PDA

View Full Version : Hampton could return for Sunday's game

stillers4me
10-26-2011, 05:22 AM
Nose tackle Casey Hampton is scheduled to practice today, and he could return to the starting lineup Sunday when the Steelers host the New England Patriots. The Steelers, meanwhile, are taking a wait-and-see approach with wide receiver Hines Ward, who is nursing a sprained ankle. Hampton has missed the past three games with a shoulder injury, but coach Mike Tomlin said the five-time Pro Bowler "has taken a step" forward. "We could get him back in the fold and, of course, that would be a nice shot in the arm for us up front defensively," Tomlin said. Ward hurt his right ankle in the second half of Sunday's game at Arizona. Tomlin said the Steelers should have a better read on the 14th-year veteran after today. "I won't be surprised by anything that Hines is capable of doing, particularly from a health standpoint," Tomlin said.................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763790.html

HometownGal
10-26-2011, 06:50 AM
While I'd really love to see both of them back against the Cheats*, I'd like to see them at full strength and not risk aggravating their injuries by getting back into the lineup too soon. I guess we'll know something later in the week.

steelerdiva
10-26-2011, 07:18 AM
While I'd really love to see both of them back against the Cheats*, I'd like to see them at full strength and not risk aggravating their injuries by getting back into the lineup too soon. I guess we'll know something later in the week.

I agree...

The Duke
10-26-2011, 08:30 AM
I want our Hampton (not the one that has been playing this year) to stuff Ray Rice next week. I he isn't 100% sit him, he'd barely play anyway

Bluecoat96
10-26-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm completely speculating here, and you all may feel free to call me an idiot, but I wonder if Hampton's injury wasn't so severe that he could have played if our last couple of games were against more formidable opponents, like the Cheats* and Ratbirds. I just wonder if they were really resting him as much as possible to be as close to 100% for this tough part of the schedule. Just one of the many random thoughts that go through my brain on a daily basis.

86WARD
10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Rather see Hoke back...lol.

SteelGhost
10-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm completely speculating here, and you all may feel free to call me an idiot, but I wonder if Hampton's injury wasn't so severe that he could have played if our last couple of games were against more formidable opponents, like the Cheats* and Ratbirds. I just wonder if they were really resting him as much as possible to be as close to 100% for this tough part of the schedule. Just one of the many random thoughts that go through my brain on a daily basis.

Maybe you're right MS :thumbsup:

tube517
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Rather see Hoke back...lol.

This ^^^

86WARD
10-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Hampton at this point, is nothing more than a short yardage goal line guy and should only see part time play. He's just not showing the pish or the strength to get the job done. I'm a big fan, but his play has been sub-casey Hampton...

Edman
10-26-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't really like this to be honest.

Psycho Ward 86
10-26-2011, 06:19 PM
I dont necessarily care if Hampton comes back, but we need either him or Hoke back for this one at the very least