PDA

View Full Version : Gameball

Psycho Ward 86
10-30-2011, 06:56 PM
This is a tough one to choose, but mine goes to Ben. Season high in pass yardage, 2 TD's. Yes he threw a pick, but he ran this offense in a locomotive fashion and drew tons of time off the clock even in a pass dominated game. Yes, he took 5 sacks, including 2 back to back on our clock killing drive, but he protected that pigskin and understood the situation. And i hate to be cliche but im sure that was Arians playcalling :lol:.

The defense played with so much heart. If they werent made up of 11 players id be giving the gameball to them

steeldevil
10-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Both the Coordinators. Outstanding.

Anyone who says anything bad about BA after this one is just an idiot. Seriously.

Also good by LeBeau to finally change it up against the Cheats. Well done.

ALLD
10-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Woodley even though he didn't finish. He single handedly kept their O backing up.

Polamalu had some big plays, so did Brown and Miller. I would have given it to BB except for the pick which hurt his chances.

BigNastyDefense
10-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Offense: Ben Roethlisberger. Other than that interception, he dominated the Patriots.

Defense: Ike Taylor & LaMarr Woodley. Taylor shut down Welker who has been the most dangerous target on the Pats & Woodley was disruptive and made Brady become uncomfortable.

stillers4me
10-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Ben, Woodly and Heeaaaaaaatthhhhhhh!!

st33lersguy
10-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Big Ben and the entire defense. New England gained a grand total of 213 yards against the vaunted Patriots offense. I repeat 213 yards. The Patriots had only one good TD drive, and that was aided by a penalty

JayC
10-30-2011, 07:20 PM
lebeau. he actually wasn't stubborn and implemented a different defensive scheme than normal and it worked perfectly! offense was really good except too many fg attempts but the defense as a whole was just awesome. it's the first time in a couple of years i can remember us mostly shutting down an elite quarterback

SteelerFanInStl
10-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Ben and Woodley although a lot of guys played well and it was also a well coached game.

steel striker
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Ben played great and, just one mistake. The offense played well Heath, Brown just about everyone. The defense was tremedous Woodley, Troy, Ike the coverage was real good.

Devilsdancefloor
10-30-2011, 07:25 PM
the secondary especially Ike on welker and hats off to Sly & carter they get some of the ball as well

VTsteel
10-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Arians gets my gameball. I thought the offensive gameplan and playcalling was excellent.

Count Steeler
10-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Hard to give 1 game ball to such a great team effort. Game ball to Tomlin. He can give it to anybody he wants, but they should mount it and leave it in the locker room as a reminder of how great this team can be when it plays as a team.

Godfather
10-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Offense: HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH!

Defense: Woodley

zulater
10-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Offense: HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH!

Defense: Woodley

Good ones.

zulater
10-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Better question can you name me anyone on the Steelers who doesn't deserve consideration for a game ball? :noidea: I can't name one player today that didn't have a great game.

Count Steeler
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Better question can you name me anyone on the Steelers who doesn't deserve consideration for a game ball? :noidea: I can't name one player today that didn't have a great game.

Suisham

vader29
10-30-2011, 07:49 PM
The entire defense.

Craic
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Honestly, I think Aryans called a very good game. I had no problem with Ben running backwards to kill clock. I think Tomlin had the team ready to play. Our CB's did a fantastic Job. Our backup linebackers played very well. Our mishmash O line looked like an NFL O line for once, and our WR's are starting to look outright dangerous... the complete package--and it's impossible to forget Ben and Heath.

But if there is only one gameball given out today, it must go to . . . Dick Lebeau. THAT is how you stop the Pats*.

steelerdude15
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Once again, Ben.

Iron Steeler
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM

Excellent point Zu...

When this team comes together and start firing on all cylinders I feel like they can beat anyone.

We need to stop stupid penalties... Cris Carter... but you get a pass cause your a rookie..

Im still sour on how brady had 10 chances to get into the endzone do to a BS penalty. Took away our goal line stand with a defensive holding like that. com'n man.AND AND AND ...When it happens to Antonio Brown on the other end there is no flag for us!!!

polamalubeast
10-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Ben and the entire defense

kmsteelerwr15
10-30-2011, 08:18 PM
This is a gameball for the whole team

steelerdiva
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
AUUUUUGGHHH!! :frusty: I had to be at an evening service for my church tonight and I only had time to see the opening drive. Someone PLEASE :pray: tell me that there will be replay I can watch online sometime this week!

That said, I can only make my choice on what I could see....game ball to HEEEEEEATH!

