloppy play. I just don't think we can really get by with calling everything points left on the field.

Again, not attacking you at all. Just saying, give some credit to their defense.

Buckinnuts
10-31-2011, 05:16 AM
My complaint is gilbert...the guy does seem to get hurt often..

suitanim
10-31-2011, 05:17 AM
I'll complain about Arians. Up by 13 and then 6, you have GOT to run the ball, eat the clock and salt away the win. But, I will also say the offense failed to execute at the end there. It's like they figured they already won and dropped it down into 3rd gear or something...

As for redzone O, again, I see fine playcalling and poor execution. We had receivers open that were missed, a couple breakdowns by the line, and general sloppy play. Suisham should have played his last down as a Steeler yesterday.

SteelerFanInStl
10-31-2011, 08:49 AM
My big complaint is Sushi. He missed another FG when we really needed it and he booted a kickoff out of bounds. He continues to hurt us.

steelerdude15
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
My complaint is gilbert...the guy does seem to get hurt often..
Yeah, but he comes back in.

steelerdude15
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm certainly not jumping on just you, so please don't take it that way. But why is this the mantra this year, when we're not really all that different? Seems like every time we punt or kick a FG, it gets filed under leaving points on the field. Certainly I think we need to finish drives, but we were several Antonio Browns away from leaving third downs on the field. We played a good defense that we managed to make look very bad. We shot ourselves on penalties and sloppy play. I just don't think we can really get by with calling everything points left on the field.

Again, not attacking you at all. Just saying, give some credit to their defense.

Yes, but this isn't the only game were this has been an issue. This has happened a few different times against teams that we should be blowing out and we should have blown out the Pats yesterday.

BlastFurnace
10-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Redzone offense

Jason Wordlis - we need him right now and he's never available.

tube517
10-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Sushishamwow is not cutting it. We need clutch kicking in the 2nd half of the season and he is showing his true colors (stints w/the Redskins and Cryboys were horrible)

steel9guy
10-31-2011, 11:04 AM
I've said it since last year. Sushi is gonna cost us a game. GET RID OF HIM NOW!

zulater
10-31-2011, 11:10 AM
I doubt you can improve upon Sushi in season. I think we just got to deal with the fact that our kicker is limited and try to avoid letting a game come down to a field goal attempt of over 40 yards.

steelreserve
10-31-2011, 11:13 AM
The kicker sucks, and the score shouldn't have been as close as it was if we only finished our scoring drives the way we should.

But seriously, we can worry about that another time. Get a win like that, and I can live with a few mistakes.

SteelerEmpire
10-31-2011, 12:11 PM
The Red Zone offense is in need. We already know the kicker sucks... but, the kicker sucks.

Chidi29
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM
The Patriots scored 17 points.

ONLY 17 points.....