PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' defense porous for a reason

stillers4me
10-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Tom Brady has made opposing defenses look bad for years. Apparently, the New England quarterback is doing the same to his own this season.

Numbers don't paint a pretty picture for the Patriots' defense, which is yielding more than 300 passing yards per game.

But Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said such statistics are skewed since opposing teams frequently play from behind -- and throw the ball a lot -- because of Brady's brilliance.

"If you come in and think they're the 32nd-best defense in football, you're kidding yourself," Tomlin said of the Patriots, who visit Heinz Field on Sunday for an AFC showdown. "That's a function of them just whacking people and being way out in front."...................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763787.html

suitanim
10-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Perhaps it's simply a function of them not actually knowing what plays the other team has called?

HometownGal
10-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Perhaps it's simply a function of them not actually knowing what plays the other team has called?

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

SteelGhost
10-26-2011, 09:30 AM

:rofl2:

Psycho Ward 86
10-26-2011, 06:18 PM
...and yet that mediocre defense made us look just plain silly last season in a freakin blow out. We had no offense until the middle of the 4th quarter. Im very impressed at the patriot's scoring defense considering how much yardage is given. Not going to dig for statistics but that is a great indicator that they know how to play in the redzone. That aint good news for us.

BigNastyDefense
10-27-2011, 12:26 AM
...and yet that mediocre defense made us look just plain silly last season in a freakin blow out. We had no offense until the middle of the 4th quarter. Im very impressed at the patriot's scoring defense considering how much yardage is given. Not going to dig for statistics but that is a great indicator that they know how to play in the redzone. That aint good news for us.

At this moment, the Patriots* defense is tied at tenth place in scoring defense with the Titans. They are giving up an average of 22.5 ppg, the Steelers are at 6th place giving up an average of 17.4 ppg.

tube517
10-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Cheats* have a bend but don't break mentality. Even w/their name players, they weren't dominant but they played great "situational" football (Tomlinism). They aren't as good as the previous years' teams but they play enough to win and that is all that counts.

Psycho Ward 86
10-27-2011, 10:24 AM
At this moment, the Patriots* defense is tied at tenth place in scoring defense with the Titans. They are giving up an average of 22.5 ppg, the Steelers are at 6th place giving up an average of 17.4 ppg.

And we're 19th in points scored with 21.6 and they're 4th in points scored with 30.8. What's your point? You think they're only going to score 17 points on us? lol!

BigNastyDefense
10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
And we're 19th in points scored with 21.6 and they're 4th in points scored with 30.8. What's your point? You think they're only going to score 17 points on us? lol!

LMAO. Only 17 points?

I was just pointing out where they were at since I was on NFL.com anyhow. I think they'll score more than 17, but we'll score more than 22.

I think the Steelers win this game 34-24.