PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Steeler Nation from a friendly cheesehead!

lambeausouth
10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Hello all!

I stumbled across your website last night while reading about Super Bowl XLV. I spent about 2.5 hours enjoying your threads leading up to the big game, and relived it from the perspective of the black and gold perusing the official game thread.

I'll start off with a little bit about myself before getting into discussions with you all. My name is Bill (hi!). I'm a 40 year old lifelong Green Bay Packer fan living in "the evil land" (aka the Dallas area). I was born in Milwaukee, raised in Waukesha, WI, and have been a diehard cheesehead for as long as I can remember. The Packers, Brewers and Badger football are my favorites, but I also like the Bucks and Badger basketball. So, no, I am not a "bandwagon" fan that has just come out of the woodwork after winning in Dallas. Somewhere in my boxes of pictures, I have a shot of me as a little kid in a David Whitehurst jersey. Doesn't get any more hardcore than that! :chuckle:

I am a stock broker by profession, though my passion is web design (I am completely self taught). I've got a lot of free time right now as I am out on long term disability because of multiple back issues, so I have decided to join your fine forum to talk some football, and make some new friends.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Pittsburgh Steelers. My experiences with Steelers fans, without exception, have always been positive. Dan Rooney is hands down the best owner in professional sports (well, besides the fans who own the Pack!). You have a class organization, a rich tradition, and there's no team in the AFC I would rather play in the Super Bowl. I think last year was the beginning of a friendly rivalry, and I am hoping we can meet in Indianapolis in February.

I am an easy going guy, and pride myself on being knowledgeable, and fair. I know this is your house...and I will work to earn your respect.

I look forward to getting to know you all!!

steeldevil
10-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the Universe!

I feel the exact same way about the Packers. All class.

Cardinals baseball fan here! Sorry dude! LOL

steelerdude15
10-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Welcome once again. Let's see a Brewers, Cards, and Pirates fan.... can anyone say Three Stooges? :lol:

lambeausouth
10-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Steeldevil. I am a passionate football fan, and being able to talk to, and make new friends with people that have different loyalties adds a lot of enjoyment to the game for me. A different perspective is always good, you know?

As far as the Cardinals...well, it's ok. I'm proud of the Brewers. 96 wins in the regular season, and a post season series win is more than I could hope for. We have some issues to address, and we're likely going to lose Prince. But there are far worse things than losing to the eventual World Champs. The Cardinals played their butts off in beating the Phillies, the Brewers and the Rangers. They deserve it, and like the Packers and Steelers, the Cardinals have great fans. Congrats to you!

lambeausouth
10-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Welcome once again. Let's see a Brewers, Cards, and Pirates fan.... can anyone say Three Stooges? :lol:

LOL. I'm not sure if the Brewers would even qualify as one of the original trio. They're more like Shemp! :lol:

I actually am a pretty big Pirates fan, believe it or not. Roberto Clemente is my favorite all-time baseball player (edging out Robin Yount and Ryan Braun). I never got to see him play, but I've read a lot about him, and will watch any footage I can find. Just an incredible player, and a passionate human being. I wish I could have met him.

I also have fond memories of "the Family", watching Pops and the gang in the late 70's as a kid.

Thank you again for the welcome. :)

steeldevil
10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah I like the Pirates too, on a far lesser level than the Cards though.

Count Steeler
10-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome aboard lambeau.

ALLD
10-30-2011, 06:37 PM
It is no coincidence that Packers fans generally have more class than the occasional Ratbird or Bungle troll.

salamander
10-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the Universe! It's always nice to talk football with fans of other teams!

The Duke
10-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Already said it in the gameday thread, but welcome bro :drink:

If I ever had to root for another team it would be the packers. I did spend most of my childhood idolising Favre, but my heart was elsewhere

Enjoy the site, and hopefully the prediction comes true

steelerdude15
10-30-2011, 08:08 PM
LOL. I'm not sure if the Brewers would even qualify as one of the original trio. They're more like Shemp! :lol:

I actually am a pretty big Pirates fan, believe it or not. Roberto Clemente is my favorite all-time baseball player (edging out Robin Yount and Ryan Braun). I never got to see him play, but I've read a lot about him, and will watch any footage I can find. Just an incredible player, and a passionate human being. I wish I could have met him.

I also have fond memories of "the Family", watching Pops and the gang in the late 70's as a kid.

Thank you again for the welcome. :)
Yes, one the greatest players to play the game.

fansince'76
10-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

Hoping for a rematch in February. :)

venom
10-31-2011, 05:55 AM
Welcome aboard !

86WARD
10-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Welcome.

HometownGal
11-01-2011, 06:49 AM