PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 complaint department is open.

zulater
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Outside of Woodley where was the pass rush? Yeah I know we won easily today, but you give Tom Brady that kind of time he'll kill you!

Kemo takes another stupid penalty and gives up a sack! Sorry but we're a better team when Legurskey is healthy, even though Doug isn't as physically gifted as Kemo. Sersiously, can this turd get through a game without doing something stupid?

Mendenhall is our 3rd best back. He wants a fullback, guess we better give it to him or start Isaac. Because Mendy just isn't very good without a fullback.

That's it for me this week as far as complaints. :wink02:

Merchant
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Kemo has got to be one of the dumbest players in the NFL. HOWW do you manage to continuously do something so stupid as dive in late to the pile?

polamalubeast
10-23-2011, 07:12 PM
73 yard TD(second TD of Cards)

unacceptable

86WARD
10-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Kemo fucking blows. No big complaints other than some minor breakdowns here and there. Penalties need to be taken care of...other than that, good game had by all.

The Duke
10-23-2011, 07:26 PM
73 yard TD(second TD of Cards)

unacceptable

yeah, that was the worst part of the game

their first td was a nice drive, and the last one was a garbage one. But that was really unacceptable

Timmons probably tackles him faster than Farrior though. Can't wait for Silverback to be back at his spot

Psycho Ward 86
10-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Those back to back TD drive were just embarassing

steelerdiva
10-23-2011, 07:32 PM
My only complaint...the garbage TD allowed late in the game.

Other than that...this was a solid team effort and I am very pleased with the overall perfomance today.

Psycho Ward 86
10-23-2011, 07:40 PM
My only complaint...the garbage TD allowed late in the game.

Other than that...this was a solid team effort and I am very pleased with the overall perfomance today.

what's your definition of a garbage TD? That 73 yard sitcom by Howling? Or the 80 yard drive assisted by infinite pass interferences on the drive right before?

steel striker
10-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah dump play by Kemo and, he seems to have a history for doing this. I was surprised that we could not run the ball early. I hope our defense can play better next week against Marsha. I know I'm asking alot but, I think the offense is going to have to score 35 points to have a chance.

steelreserve
10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Seriously Kemo, WTF? What good does it even do to throw yourself on the pile after the play is over? This is not the first time I've seen him do that either.

7willBheaven
10-23-2011, 08:07 PM
what's your definition of a garbage TD? That 73 yard sitcom by Howling? Or the 80 yard drive assisted by infinite pass interferences on the drive right before?

I think they're referring to their last TD/3rd of the game...when the D seemed to go into the prevent D/etc.

7willBheaven
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
My main issues...besides little crap here or there...is Kemo, 'nuff said

tube517
10-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Ben was too greedy. Wallace looked slow. Manny Sanders is done. Antonio Brown is just a huge disappointment. Earl Miller is not an elite TE. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
10-23-2011, 10:12 PM
The string of penalties that caused the 1st TD,2nd TD, and the fact that Kemo only hits someone after the play

Psycho Ward 86
10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
I think they're referring to their last TD/3rd of the game...when the D seemed to go into the prevent D/etc.

What game were you watching? Lebeau was clearly blitzing 5 or 6 relentlessly towards the end of the game. i loved that he did that, but we just werent getting there. Part of it is because the Cardinals didnt really take Mclendon seriously sometimes and single blocked him, freeing up a lineman for some of the extra guys we were sending. Plus Harrison was gone obviously, and Foote fell over a TON of times and got stonewalled at the line of scrimmage a hell of a lot too when he was trying to blitz.

Cant recall a drive where we consistently went into "prevent D" at any point of the game. Im sure Chidi would agree for the most part.

JayC
10-23-2011, 10:29 PM
hopefully this is kemo's last year and his contract expires. dont like that guy

Moose
10-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Complaint - Kemo is still making stupid, butt head mistakes. Time for the coach/coaches to pin his ears back or put his ass on some pine for the remainder of the year.

steelerrob
10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Agreed, Kemo. Dumb as ass. It's that kind of cr@p that usually ends up turning the game around for us when we're winning. Ben was noticeably displeased.....

