PDA

View Full Version : Kordell Stewart says Steelers can't beat Patriots

polamalubeast
10-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Kordell Stewart doesn't believe in his former team when it comes to playing Tom Brady.

Stewart, who was known as "Slash" when he quarterbacked Pittsburgh from 1995 to 2002, said the Steelers can't beat the New England Patriots on Sunday.

"The offense of New England is just too potent," Stewart said on ESPN's "First Take." "I don't think they have a chance."

Stewart's assessment comes from watching the success of Brady and the Patriots' offense. "They've exposed the Pittsburgh Steelers over time by spreading them out, by putting [safety Troy] Polamalu outside the box and cover someone," he said. "There's a multitude of problems on this defense when it comes to understanding how to defend the New England Patriots' offense."

Stewart said the last team to slow down the Patriots was the Dallas Cowboys, but that doesn't help Pittsburgh.

"When you look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, that's not their DNA and how [Cowboys defensive coordinator] Rob Ryan ran that defense," Stewart said. "Their DNA is confuse you by putting two, three hands in the ground and maybe walk some guys around and lurk Troy Polamalu down to the middle of the field. That won't be the case."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/34338/stewart-says-steelers-cant-beat-patriots

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

O'Malley
10-27-2011, 06:53 PM
What's new.. He is still bitter about his "career"... Fu-k Kordell!!

steeldevil
10-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Must have thought he was still playing...

salamander
10-27-2011, 07:06 PM
:blah:

polamalubeast
10-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Stewart has a QB rating of 45.6 career playoff.

Stewart was not even able to win a Super Bowl with the Ravens in 2000......¸Kordell<<<<<<<<<< Dilfer

smokin3000gt
10-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I think one thing we can all agree on is Kordell's ability to read defenses.

steelerdiva
10-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Whatever. :coffee:

Galax Steeler
10-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Yea ok whatever Peckerneck. Kordell :monkey:

Count Steeler
10-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Are they that desperate for comments that they stoop to Kordell. He continues to prove he was never real Steelers material.

fansince'76
10-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I think one thing we can all agree on is Kordell's inability to read defenses.

Fixed. And also his inability to hit the broad side of a barn with the football. :thumbsup:

Edman
10-27-2011, 08:28 PM
As I said before, Korkie was always willing to take cheap shots towards the Steelers after he left.

Yes, Korkie. The Steelers couldn't beat the Patriots, and you were a part of the problem.

GBMelBlount
10-27-2011, 08:39 PM
If there is anyone who is well qualified to talk about losing it is Kordell Stewart.

zulater
10-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Kordell was the one that claimed Tavares Jackson was as good as Big Ben going into the playoffs as the Steelers were getting ready to embark on their SB XLIII run. He hates that Ben is everything that he wasn't. Namely a real NFL quarterback.

GodfatherofSoul
10-27-2011, 11:04 PM
I was watching ESPN when he said taht and I KNEW what was going to come out of his mouth before he said it. This is the moron who wasted a dynasty of great Steelers defense and Bettis' prime playing days getting far more 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... chances than any scrub QB ever deserved and he's still bitter???

st33lersguy
10-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Crybaby Kordell can't criticize any player/team in the NFL, the way he played during his pathetic career. At least the Steelers have a chance with a QB that is 100x better than the little crybaby

BigNastyDefense
10-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Since when does his opinion count? Doesn't he have some guy to go meet in a local park anyhow?

And the Steelers beat the Patriots with Brady on the field in 2004. They did that because they got pressure on him. If they can do that, he'll fold like a newspaper. The pansy doesn't like to get hit, when he does he often just gives up.

suitanim
10-28-2011, 05:29 AM
He should literally get down on his knees and WORSHIP The Steelers organization. What other team could have or would have taken a WR with some RB skills and experimented with him at QB for YEARS? What other team could have made it almost sort of work?

86WARD
10-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Not true. They can beat the Patriots. They can't beat Brady...

dislocatedday
10-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Kordell along with almost every other "media expert" just focuses on New England's Offense vs. Pitt's Defense................virtually nobody mentions Pitt's Offense (which can be explosive) going against NE's defense (which has shown a tendency to give up a lot of yards and points this year). I believe if the Steelers mix in the short passing game this weekend (like they did against Tennessee) that NE will struggle stopping the Steelers.

