PDA

View Full Version : Is it Roethlisberger's time?

stillers4me
10-24-2011, 08:26 AM
There’s going to be a lot written and said in Pittsburgh this week about Tom Brady. Same with Wes Welker. And well there should.

Brady might not be the best quarterback in the NFL these days, with the ascendancy of Aaron Rodgers, but he’s already an all-time great and a dead-certain Hall of Famer. Welker is his favorite receiver with the New England Patriots and leads the NFL in yards, catches and yards-after-catch.

They are a formidable pair and many see them as the leading villains in yet another rout of the Steelers when the teams meet Sunday at Heinz Field.

But at the same time there should be a lot written and spoken in Boston and throughout New England this week about Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Wallace. Neither has reached the level of their profession that Brady and Welker have. But they’re moving in that direction............

read more @ http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/30530-is-it-roethlisbergers-time

steelerdude15
10-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Give it some time.... Mikey is going to be one the best WR in the game.

The Duke
10-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Give it some time.... Mikey is going to be one the best WR in the game.

I hope that title doesn't come until he has a nice long contract :chuckle:

tube517
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
He'll never be a media darling but gone are the days if he has over 25 pass attempts and throws over 300 yds that means that they are in trouble. In fact, I liked the way he's been dumping off to the RB lately and getting some quick passes in. Mendy should be used more in the passing game, unlike FWP, he can catch.

GodfatherofSoul
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
There are a lot of guys in this league riding the pine who would look like hall-of-famers if they had 10 seconds to make every completion.

salamander
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm saving all judgements of any player until after we face the Pats* and then the Ravens and Bungles. It's going to be a tough next couple of weeks. Time to see what our guys are truly made of.

fansince'76
10-24-2011, 11:30 AM
There are a lot of guys in this league riding the pine who would look like hall-of-famers if they had 10 seconds to make every completion.

^ ^ ^ ^
This.

ALLD
10-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Wallace has a unique combination of hyperspeed and good hands which makes him more entertaining to watch than Wayne Chrebet II.