PDA

View Full Version : the Steelers have a chance to make a statement the next two weeks.

polamalubeast
10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
There's no disputing that the next two games are huge for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens come to town, and everyone knows what that means: The Steelers get another crack at ending Tom Brady's dominance over them and get an opportunity to avenge a season-opening beatdown from the Ravens.

But the motivation for these next two weeks at Heinz Field goes beyond redemption. It's revelation time for Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and the rest of the Steelers.

Eight weeks into the regular season, the Steel City gets to see if this year's team has championship mettle. The Steelers can prove they're a major player in the AFC by beating the Patriots. They can show who's in control of the AFC North by taking down the Ravens.

Who are the Steelers at this point? They've beaten the teams they're supposed to beat. Pittsburgh's five victories have come against Seattle, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Jacksonville and Arizona -- teams with a combined 8-24 record (.250).

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/47224/revelation-time-is-here-for-steelers

polamalubeast
10-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Some suggest that the Steelers’ game against Baltimore is more important because of the implications in the division. Tomlin acknowledged his team is more emotionally vested in the Ravens’ rivalry than the one on Sunday, despite the fact that the Patriots stopped Pittsburgh from going to the Super Bowl in 2001 and 2004.

"Many of our guys were not a part of this history when it started, because you are talking about 2001 and 2004,” Tomlin said. “So, it's not similar in that way. We play Baltimore twice a year, sometimes three times a year over the last three to five years. So it's different from that standpoint. I am not going to assume anything. I am going to educate our guys about this matchup and this football team because it is different in that way."

What the Steelers have proven so far is they don’t suffer letdowns (except for one half against the Jaguars) and they don’t make excuses.

steeldevil
10-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Next 3 weeks actually.

Carolina Steelers
10-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Next 3 weeks actually.

Agreed some people are forgetting about the Bengals their right there in the race also.

SteelerEmpire
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Steelers have been to half the SB's in the last 6 yrs. The Pats haven't even won a playoff game in 4 or 5 yrs. Lets go out there and show them who's the boss !!!

Edman
10-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Patriots: New England had made mincemeat of the Steelers and made it look easy. So bad that they generally don't consider Pittsburgh a threat anymore. Beating them puts them and the AFC on notice.

Ravens: The team responsible for jumpstarting the "Steelers are old and done" talk back in Week 1. Baltimore thought they have finally done away with their Steeler trouble and it's smooth sailing to the AFC North Division. Beating them, in a bigger game with higher stakes proves that not only was Week 1 a fluke, but it establishes that's nothing changed and we're still their superior.

@Bengals: A trap game if I ever saw one. Cincy is playing Top 5 Defense and Dalton is having a good season. Bengals are more than Proof that the Steelers are able to handle trap games. Don't sleep on the Bengals.

These next three games will tell the truth of the 2011 Steelers. Gonna be some excitement coming up.

86WARD
10-26-2011, 02:19 PM
A statement will be made either way. Let's hope it's the good statement...

suitanim
10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
I also would hate to see us peak too soon.

fansince'76
10-26-2011, 03:51 PM
I also would hate to see us peak too soon.

Agreed. See 2004....