PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on the 2 car draft at Superspeedways

steel9guy
10-23-2011, 01:00 PM
This Talladega and Daytona racing is terrible. I wanna know what everyone else thinks of it? It produces good finishes but Talladega used to be exciting for 188 laps and not just the last couple laps. I think that Nascar, by allowing these 2-car drafts to continue as opposed to the big packs(which were awesome!) is boring and will ruin the sport even more than it already has been ruined.

suitanim
10-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Trevor Bayne was very outspoken on this after yesterdays race. He was running with Gordon, and was forced by a manufacturers agreement to dump Jeff and team up with another Ford. He said after the race that he'd rather park his car and finish last than be forced to screw over someone he's worked with in order to fulfill some premeditated mandate.

This two car draft bullshit has to end. There literally is no reason to pay attention to laps 1-186.

Spike
10-24-2011, 05:07 PM
I say just make these restrictor plate tracks a 75 lap shoot-out...what's the point? Did you see all the empty seats?
thats unreal for the Dega

GO MATT!

Talladega sure sucked for Jimmy and Kyle

When you're scratching and clawing for every point, you hate to let any slip away.

1. Carl Edwards
2. Matt Kenseth -14
3. Brad Keselowski -18
4. Tony Stewart -19
5. Kevin Harvick -26
6. Kyle Busch -40
7. Jimmie Johnson -50
8. Kurt Busch -52
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. -74
10. Jeff Gordon -82
11. Denny Hamlin -84
12. Ryan Newman -88