PDA

View Full Version : Turnovers

Psycho Ward 86
10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
From a defensive standpoint, i think we can all agree that we're looking pretty good for the most part, especially considering the injuries pounding us along the O-line and the linebacker corp, but week after week it looks like the defensive side of the ball shocks us by failing to come up with a whole of turnovers. 3 in 7 games? Just astonishing, 2 of those being interceptions off of TIPPED PASSES. What's up with the TO department this year? Because we're going to need quite a few if we want to make it through these next 3 games alive

O'Malley
10-25-2011, 06:39 PM
They will come... Maybe their saving them up for tough games....

Count Steeler
10-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I know Troy has missed 3 sure interceptions. Maybe he is wearing Ike's gloves?

tube517
10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I know Troy has missed 3 sure interceptions. Maybe he is wearing Ike's gloves?

He's been using the cell phone too much.

7willBheaven
10-25-2011, 10:10 PM
I could care less about getting turnovers...as long as they win thats all that matters. I think people put TOO much into the getting turnovers stuff. Yes the team has been known over the years to get quite a few/etc...but turnovers are far from gimmes in any game. I would take a winning season with NO turnovers compared to a crappy season with 50.

BigNastyDefense
10-25-2011, 10:52 PM
I could care less about getting turnovers...as long as they win thats all that matters. I think people put TOO much into the getting turnovers stuff. Yes the team has been known over the years to get quite a few/etc...but turnovers are far from gimmes in any game. I would take a winning season with NO turnovers compared to a crappy season with 50.

I agree.

Turnovers are great, but it's not the end all be all of a defense.

They will come, it might not be as high of a number as we're used to, but we'll get our fair share. We're used to seeing Polamalu make the most incredible ones...he's missed a few easy ones this year, but he'll get them.

wvsportsman
10-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I think more importantly, is not turning the ball over ourselves! Which they have
done a good job the last few games.

Psycho Ward 86
10-26-2011, 06:11 PM
I think people put TOO much into the getting turnovers stuff.

lol WHAT

steeldevil
10-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Stopping the other team from scoring is the goal on defense. Whether its getting a TO or just forcing a punt. I'm fine either way. TOs are better of course, but both accomplish the goal. Unless of course for some dumb ass reason you call a punt block and rough the punter, allowing the other team to get the ball back....

polamalubeast
10-26-2011, 06:32 PM
The Ravens are 8th in points scored, despite the fact that their offense is struggling.

The reason is that the Ravens defense make a lot of turnovers.

fansince'76
10-26-2011, 07:39 PM
The Ravens are 8th in points scored, despite the fact that their offense is struggling.

The reason is that the Ravens defense make a lot of turnovers.

And are currently a half game back in the division coming off a loss to a 1-5 team....

steelerdude15
10-26-2011, 07:59 PM
If we get turnovers on Sunday.... we could probably win.

Psycho Ward 86
10-27-2011, 11:39 AM
If we get turnovers on Sunday.... we could probably win.

correction: that might be the ONLY way we win. Tom Brady in his 6 career wins against the Steelers has 14 TD's and 1 INT. In his lone career loss in 2004....no TD's and 2 INTs.

No offense 7willbeheaven, but i have never heard of anyone UNDERRATING turnovers in my entire life.

st33lersguy
10-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Troy seems to have extracted Limas hands this year