Wake up Kordell.......this is not the same Steelers as it was when you were at QB.

st33lersguy
10-28-2011, 01:11 PM
And the Steelers beat the Patriots with Brady on the field in 2004. They did that because they got pressure on him. If they can do that, he'll fold like a newspaper. The pansy doesn't like to get hit, when he does he often just gives up.

It helped a lot that Big Ben was the starting QB and not pathetic loser Kordell

tube517
10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Since when does his opinion count? Doesn't he have some guy to go meet in a local park anyhow?

They sacked Brady 4 times and got 4 turnovers from the Cheats* and they jumped on the Cheats* early in that game. Deshea had an early pick 6, Plax had 2 early TD's and Duce Staley with over 100 yds rushing. They need to do the something similar on Sunday.

ALLD
10-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Watching him on tv for two minutes this week was like watching a car crash or a circus freak. Is he for real?

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Kordell along with almost every other "media expert" just focuses on New England's Offense vs. Pitt's Defense................virtually nobody mentions Pitt's Offense (which can be explosive) going against NE's defense (which has shown a tendency to give up a lot of yards and points this year). I believe if the Steelers mix in the short passing game this weekend (like they did against Tennessee) that NE will struggle stopping the Steelers.

Wake up Kordell.......this is not the same Steelers as it was when you were at QB.

they dont give up that many points...and for all the yards they give up, 10th in scoring defense is phenomenal and they're playing well in the redzone and when the opposition is on their side of the field. I think strength to strength (pat's offense vs. pitt's defense) and weakness to weakness (pat's defense vs. pitt's offense), the patriots are better. With all this talk about Brady, i think it's obvious that most people are intimidated by his presence as they should be, but they forgot all about New England's run game. Ridley, Woodhead, and Green Ellis are really tearing it up right now, and i expect them to have a pretty good game like every decent offense has had against us so far on the ground.

i expect the patriots to pull it out, i have them on my NFL pick em's as well. Hope im wrong, but i think we tip toe past the ravens and bengals in the following weeks so im not worried regardless of the outcome of this game. If we do win, well hell, aint that some kind of bonus!

Aussie_steeler
10-28-2011, 03:45 PM
It looks like Kordell has totally fell victim to the dreaded RPKG syndrome that all employees of ESPN eventually contract.

It is feared that in the near future scientific data will confirm that Bristol Connecticut is a hot spot for the dreaded RPKG syndrome.

Repetitive Patriot Knob Gobbling syndrome leads sufferers to loose co-ordination of all other senses due to the repetitive injuries sustained on their mouth and throat.

Another symptom of this syndrome is the injury to the part of the brain that controls logic.

Just watching Schlereth and Brusci on NFL LIVE( known suffers of RPKG syndrome) justifying the Baltimore and Cincinnati have infinitely better defenses than the other AFC North Teams. The steelers have been totally erased from their memories due to the current taste of RPKG in their mouths.

( running commentary of two RPKG sufferers as I watch BSPN now) Now they are critiquing the game. Their mouths are self lubricating. Schlereth is gobbling fast, the brady gobble, and now he is interrupted by Bruschi who is belichick gobbling. I am worried that there are not enough knobs available for them to gobble to feed their addiction. Wingo has just announced that Chad OJ Stinko ( the extremely difficult #85 gobble) will have a break out game this week against the steelers. I cant believe that I have just witnessed the 3 icons of RPKG in action. That 60 seconds of gobbling was some of the most frenetic action that I can recall ever seeing. I am a little disappointed that I didnt get to see the tricky Welker Gobble.

Sorry folks but their is no known cure for RPKG syndrome. Kordell is doomed for life. Gobble on Bristol.

salamander
10-28-2011, 04:54 PM
It looks like Kordell has totally fell victim to the dreaded RPKG syndrome that all employees of ESPN eventually contract.

It is feared that in the near future scientific data will confirm that Bristol Connecticut is a hot spot for the dreaded RPKG syndrome.

