PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Case of mistaken identity? Not for new-look offense

stillers4me
10-28-2011, 05:37 AM
This Steelers team is unlike any the New England Patriots have played before, not even like the one they toyed with in November at Heinz Field, and certainly not like the ones they used as steppingstones to a couple Super Bowls in the first half of the previous decade.

People keep asking coach Mike Tomlin and his players what their identity is on offense, and, after seven games, it's pretty clear that they have become a team that will use its best talent. Its best talent is the guy who throws the football and those who catch it.............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11301/1185578-66.stm

tube517
10-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Ike Taylor said he fears no receiver and that cornerbacks, in general, do not.

"Don't nobody scare nobody," Taylor said. "If you're scared, you shouldn't be playing."

But, if you're looking for someone who might fit that description, "Mike Wallace is that guy," Taylor explained. "He just got speed you can't even coach.

"He don't even run properly, so that's scary. When a guy's running past people and don't have no technique on running, don't know how to run, really, that's scary.

"He runs like he's on the playground, like he was a little kid. His form isn't right, arms out wide, but every time you see him he's running past people."

Wallace said it doesn't matter, the way it didn't matter if Carl Yastrzemski had a peculiar batting stance.

"I do run right," Wallace said in response to Taylor. "I run right by people."

:chuckle: