PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor's 40 Time

SteelerEmpire
10-24-2011, 07:57 PM
"— leading up to the draft, he was timed as fast as 4.18 seconds in the 40-yard dash."

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Taylor

Yep. That rivals Wallace in speed. I say he's a top 5 CB right now... maybe even top 3...

Austin87
10-25-2011, 04:29 AM
That's crazy fast. Ike is probably faster than Wallace.

Buckinnuts
10-25-2011, 08:00 AM
looked top 5 on Sunday everytime they threw a flag on him..lol

suitanim
10-25-2011, 08:27 AM
looked top 5 on Sunday everytime they threw a flag on him..lol

He played Fitz exactly the way you have to. He was aggressive. I'd rather give up 5 yards and a first down a couple times then get smoked deep. I remember exactly one play Ike gave up to Fitz, and he had about as good of coverage as you could ask. We need him AND Gay to employ the same technique this week. Play aggressive, blanket coverage, up at the LOS, MAN-TO-MAN.

Ike is absolutely at the top of his game right now...true shutdown corner.

SCSTILLER
10-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Obviously he isn't as good as the other CB's in the league because he doesn't get the interceptions they do *sarcasm alert*

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Ike was listed in his draft year as running a 4.33 in the 40 yd dash. He wasnt invited to the combine. Still fast and still playing the best football of his career right now.

Merchant
10-25-2011, 10:02 AM
That's crazy fast. Ike is probably faster than Wallace.

Highly doubt that. MAYBE back when he was first coming out of college. Definitely not now.

steelerdude15
10-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Ike is playing extremely well this year.

zulater
10-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Ike is playing extremely well this year.

Up until this last game he was. He sure struggled against the Cardinals. And it wasn't just the penalties he took, he was struggling in coverage most of the game. Maybe he had an injury nagging him? Regardless I hope like heck he's over it by Sunday!

GBMelBlount
10-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Highly doubt that. MAYBE back when he was first coming out of college. Definitely not now.

When the announcer called Wallace the fastest man in the nfl I immediately told my wife that it is very possible Taylor could match him stride for stride in a straight sprint.

If I am not mistaken Taylor ran a 4.26 at the camp in florida this offseason....barefoot, backwards and carrying Max Starks.

suitanim
10-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Up until this last game he was. He sure struggled against the Cardinals. And it wasn't just the penalties he took, he was struggling in coverage most of the game. Maybe he had an injury nagging him? Regardless I hope like heck he's over it by Sunday!

I honestly did not see that. He was draped all over Fitzgerald the whole game. The one interference call was bullshit. The catch Larry made was all him, as Ike had outstanding coverage and position. What makes Fitz so awesome is his ability to catch passes even when totally blanketed. I actually thought it may have been Ike's best game.

fansince'76
10-25-2011, 12:01 PM
The catch Larry made was all him, as Ike had outstanding coverage and position. What makes Fitz so awesome is his ability to catch passes even when totally blanketed.

Yep. Neither Asomugha or Revis would have prevented that TD either. Ike had great coverage on him. I'm only glad Fitz didn't have more of those. It's why Fitz is easily a top 3 receiver.

tube517
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/10036-Swaggin (video from 2009, Wallace's rookie year - Ike mentions Wallace in the video)

LLT
10-25-2011, 12:25 PM
If I am not mistaken Taylor ran a 4.26 at the camp in florida this offseason....barefoot, backwards and carrying Max Starks.

:sofunny:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
I honestly did not see that. He was draped all over Fitzgerald the whole game. The one interference call was bullshit. The catch Larry made was all him, as Ike had outstanding coverage and position. What makes Fitz so awesome is his ability to catch passes even when totally blanketed. I actually thought it may have been Ike's best game.

This has honestly got to be a sign of the apocalypse. I cant agree more with you.

Ike was all over Fitzgerald and shadowed him all over the field. Some teams may talk about rolling extra coverage over to a WR as talented as Fitz, but Ike had him all day and did a solid job. I honestly think Megatron, Andre Johnson and Fitzgerald are the top 3 WR in the league and Fitz got a lesson from Swaggin U on Sunday.

zulater
10-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Well he was flagged 3 times for PI, he missed a tackle on one play and allowed the receiver to get an extra ten yards, and got beat for at least 3 passes that I can remember. Not saying he stunk, but he had some rough moments.

Craic
10-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Well he was flagged 3 times for PI, he missed a tackle on one play and allowed the receiver to get an extra ten yards, and got beat for at least 3 passes that I can remember. Not saying he stunk, but he had some rough moments.

Being flagged for PI is not necessarily a sign that he was struggling. If you go back and look, the PI wasn't him reaching out and trying to pull Fitz back, or slow him down so Ike could catch up, or recover because Ike was juked on a move. It was because they were battling down the field. Those were aggression PI calls.

There are times that you are going to go up against a player that simply has been given better physical tools than what you have. Fitz is one of them. The way you counter that, is to be aggressive and risk the PI call.

You do realize that coming into the game, Larry Fitzgerald averaged 85.4 YPG, 5.4 Receptions a game, and an average of basically a TD every two games. Yet Ike kept him to 4 Rec. 78 Yds and 0 TDs.

I had no problem the way he played.

suitanim
10-26-2011, 05:38 AM
He had one long pass catch. The rest of the day he looked like Sweed.

Swaggin'.

Psycho Ward 86
10-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Ike missed back to back tackles on the running back during the game. But i actually liked what he did in coverage. Fitzgerald had an ok game which imo speaks volumes about what Ike did. He had him locked down for the most part, one of those PI calls wasnt great, and the other PI calls i was fine with since they werent massive chunks of yardage that he was costing us. Fitz couldve scored if Ike didnt play so physical against him based on the impressive tackle-breaking clinic Fitz put on on Sunday