PDA

View Full Version : Steelers coach Mike Tomlin calls some media analysis “elevator music” which is funny

polamalubeast
10-26-2011, 02:32 PM
One of the storylines going on for the Steelers, the Patriots opponent on Sunday, is whether the defense is too old. It was debated nationally early on. After losing by 28 to the Ravens, NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp said, “It’s over.”

Now, Pittsburgh has won three straight and looked strong. So, I asked coach Mike Tomlin and his No. 3 ranked defense — have you gotten younger?

“Nah, you know, we don’t pay attention to the elevator music,” said Tomlin on a conference call today, making media members (including me) laugh. “We really don’t. That’s stuff they say. We simply stay focused on what it is that we’re doing and that’s how we prepared ultimately how we play. We understand that we’re going to be judged based on our performance but it’s just that. It’s based on our performance. We stay focused on our performance.”

read more

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/10/26/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-calls-some-media-analysis-elevator-music-which-is-funny/

fansince'76
10-26-2011, 02:35 PM
A new "Tomlinism!" :chuckle:

tube517
10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah, ok, Coach T. I'm sure you didn't use that soundbite from Sapp to motivate the defense. Mmm hmmm.

Eleveator music..... :rofl2: