PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' LaMarr Woodley nearing sack milestone

stillers4me
10-30-2011, 09:18 AM
If LaMarr Woodley can get to New England quarterback Tom Brady today, the Steelers outside linebacker has a chance to record multiple sacks in four consecutive games for the first time of his career.

Woodley leads the AFC with seven sacks. Five-and-a-half of those have come in the last three games -- games in which the Steelers were without James Harrison.

Harrison, who starts at right outside linebacker, has been out since fracturing an orbital bone on Oct. 2. and has two sacks. He said last week that he is anxious to return to the playing field.

"I think (Woodley) will light a fire under James to get back out there," Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said. "He doesn't want him to get too far ahead of him in that sack race."..........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764610.html

GoSlash27
10-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Also, he needs 1 more sack to surpass Dwight White for #8 all-time.

The WH
10-30-2011, 12:59 PM
a bigger question is....can he afford the fines and can the steelers afford the penalties that come with sacking Tom Brady.

steelreserve
10-30-2011, 01:21 PM
a bigger question is....can he afford the fines and can the steelers afford the penalties that come with sacking Tom Brady.

Wait a minute .... maybe THAT explains why we always play the sit-back defense with no rush against them. It's because we're cheap! And all this time, I thought it was because we couldn't figure out it doesn't work.