Chidi29
10-23-2011, 11:18 PM
What game were you watching? Lebeau was clearly blitzing 5 or 6 relentlessly towards the end of the game. i loved that he did that, but we just werent getting there. Part of it is because the Cardinals didnt really take Mclendon seriously sometimes and single blocked him, freeing up a lineman for some of the extra guys we were sending. Plus Harrison was gone obviously, and Foote fell over a TON of times and got stonewalled at the line of scrimmage a hell of a lot too when he was trying to blitz.

Cant recall a drive where we consistently went into "prevent D" at any point of the game. Im sure Chidi would agree for the most part.

Yeah, I don't remember it either.

And even if they did, who cares? That's the defense that we often play.

zulater
10-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Agreed, Kemo. Dumb as ass. It's that kind of cr@p that usually ends up turning the game around for us when we're winning. Ben was noticeably displeased.....

It was 7-0 game at the time of that penalty, we were across midfield, and would have been facing a 3rd and 3 when he speared into the pile. In other words, 3rd and 3 becomes 3rd and 18, and he essentially robbed his team off a great scoring opportunity. Do that against the Ravens or the Patriots and you may not overcome it.

XxKnightxX
10-24-2011, 06:34 AM
As much as I hate to say this. Kemo should be waiting for a 10k or 15k fine. The retard deserves it . Hotheaded moron. Other than that I was too pleased with the outcome of the game. We played a team that sucks and we whooped their ass up and down the field.

zulater
10-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu didn't waste much time making his presence felt after missing the previous two games. Not that the Steelers wanted Kemoeatu to announce his return in the way that he did. Kemoeatu picked up facemask and personal foul penalties in the first quarter -- on the same possession, no less. The second penalty short-circuited a promising drive. There always has been a fine line between aggressive and ill-advised play when it comes to Kemoeatu, who also struggled in pass blocking yesterday. The less he flirts with it, the better it will be for the Steelers.

Read more: Short passes get Steelers' offense going - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763487.html#ixzz1bhUhz7Sw

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
#1- The offensive line wasnt that good. They were porous in both the running game and pass protection, but had moments they shined. Inconsistent is the best thing to say.

#2- Farrior is old and we have no replacement for him on the roster yet. Not as much a factor at ILB.

#3- Where will the pass rush come from when James Harrison is gone? Jason Worilds? Chris Carter?? its not from Timmons at OLB.

Positives, Ben getting rid of the ball quick, Young Money and Heath, Youthful D line, Young CB's???(Lewis and Allen were playing in the dime...cant wait to see if Curtis Brown pans out next season)

Dino 6 Rings
10-24-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm tired of them trying to use Brown as the Deep man when clearly he is unable to get the deep ball seperation the way Wallace can. How many times to I have to see the ball going deep hoping to see Wallace run under it, only to see Brown come up short and it "just miss" being a big play?

Wallace is our Moss, don't try to send someone else deep when he is clearly the fastest mother fcker on the field. Its just a Coach trying to out think the room. Stop with it already and just use the talent you have to its ability. Send Wallace. Damn It.

Chidi29
10-24-2011, 10:29 AM
What do we think of Kemoeatu's play other than the late hit?

Chidi29
10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
#1- The offensive line wasnt that good. They were porous in both the running game and pass protection, but had moments they shined. Inconsistent is the best thing to say.

#2- Farrior is old and we have no replacement for him on the roster yet. Not as much a factor at ILB.

#3- Where will the pass rush come from when James Harrison is gone? Jason Worilds? Chris Carter?? its not from Timmons at OLB.