7willBheaven
10-30-2011, 09:17 PM
As far as someone asking for a replay...this had to be one of the top 4 games this week so i think it will be replayed on NFLN this week.

Also people giving Arians all the credit for all the calls...while i do believe he did call a good game...keep in mind during the times they were in no huddle Ben was running the show not Arians.

This game while some players stood out more than others...the whole TEAM and COACHING STAFF get mine.

7willBheaven
10-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Suisham

Go easy on him this week. He made 3 of 4...if he hadnt of made those 3 that he did then the final score is 17-16 Pats. Yes he's not the best in the league and has crappy moments and yes I would like someone else who is better/etc...but this week I give him props for the 3 he made when the O couldnt finish the job.

IUSteel
10-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Offense: Antonio Brown. This kid is just impressing me more and more. Starting to feel more comfortable with the idea of not having Hines out there. Sanders is really showing he can get open, but Brown has magnets for hands and always steps it up when it gets big.

Defense: Kiesel, Hood, and Heyward. If I had to choose, Hood for really cementing that he's there because he deserves it, not because we have no one behind him. Kiesel had a better game though.

IUSteel
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Go easy on him this week. He made 3 of 4...if he hadnt of made those 3 that he did then the final score is 17-16 Pats. Yes he's not the best in the league and has crappy moments and yes I would like someone else who is better/etc...but this week I give him props for the 3 he made when the O couldnt finish the job.

I just don't feel secure at all if it's a 35+ yard kick...honestly don't feel great about 30-35 yards either. Heinz is a hard place to kick, but still.

tube517
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Carnell Lake. The secondary looks solid. Willie Gay needs to keep it up. Bye bye McFadden. Keenan Lewis seemed to play well. Of course, Ike, shut down Welker,

86WARD
10-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Defense.

Ben.

O'Malley
10-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Coaching Staff, whole team

7willBheaven
10-30-2011, 10:47 PM
AUUUUUGGHHH!! :frusty: I had to be at an evening service for my church tonight and I only had time to see the opening drive. Someone PLEASE :pray: tell me that there will be replay I can watch online sometime this week!

That said, I can only make my choice on what I could see....game ball to HEEEEEEATH!

Found this on another site: Patriots @ Steelers - Tuesday 9:30 pm NFL Network

Edman
10-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Coaching Staff for putting together an excellent game plan.

Mike Tomlin for being Mike Tomlin.
Arians for a quick and patient Passing game.
Lebeau for having enough trust in his DB's to do away with the cushion. Really sprung a trap on the Pats today.

Ben, besides the INT and the needless sacks, really ripped the Pats a new one.
Lamar Woodley. The man is an absolute force I hope he isn't hurt too bad.
The Secondary. Really stepped up big time against one of their worst demons. Gay, Clark, Mundy, all of them were fantastic.

Galax Steeler
10-31-2011, 03:28 AM
I have to give it to Ben, Brown and Heath good game.

Austin87
10-31-2011, 03:32 AM
Gameball goes to the whole team.

BlacknGoldBabe
10-31-2011, 04:08 AM
Gameball goes to the whole team.

I agree with that. They did a great job.

HometownGal
10-31-2011, 06:12 AM
The entire team other than Sushi. Total team domination all the way around. :thumbsup: :tt03:

venom
10-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Big Ben , Miller , Wolverine and HTG

43Hitman
10-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Ben gets my game ball on offense and Ike Taylor gets my game ball on defense.

suitanim
10-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Arians. His gameplan kept the offense on the field, and the ball out of Gaydy's hands.

Honorable mention: LeBeau. GREAT gameplan!

Pristas
10-31-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm going to give the gameball to the fans. The Steelers played great, but without a few false starts, Brady and co. could have been right back in it. Good job fans!!!

zulater
10-31-2011, 10:53 AM
The entire team other than Sushi. Total team domination all the way around. :thumbsup: :tt03:

Poor Sushi, no soup for you! :lol:

HometownGal
10-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Poor Sushi, no soup for you! :lol:

LMAO!!! :lol:

I love the guy but I wasn't very happy with him last night either with the FG botch or some of his kickoffs.

steelreserve
10-31-2011, 11:10 AM
LeBeau, for sticking with the normal aggressive defense for once, instead of going into Patriots Panic Mode and playing soft vanilla. It actually worked!

Arians deserves equal credit for using the dink-and-dunk to rip apart their defense, though we've never really had problems scoring on New England, just stopping them.

As far as the players, Brown and Heath, obviously; Ben for being super-accurate, and once again the offensive line for holding things together long enough that we had a chance to execute. But an awesome game all around, mostly.