PDA

View Full Version : Five and two.

Edman
10-23-2011, 06:19 PM
For all the crazy crap from the miserable losses at Baltimore and Houston, the wild win at Indy. The turnovers. The complaining about the run game. The fluctuating quality of play. The Steelers are 5-2.

Wasn't pretty, wasn't great. But 5-2 is what it is.

Count Steeler
10-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Very important to build on this in the next 2 games. Hope we can sweep the Pats* and the Ravens at Heinz. First up, Brady and the Cheats.

zulater
10-23-2011, 06:22 PM
For all the crazy crap from the miserable losses at Baltimore and Houston, the wild win at Indy. The turnovers. The complaining about the run game. The fluctuating quality of play. The Steelers are 5-2.

Wasn't pretty, wasn't great. But 5-2 is what it is.

Next 3 weeks will tell us a lot about this team. I'll be extremely happy if we're 7-3 after 10.

polamalubeast
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
5-2 is very good

Patriots and ravens now!

Moose
10-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Most of the talk is about Pat's and Balt. games coming up.....big games no doubt, but let's not forget about the bungholes game. The bungholes game is a division game....at cincy....and their defense is pretty tough. I consider that a 'must' win, just as Balt. game will be.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM
The Steelers have a relatively easy schedule. Having the NFC West, along with 4 games with Cleveland and Cincy. Add Jacksonville, Tennesee and Indy in there and the only really tough opponents are Patriots, Texans and Ravens x2.

polamalubeast
10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
The Steelers have a relatively easy schedule. Having the NFC West, along with 4 games with Cleveland and Cincy. Add Jacksonville, Tennesee and Indy in there and the only really tough opponents are Patriots, Texans and Ravens x2.

and 49ers...

zulater
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
and 49ers...

I've got a feeling by the time we play the Niners their bubble will have burst similar to what's happening with the Lions now. Don't get me wrong, the 49ers are improved, Willis and their defense is legit. But overall that's still an 8-8 type team, and if we show up and play our A game we should come away with a win.

Carolina Steelers
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I've got a feeling by the time we play the Niners their bubble will have burst similar to what's happening with the Lions now. Don't get me wrong, the 49ers are improved, Willis and their defense is legit. But overall that's still an 8-8 type team, and if we show up and play our A game we should come away with a win.

My thoughts exactly not sold on 49ers and like you said lions coming back to earth, dont get me wrong like they say any given sunday but I like r chances against 49ers

st33lersguy
10-23-2011, 08:58 PM
The Steelers are 5-2 but the schedule gets tougher. New England and Baltimore are going to be tough, Cincy has improved and could provide a stiff challenge, Kansas City has won their last 3 games and could provide some competition. The 49ers will be tough. The schedule is going to get tougher the rest of the year

tube517
10-23-2011, 09:59 PM
5-2 means nothing. Let's revisit this in December. I think we all know what happened in 2009

JayC
10-23-2011, 10:25 PM
the great news is that teams that we should beat aren't beating us. the bad news is that we didn't beat any good teams. we are basically where we should be at this point but i would have hoped we could have beat either the texans or rats instead of 0/2.

next week is finally a true test the secondary and pass rush since the ravens and texans games. my feeling is that brady is going to pick us apart but i hope not. we gotta win one of these games in order for me to believe we are any good. cards, hawks, titans, jaguars, and colts don't mean much to me for being a good 5-2 team

suitanim
10-24-2011, 08:14 AM
I fear the Rats more than the Pats.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-24-2011, 09:59 AM
and 49ers...

True, but I think we should beat the 49ers. Its quite possible the Steelers can go 12-4 and only beat 1 team with a winning record in the process.

steeldevil
10-24-2011, 10:08 AM
We will see how good the Steelers are over the next 3 weeks.

Dino 6 Rings
10-24-2011, 10:16 AM
5-2 is OK for now.

Now that we actually have a functioning Left Tackle things look better on offense. Kimo is starting to really piss me off with his bad play. His piling on play for 15 yards should have got his ass put on the bench yesterday. I'm sick of that type of cheap shit. Hit a guy hard legally, not the after the whistle piling on crap. That's dirty pool.

in the years we miss the playoffs we lose to teams we shouldn't and in the years we make the playoffs we lose some games to fellow playoff teams during the regular season.