PDA

View Full Version : Why Tom Brady owns the Steelers

polamalubeast
10-26-2011, 03:16 PM
This is not opinion. This is fact.

Tom Brady owns the Pittsburgh Steelers. There is no simpler way to put it.

The New England Patriots' future Hall of Famer dominates the "Steel Curtain" defense like no other quarterback in NFL history. Brady beats Pittsburgh at Heinz Field. He beats Pittsburgh at Gillette Stadium. He owns the Steelers in the regular season and in the playoffs.

Brady is an impressive 6-1 all-time against Pittsburgh. He will look to add to that record Sunday when the Patriots (5-1) travel to meet the Steelers (5-2) in a possible playoff preview.

Brady is the one quarterback Pittsburgh's vaunted defense doesn't want to see on the opposing sideline. According to ESPN's Stats and Information, he's thrown for 2,008 yards and 14 touchdowns, with only three interceptions.

Brady also has a 104.8 career passer rating versus Pittsburgh and a 67.8 completion percentage.

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/33265/why-tom-brady-owns-the-steelers

Edman
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Tom Brady owns the Bills too. Didn't work out so well for him earlier this year.

Bubbachick 8-0 coming off a bye week? There's a first time for everything.

fansince'76
10-26-2011, 03:57 PM
"It's just a terrible matchup for the Steelers," Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. explained. "Any time you design a defense or offense, you're going to have strengths and weaknesses. ... Their defense isn't a good fit for the Patriots. If you're just looking at the roster, you want to force the Steelers to play nickel. You want to take Casey Hampton off the field when he's healthy and replace him with William Gay. Hampton is a good player and Gay isn't. The Patriots have the weapons and the receiving threats to do that."

Guess Matt Williamson of "Scouts Inc." didn't get the memo that Gay is a starter now. You'd think someone representing an organization named "Scouts Inc." would know that....

Chidi29
10-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Guess Matt Williamson of "Scouts Inc." didn't get the memo that Gay is a starter now. You'd think someone representing an organization named "Scouts Inc." would know that....

You'd think but of course, that would take work and effort.

Shoes
10-26-2011, 07:48 PM
After reading that why even play the game....they have the cheats down for the win. I'm getting a feeling in my gut that Brady is going to be digging a lot of turf from his helmet on Sunday. I'm going to say it...we win this one!

GBMelBlount
10-26-2011, 08:17 PM
we need to pressure Brady, play the receivers tight on the line AND watch the guys coming out of the backfield.

He gets rid of the ball so quick it is not easy

....and bitch slap him a few times....it will be worth the 15 yards to get him rattled.

Chidi29
10-26-2011, 08:27 PM
we need to pressure Brady, play the receivers tight on the line AND watch the guys coming out of the backfield.

....and bitch slap him a few times....it will be worth the 15 yards to get him rattled.

Yeah, because us slapping Brady in the head or after the whistle shows we're not rattled coming in...

GBMelBlount
10-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah, because us slapping Brady in the head or after the whistle shows we're not rattled coming in...

Shrug. whatever.

Chidi29
10-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Shrug. whatever.

Does that not show that we're intimidated and we think the only way we can slow him down is through illegal play? Is that the message you want to send?

GBMelBlount
10-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Does that not show that we're intimidated and we think the only way we can slow him down is through illegal play? Is that the message you want to send?

You are not a competitive athlete, are you?...

Edman
10-26-2011, 08:55 PM
After reading that why even play the game....they have the cheats down for the win. I'm getting a feeling in my gut that Brady is going to be digging a lot of turf from his helmet on Sunday. I'm going to say it...we win this one!

Nobody expected the Bills to beat New England either. Before that game Brady beat Buffalo 12 straight times. Nothing is a slam dunk anymore. Any given Sunday.

The Steelers can do is just play, though to be honest I don't like their chances.

Chidi29
10-26-2011, 09:18 PM
You are not a competitive athlete, are you?...

Illegal penalties = being competitive?

Weren't we mad at Kemoeatu for being an idiot last week?

GBMelBlount
10-26-2011, 09:53 PM
It appears you are not a competitive athlete and have not experienced the effects of this type of intimidation strategy first hand.

I appreciate your efforts to use an extremely poor example (imo) to further your argument so I will hopefully be able to put it in better context since you are obviously eager to engage me on this.

We can hopefully pick this discussion up tomorrow. It is past my bed time. I am no longer 18...

steelreserve
10-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Anyone paying attention should be able to tell whether we'll win or not in the first 5 minutes. We come out playing hard defense, we likely win. We come out playing the sit-back, we lose by two touchdowns and it's not even really that close. 80% of the time we play New England, we play the sit-back. Hoping this one is different, but not holding my breath ...

O'Malley
10-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Easiest way to beat the Patriots***, knock Brady out of the game... Use a backup LB to hit him and put him out!!!!

NCSteeler
10-27-2011, 12:27 AM
It appears you are not a competitive athlete and have not experienced the effects of this type of intimidation strategy first hand.

I appreciate your efforts to use an extremely poor example (imo) to further your argument so I will hopefully be able to put it in better context since you are obviously eager to engage me on this.

We can hopefully pick this discussion up tomorrow. It is past my bed time. I am no longer 18 x 2...

Fixed

NCSteeler
10-27-2011, 12:41 AM
"I think [Harrison] is one of the top 10 or 15 players in the league, and now they're weaker at two positions," Williamson said. "Lawrence Timmons was a force on the inside. Now, he's disappeared on the outside. So they're much weaker there, and they're much weaker inside where Timmons used to be."

Would it be better to put one of the young guys in at OLB and stay strong in the middle? It certainly does seem that Timmons talents are being wasted.

Count Steeler
10-27-2011, 05:10 AM
Just don't give him all day to throw. Welker and Gronkowski are big challenges for us if we can't put pressure on Marsha. If his skirt doesn't get dirty, we better be ready to put up 45.

86WARD
10-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Hernandez is probably a bigger weapon than the Gronkowski. He's just been injured. Probably the best receiver on the team behind Welker.

zulater
10-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Tom Brady is going to be foreclosed upon by the Steelers this Sunday. F#** this bullshit loser talk that he "owns the Steelers!" You know what the Steelers own? Two mf'ing Super Bowl rings since pretty boy put on his last one. :hmm:

Sorry but I get enough of this negative bullshit at ESPN and the NFL network. I don't need to see it here. :coffee:

steel striker
10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Yep I'm tired of this we can't win crap and, if the defense can pressure Marsha we can win this game. We have the offense to put up enough points. Time for Troy to be the difference maker with a gamechanging play. I know it is alot if if's. We are due for a great game agianst the cheats.

Psycho Ward 86
10-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I really dont think we have a chance in hell if we dont have a balanced gameplan. I think people put way too much on that giants/patriots superbowl. That was a long ass time ago. Meanwhile, in recent years, the Ryan brothers have used shell coverage and disguises while sending limited blitzes to confuse Brady, and they've been very successful over a repeated number of times. Not just ONE game that rode mostly on momentum and rahrah like the giants did.

..And what the hell is with this talk about illegal dirty play to win this game? Um yeah...thats really classy and "competitive" of some of you fellas...

GBMelBlount
10-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount

Chidi

Chidi

Weren't we mad at Kemoeatu for being an idiot last week?

I personally am not aware of and studies linking unnecessary roughness being due to the perpetrator(s) feeling intimidated.

It can be looked at as simply a strategic tool to rattle the normally unflappable Brady.

I understand your point on Kemoeatu....that was a huge waste of 15 yards.

A 15 yeard penalty for a linebacker pounding the shit out of brady a quarter second after he releases....no, I would not be upset.

Intimidating Brady may make the difference between a win vs. a loss.

It is simply my opinon.

O'Malley
10-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I personally am not aware of and studies linking unnecessary roughness being due to the perpetrator(s) feeling intimidated.

It can be looked at as simply a strategic tool to rattle the normally unflappable Brady.

I understand your point on Kemoeatu....that was a huge waste of 15 yards.

A 15 yeard penalty for a linebacker pounding the shit out of brady a quarter second after he releases....no, I would not be upset.

Intimidating Brady may make the difference between a win vs. a loss.

It is simply my opinon.

IMO it's the correct opinion...

Psycho Ward 86
10-27-2011, 10:47 PM
"New England adapts week-to-week to their opponent better than anyone in league on both sides of the ball," Williamson said. "Where I think the Steelers are more like 'We're the Steelers, and we're just better than you.'"

Ok that just bothers me a shit ton. this chump needs to back up his horribly unproven assumptions