Repetitive Patriot Knob Gobbling syndrome leads sufferers to loose co-ordination of all other senses due to the repetitive injuries sustained on their mouth and throat.

Another symptom of this syndrome is the injury to the part of the brain that controls logic.

Just watching Schlereth and Brusci on NFL LIVE( known suffers of RPKG syndrome) justifying the Baltimore and Cincinnati have infinitely better defenses than the other AFC North Teams. The steelers have been totally erased from their memories due to the current taste of RPKG in their mouths.

( running commentary of two RPKG sufferers as I watch BSPN now) Now they are critiquing the game. Their mouths are self lubricating. Schlereth is gobbling fast, the brady gobble, and now he is interrupted by Bruschi who is belichick gobbling. I am worried that there are not enough knobs available for them to gobble to feed their addiction. Wingo has just announced that Chad OJ Stinko ( the extremely difficult #85 gobble) will have a break out game this week against the steelers. I cant believe that I have just witnessed the 3 icons of RPKG in action. That 60 seconds of gobbling was some of the most frenetic action that I can recall ever seeing. I am a little disappointed that I didnt get to see the tricky Welker Gobble.

Sorry folks but their is no known cure for RPKG syndrome. Kordell is doomed for life. Gobble on Bristol.

Guess we know why they stationed themselves right in the middle of Patriot* territory.

HometownGal
10-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Here ya go Kordumbell. Would you prefer a sippy cup instead you whiny little crybaby? :jerkit:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Qy4iftwk5JM/TOD_qqld5-I/AAAAAAAAJkw/S_pK71si-RY/s1600/ShutTheFuckUp.jpg

T&B fan
10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking CBS also suffers of RPKG syndrome

Hindes204
10-28-2011, 05:33 PM
I havent read any of your guy's responses, but Im going to venture a guess and say we are all in agreement when I say: Fuck Kordell...who gives a damn what he thinks.

fansince'76
10-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Slightly off topic - does he still have that big, nasty, boil/pimple-like growth on the side of his face? Or did he finally get that shit lanced/removed?

zulater
10-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Sad to say,but I probably dislike Kordell more than I do Brady or Bellicheat. At least I respect those two douches.

vader29
10-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Slightly off topic - does he still have that big, nasty, boil/pimple-like growth on the side of his face? Or did he finally get that shit lanced/removed?

Every time I saw that it reminded me of this scene from Uncle Buck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em-NI-b6tIE

steelpinstripe87
10-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Maybe not when you were the QB Kordell, but now...

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

BlacknGoldBabe
10-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Personally, I'd rather watch the circus freak. More entertaining.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Kordumbbell is just pissed 'cause he's jealous.

86WARD
10-29-2011, 07:50 AM

Not totally true. There have been several of the 7 games that the Steelers have gotten very good pressure on Brady and he's still burnt them...

polamalubeast
10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
:rolleyes:

steelpinstripe87
10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
So Kordell, about what you said...

st33lersguy
10-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Kordell's incompetence strikes again!!

fansince'76
10-30-2011, 07:14 PM
:rolleyes:

This. Hey Korkie, you prognosticate about as well as you played QB. Good call. :jerkit: :coffee:

Count Steeler
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
So Kordell proves once again how little he understands about the game of football. He has a face made for radio, but does not have a brain made for analysis.

SMR
10-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Kordell's incompetence strikes again!!

ROFL....sigh, this is fun!

tube517
10-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Kordell thinks we play the same defense in 2002. We have a real secondary coach now.

SteelerFanInStl
10-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Can we get Kordell to come in and tell the team each week that they can't win?

Aussie_steeler
10-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Known Repetitive Patriot Knob Gobbler Syndrome sufferer Kordell Stewart.
http://forbesavenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ept_sports_nfl_experts-346152831-1253645552.jpg

Is that sound of silence from Kordell or just the sound of him choking on knob?

Spit it out Kordy - You cant be selfish and keep all that Patriot knob to yourself - there are plenty of others at BSPN who want their turn.

BlacknGoldBabe
10-31-2011, 04:12 AM
KorDUMBBELL.....'nuff said.