PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' TEs pose matchup problems

stillers4me
10-27-2011, 05:16 AM
The conundrum that some defensive coaches face from week to week Joe Whitt sees on a daily basis.
Whitt coaches Green Bay's defensive backs, and he can attest to the matchup problems caused by Packers tight end Jermichael Finley, who is big, fast and athletic.

"A corner's not big enough, (and) he'll outrun a linebacker," Whitt said, "so you try and put a safety type on him, and most safeties aren't athletic enough to match up on him."

Now consider that the New England Patriots have two emerging stars at tight end -- Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez -- and you get an idea of what the Steelers are up against Sunday at Heinz Field...........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764031.html

86WARD
10-27-2011, 07:42 AM
So does Branch, Welker...lol.

suitanim
10-27-2011, 08:24 AM
I guess we are just doomed to lose this week...:coffee:

X-Terminator
10-27-2011, 08:30 AM
I guess we are just doomed to lose this week...:coffee:

Yeah, I mean, why even bother to play the game? Or for that matter, why should I waste my time and money going to the game? The Pats* have already won, so let's move on to the Rats next week. :coffee:

suitanim
10-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I mean, why even bother to play the game? Or for that matter, why should I waste my time and money going to the game? The Pats* have already won, so let's move on to the Rats next week. :coffee:

Yup. Brady has passed for 500 yards and 5 TD's, Woodley sucked, Arians had a bad gameplan, and we lost 50-2. Wake me up Monday morning...

tube517
10-27-2011, 08:38 AM
The Cheats* have won the SuperBowl against the Iggles. Why even play the season? NFLN and BSPN have already laid it out.

Now, I can focus on watching The Walking Dead. :coffee:

suitanim
10-27-2011, 09:13 AM
The Cheats* have won the SuperBowl against the Iggles. Why even play the season? NFLN and BSPN have already laid it out.

Now, I can focus on watching The Walking Dead. :coffee:

GREAT show. (Hijacking). Notice how both the kids had problems simultaneously? My girlfriend thought that was odd, but, think about it: In a post-apocalyptic Zombie filled world, kids would be the most vulnerable. It stands to reason that they would be the ones who would find themselves most susceptible to trouble...

tube517
10-27-2011, 09:22 AM
GREAT show. (Hijacking). Notice how both the kids had problems simultaneously? My girlfriend thought that was odd, but, think about it: In a post-apocalyptic Zombie filled world, kids would be the most vulnerable. It stands to reason that they would be the ones who would find themselves most susceptible to trouble...

I started a new thread on the show in the BS section. :grin:

Psycho Ward 86
10-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Man, curious to see our gameplan against these guys. Week one against Pitta and Dickson go too well, albeit everyone sucked that week. Hernandez and Gronkowski are infinitely better. I hope Timmons is on Gronkowski an awful lot this game

Spike
10-27-2011, 11:57 AM
So don't give Brady time to throw!

blitz every down if you have to...but don't let him sit back there flat-footed and pick apart your soft zone coverage!

Brady gets the happy feet with pressure up the middle, he hates that. When they go empty backfield you HAVE to blitz him...giving him time and letting him sit back there and he will pick apart ANY zone...period

polamalubeast
10-27-2011, 12:02 PM
XLII:Giants(10-6) vs Patriots(16-0)

Eli Manning(23 TD 20 INT) vs Tom Brady(50 TD 8 INT)

no chance for the giants

oups

http://ihavenet.com/images/Micheal-Strahan-Super-Bowl-XLII.jpg

Craic
10-27-2011, 12:44 PM
On the TE issue,

What is going to frustrate me, is the fact that we have a LB that can cover him no problem in Timmons. But with Worlids and Harrison out, he's going to be relegated to the OLB rush/containment responsibilities.

I hope they find a way to let Timmons lose to cover Gronk.

TomlinSteelTribe
10-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Timmons has to have some coverage responsibilities in this one. If he doesn't, it's going to be rough.

BlacknGoldBabe
10-30-2011, 07:03 AM
So don't give Brady time to throw!

blitz every down if you have to...but don't let him sit back there flat-footed and pick apart your soft zone coverage!

Brady gets the happy feet with pressure up the middle, he hates that. When they go empty backfield you HAVE to blitz him...giving him time and letting him sit back there and he will pick apart ANY zone...period

That's it....do everything that Brady hates to deal with.