Positives, Ben getting rid of the ball quick, Young Money and Heath, Youthful D line, Young CB's???(Lewis and Allen were playing in the dime...cant wait to see if Curtis Brown pans out next season)

Nice catch. I was wondering why Allen was out there over McFadden. I've only seem him on kick coverage the past few weeks.

tube517
10-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Nice catch. I was wondering why Allen was out there over McFadden. I've only seem him on kick coverage the past few weeks.

I forgot the article, but BMac has been pushed down the depth chart and if Allen was out there in the dime, he has really fallen down the depth chart. He's probably gone after this year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-24-2011, 10:44 AM
He has regressed from last year IMO. Maybe its the injuries or maybe getting lazy. He has never been really aware during pass protection of stunts and gets caught flat footed. He seemed late in getting over on pulls, but the ususal pile mover when he got there.

Sadly, he has taken a step back, but is better than Legursky or Essex as other options. Maybe he improves over the next couple weeks.

Chidi29
10-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I forgot the article, but BMac has been pushed down the depth chart and if Allen was out there in the dime, he has really fallen down the depth chart. He's probably gone after this year.

Yeah, Allen was out there later in the game over Brown and McFadden.

Sucks, always liked B-Mac.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM
If Allen is progressing, then why not get him some time against a QB like Kolb with a 2 score lead. I am hoping that Lewis, Brown and Allen can all be contributors next season.

Chidi29
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM
If Allen is progressing, then why not get him some time against a QB like Kolb with a 2 score lead. I am hoping that Lewis, Brown and Allen can all be contributors next season.

I was surprised to see Allen get the nod over Brown. I didn't think he'd see the field on defense this year especially when he was drafted and Lake was talking about all the work in technique Cortez needed because of his military obligations.

GodfatherofSoul
10-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Kemo has got to be one of the dumbest players in the NFL. HOWW do you manage to continuously do something so stupid as dive in late to the pile?

I'm not making excuses for him, but from what I've gathered he's serving up very cold plates of revenge. He seems to be retaliating for cheapshots, sometimes hits from previous games. I think it was the Ravens game he got a PF for retaliating against a player for a hit in the previous season! But, geez if you're going to go that route at least be smart enough to do it in a scrum where you've got a chance of not being seen.

zulater
10-24-2011, 12:10 PM

I think he was spotty in pass protection. I really haven't had a chance to examine how he was against the run. From the sounds of it the knee is still bothering him, so I'll give him some slack. But the mental errors and after the whistle cheap shots are inexcusable and have to end.

The Duke
10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I was surprised to see Allen get the nod over Brown. I didn't think he'd see the field on defense this year especially when he was drafted and Lake was talking about all the work in technique Cortez needed because of his military obligations.

Maybe Cortez was on Andre Roberts? Just playing old team-mate vs old team-mate. Sure would fire both of them up, considering the few Citadel players there are in the league

steeldevil
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Not a complaint, but didn't want to start a new thread for it.

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I saw in the box score that Curtis Brown caught a pass. Is this an error or did he really catch a pass? If so, what position did he line up at and what kind of play was it?

zulater
10-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Here's a complaint. I don't understand why the Cards weren't called for roughing the kicker on the punt that followed the Steelers first possesion of the 2nd half? At a minimum it would have been running into the kicker, but no flag was thrown. They never showed the replay, but I've slowed it down and watched in about 20 times and I can't see why there was no flag? I suppose the claim will be that Battles blocked the Cardinal player into Sepuvelda, but I don't see it that way. It was 4th and 3, the Steelers should have been awarded a first down.

SteelMember
10-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I think you answered you own question. I think they thought that he was blocked into DSep. I would have taken the penalty though. Even if I was sick of seeing the flags in that game. Even the refs were probably tired of throwing them. At one point on a rick return, they didn't even announce the penalty. They just marked the ball back. :noidea:

steeldevil
10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Does no one know about the supposed Curtis Brown catch or is everyone ignoring me??? :heh:

SteelMember
10-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Did somebody say something?

:chuckle:

I think it was probably an error. Curtis... Antonio... whatever it takes. :lol: