PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin press conference

polamalubeast
10-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Re: Importance of sacking Tom Brady

"I don't know that sacks determine success against this group to be honest with you. It just depends on how they choose to attack us. If they are throwing the ball vertically down the field then we better pressure the quarterback and sacks better be an element of the equation. If they are in empty and they are spreading the football around with short passes then that might be something that is not an element of the equation. So we are not going to measure success by that stat alone. It largely depends on how they choose to attack us."

How different are they from past Patriots teams?

"If you look at their complete body of work they are very similar. They are very multiple. They can attack you in a variety of ways. They can line up and play empty no-huddle football. They can put two or three tight end type bodies on the field and pound you. They are very multiple. They have been together, of course, for a long time. They have great continuity between core players and coaches. It just depends on what personality they choose to be this week, that will determine if they are very similar or very dissimilar to how they approached us a year ago."

Are they unique in the league?

No, I think what they do comes from continuity and I think you can point to other teams that have great continuity on offense particularly. Of course a franchise-type caliber quarterback, you can point to New Orleans and teams such as that and see similarities."

Are they still a pass first outfit?

"I think they attack how they choose to attack you. We know they are capable of moving up and down the field passing the football but we are not going to underestimate what they are capable of doing running the football, like I mentioned earlier. They are tenth in the league with running the football. They have a nice stable of guys. They are good enough to determine how they want to attack you and have a strong chance at being successful."

Re: The personality of their defense:

"I really think it is their whim of the week in terms of how they choose to attack you or maybe what's toughest for you to block, dictates their personality. You would have to ask those guys what ultimately dictates that. I know they are very multiple, similar to how they are offensively."

Do you look at tapes from games where teams were able to take them down?

I don't want to make more out of that than what has already been made but that is what we do every week. We look at what people do against our opponents and what they have success at and if it is in our comfort zone, we consider utilizing it. So this week is no different than any other."

You said New England's offense is multiple. Is your teams' offense getting close to that?

"I think we are moving in that direction. I like some of the things that we have been able to do with our multiple tight end personnel groups and our multiple wide receiver personnel groups. We have had success in different packages and I'd like to think that we are moving in that direction."

read more

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/mike-tomlin-press-conference/article_96977390-ff46-11e0-b7eb-001a4bcf6878.html

Psycho Ward 86
10-25-2011, 04:58 PM
*Breaking News*

TOMLINISM WATCH

"I am not ready to paint with a broad brush at this point."

"I am not ready at this juncture to even say that this is going to be an element of this thing."

"He puts his hand in the pile to help us win"

:chuckle:

salamander
10-25-2011, 05:32 PM
*Breaking News*

TOMLINISM WATCH

"I am not ready to paint with a broad brush at this point."

"I am not ready at this juncture to even say that this is going to be an element of this thing."

"He puts his hand in the pile to help us win"

:chuckle:

Classic. :lol:

tube517
10-25-2011, 05:37 PM

:huh:

steel striker
10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
I think the way to beating them is make Brady move around make him uncomfortable. You can't just let him sit back there and, bounce up and down he will pick us apart I know we have seen that way too much the past games. This is the game for the offense to put up 35-40 points and, I know against that defense it is possible. Ben & o-line will have to be real good. Not to mention Troy needs to make one big game turning play. I'm asking alot but, I know our guys can do it.

Count Steeler
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Troy has to be active and involved. A strip six would be nice. Timmons will have to step up his game and cover the TE in the flat.

Edman
10-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Pressure and hits are more important than sacks when it comes to Brady. Pressure the hell out of him. I don't care how it's done, but there needs to be pressure.